Replies

• DetroitPride2114
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    HS182 wrote: »
    HdUb_ScRuB wrote: »
    so had a lot of comments on my last post on how you make games that are broken and flawed so why not make another one until you finally decide to answer the people who buy this game

On a power plan in hut squad battles on all-star and once again my players get tired and slow down yet there’s don’t. Now this is once again proving a point that your rankings don’t matter you will always give the computers the advantage since I lost the game 4-2 SINCE A 84 OVERALL VASILEVSKIY CAN STOP EVERYTHING WHEN A 91 OVERALL RINNE WITH HIGHER STATS GIVE UP CRAP GOALS. If I make a team for speