EA Forums - Banner

Offline allstars sliders settings(for a fast and fun balance game and good stats!)

frenchfrog
126 posts Member
edited May 2020
Here my sliders : edited :april 21 2020
Quick Settings
NHL Experience: I am an expert
Controls: Skill Stick
Difficulty: superstar
Gameplay Preset: Custom (FULL SIM)
On Ice Trainer: OFF
Shot Aim: manual

Rules
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Rules: Custom (NHL)
Fighting: 2
Icing: Hybrid Icing
Injuries: On
Offsides: Delayed
Penalties: 3
Tie Break: 5 min (3 on3) then shootout
Trapezoid Rule: On
Penalty Time Scaling: 0
Coincidental Penalty Time Scale: 0

Game Settings
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Period Length: 6 to 8 Minutes
Difficulty: Superstar
Camera: dynamic medium
Goalie Camera: dynamic medium
Shootout Camera: Low
Away Line Changes: Auto
Away Shot Aim: manual
Home Line Changes: Auto
Home Shot Aim: manual

Gameplay Sliders

GENERAL
Gameplay Version: latest*****patch 1.60....NO TUNER UPDATE!!!(some how last patch the tuner,mess up the skating ...i have reinstall the game dowloaded the patch and that it!!!don t download a tuner ...)or play the online game
Game Style – Custom (Full Sim)
Attribute Effects : Max
Broken Stick Frequency : 35
Game Speed : 0
Fatigue Effect : 100
Fatigue Recovery : 75

Injury Occurrence : 50

SKATING

Back Skating: 23 ...this slider go with acceleration they serve the same purpose it s catch up speed...has to be in sync
Hustle Type : Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility : 100
Puck Carrier Skating: 100
Player Acceleration : 23
Skating Speed :79
Agility :50

SHOOTING
One Timer Accuracy : 54
Shot Accuracy :55
Shot Power : 50
Slap Shot Accuracy : 56
Slap Shot Power : 52

PASSING

Manual Passing - On
Pass Assist : 85
Min Pass Speed: 35
Max Pass Speed: 65
Saucer Pass Speed : 45
Pass Accuracy : 50
Pass Interceptions : 0
Pass Reception Ease :10
Reception Reaction Time : 50
Puck Control Rating Effect : 50
Puck Speed Reception Effect : 50
Pickup Type Effect :65
Bouncing Puck Receptions : 15

PUCK CONTROL

Incidental Contact Puck Loss : Stick , Legs and Body
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity : 0
Puck Control : 28
Deking Impact : 25
Spin Deke Impact : 35
Skating Impact : 15

GOALIES
Goalie Cover Frequency : 33
Goalie Passing : 83
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time : 100
Goalie Save Reaction Time :50
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time :50
Goalie Screen Effect : 100
Goalie Screen Persistence : 70

CHECKING

Board Effect Non-Puck Carrier : 25
Board Effect Puck Carrier : 0
Hitting Assistance : 65
Stumble Threshold : 72
Fall and Stumble Fall Ease: 75
Aggression :0 yes 0....like fifa if you go higher the cpu get out of shape all the time! And it slow that north south crazy stuff...and yes there is still lot of hits
Hitting Power : 12
Size Effect : 60
Speed Effect : 65
Checking/Balance Rating Effect :17
Preparedness Effect : 51
Incidental Contact Effect : 30
Poke Checking Accuracy : 35
Poke Checking Power : 50
Stick Lift Effectiveness :50

PENALTIES: this need to be improve some penalties are totally absent!
CPU Penalties: 50
CPU Teammate Penalties: 25
Tripping: 8
Slashing : 65
Elbowing :100(in all the game i ve played i did not seen one elbowing penalty)
High Sticking : 100
Cross Checking: 100
Boarding : 40
Charging :40
Delay of Game : 35
Holding : 60
Hooking : 60
Interference : 90

AI
AI Learning:6
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0 ...this slider is the worst it s the cpu cheat sliders!!!
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 55
Fight Difficulty:50
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 6
User Strategy Adjustment: 0
BAP Strategy Adjustment:

I hope you ll have fun i ve been playing with these for a while...
stats are great and game are a blast!

cheers
Post edited by frenchfrog on
MRSENATEURS

Replies

• frenchfrog
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    i notice that some sliders stop working if you go past a certain point ....
    speed is around 85...anything over and your player actually go slower..

i wonder if it s the same problem with elbowing and high sticking penalty...

if anyone could help finding a good balance in the penalty system ...
    it would be great..cause with the slider above i have the right amount of penalty for me and the cpu and a pretty good mix of penalty ,except elbowing ,high stick and cross checking ..
    they are totally absent

Cheers...
    Post edited by frenchfrog on
    MRSENATEURS
  • updated post patch 1.50
    MRSENATEURS
  • After playing this game with this really cool patch(Good job EA) for a couple of week ...i went online to chek out the 3v3 mode (not for me at all)...and it automaticly downloaded the latest tuner ....
    So when i went back to my franchise mode the game was slow and slugish...somehow the balance between acceleration and straight line speed is mess up . .even if you play with the sliders something feel wrong...

So i had to erase everything ,except my roster update ...and reeinstall the game with the patch ..and this time no more online stuff ..
    The game with the original tuner is mile better ...the flow of the game feel right.
    The explosivness when a player go from 0 to 40 is well done and look natural ...Overall balance ..is back
    With a good sliders set ...this game is amazing..

So for all you offline players ...try my little experience ...and you ll see what i mean...i updated my sliders .. remember tuner=sluggish and slow.. LOL

Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    frenchfrog wrote: »
    After playing this game with this really cool patch(Good job EA) for a couple of week ...i went online to chek out the 3v3 mode (not for me at all)...and it automaticly downloaded the latest tuner ....
    So when i went back to my franchise mode the game was slow and slugish...somehow the balance between acceleration and straight line speed is mess up . .even if you play with the sliders something feel wrong...

So i had to erase everything ,except my roster update ...and reeinstall the game with the patch ..and this time no more online stuff ..
    The game with the original tuner is mile better ...the flow of the game feel right.
    The explosivness when a player go from 0 to 40 is well done and look natural ...Overall balance ..is back
    With a good sliders set ...this game is amazing..

So for all you offline players ...try my little experience ...and you ll see what i mean...i updated my sliders .. remember tuner=sluggish and slow.. LOL

Cheers

I know, every time I see this online clips I need to laugh about ! Funny how the Player move in online mode :-)
    I created some hundred missing Players. There is no need for offline Players to buy NHL 21. The worst on this game are the graphic things, but with this Department it will not change in 21.
  • @Froommey
    If you only play offline ,try reeinstaling the game with the patch but no tuner . .
    The game is way better
    And pretty cool...
    Im with you on the graphic the whole nhl need to have their face scan ...

Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • frenchfrog wrote: »
    @Froommey
    If you only play offline ,try reeinstaling the game with the patch but no tuner . .
    The game is way better
    And pretty cool...
    Im with you on the graphic the whole nhl need to have their face scan ...

Cheers

Thanks for your advice ! Will try to do reinstall the game and proof it.
  • frenchfrog
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I updated my slider..
    While being stuck at home and playing the crap out of fifa20, nhl 20 and f12019..
    Nhl is pretty cool ..
    But it s missing animation ...compare to fifa i feel like im fighting the remote more than the cpu...
    The most noticeable one is ..
    an animation where i step up a guy at the blue line ,cause right now hitting is not really a defensive tool ...it s more a good way to give breakaway or 2on1
    The hustle system still need some polish ...
    Stick handling system ...way to ackward!
    And more difference between players ...
    Fifa you could feel the difference between slow and fast players and the game still work great(except headers🤬😄)
    ...last roster sharing...😁😉

Cheers and be safe..
    take care of each other out there ...
    MRSENATEURS
  • What offline mode do you play on? I use Play Now. There is a “game speed glitch” in this mode. Basically the game speed fluctuates from game to game and sometimes in game. Totally random. Very annoying. I prefer my game speed slider on 1 but I have to change it back and forth from 1 to 3 when the game speed is too slow or too fast. I’m wondering if it’s present in other modes.
  • What offline mode do you play on? I use Play Now. There is a “game speed glitch” in this mode. Basically the game speed fluctuates from game to game and sometimes in game. Totally random. Very annoying. I prefer my game speed slider on 1 but I have to change it back and forth from 1 to 3 when the game speed is too slow or too fast. I’m wondering if it’s present in other modes.

i play be a gm ....
    someone was talking about the speed fluctuation thing ...
    and what he found ,is if you re ps4 is in sleep mode and you restart the game ,
    you ll have this weird glitch in the speed of the game ,basically you have to close and restart the nhl application and you ll have a better experience ,i don t know if it s a processor problem or memory ...im not a tech guys
    but one thing for sure it make a difference ...

cheers

MRSENATEURS

I play in “Season Mode” and even created a thread about this issue. It drives me absolutely insane that I can’t just boot my game up and expect my sliders to feel the same in every game I play.

Obviously I don’t need outcomes to be identical, I just need to feel that my game speed hasn’t been turned up to 6 for some reason despite my sliders not being touched.

Would really like to this issue fixed as it’s more than annoying. I don’t know if there’s built-in code that artificially messes with sliders to create different feeling games, but I’d love for it to be turned off because it makes slider-head people like me want to delete the game.
  • Tier1SOFOperator
    496 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    What offline mode do you play on? I use Play Now. There is a “game speed glitch” in this mode. Basically the game speed fluctuates from game to game and sometimes in game. Totally random. Very annoying. I prefer my game speed slider on 1 but I have to change it back and forth from 1 to 3 when the game speed is too slow or too fast. I’m wondering if it’s present in other modes.

I play in “Season Mode” and even created a thread about this issue. It drives me absolutely insane that I can’t just boot my game up and expect my sliders to feel the same in every game I play.

Obviously I don’t need outcomes to be identical, I just need to feel that my game speed hasn’t been turned up to 6 for some reason despite my sliders not being touched.

Would really like to this issue fixed as it’s more than annoying. I don’t know if there’s built-in code that artificially messes with sliders to create different feeling games, but I’d love for it to be turned off because it makes slider-head people like me want to delete the game.

RIGHT?! Game breaking. Last night I was playing a game (Play Now on XB1) Game speed slider was on 1 but the damn game was what I refer to as “turbo mode”. Absolutely way to fast! Like it felt like game speed was set on 6/6. Can’t stand it. Totally ruins the experience. And it is so effing random. No rhyme or reason to this what so ever. Some times when I’m playing on game speed 1 the game is so effing slow that the skaters feel like they are skating on melted ice so I have to turn up the game speed to 3 to try and counter. Totally unacceptable! If this problem isn’t fixed for 21 I’m out.

Post edited by Tier1SOFOperator on

RIGHT?! Game breaking. Last night I was playing a game (Play Now on XB1) Game speed slider was on 1 but the damn game was what I refer to as “turbo mode”. Absolutely way to fast! Like it felt like game speed was set on 6/6. Can’t stand it. Totally ruins the experience. And it is so effing random. No rhyme or reason to this what so ever. Some times when I’m playing on game speed 1 the game is so effing slow that the skaters feel like they are skating on melted ice so I have to turn up the game speed to 3 to try and counter. Totally unacceptable! If this problem isn’t fixed for 21 I’m out.

Yeah it’s absolutely baffling. If I play the first five minutes and the game in winky, I’ll hard restart the Xbox, reload the game, switch through all of the slider presets again till I land on the one I was using, then try replaying the game.

That’s how much I want to play this game. I’m willing to do all of that just to get my game to feel the way it CAN. That’s the worst part, is that this game CAN and DOES feel great offline when the game isn’t manipulating my sliders under-the-hood.

I’m checked out for 21. Already have decided. Everything I post and contribute in here is in hopes for next-gen to be an extremely immersive, enjoyable experience.
  • updated 21 april...
    MRSENATEURS
  • I switch from superstar to all star since the latest patch ...on superstar the cpu ...is almost unbeatable ...you win 1 lose 5...
    And those 🤬board pass ...LOL
    Cheers
    MRSENATEURS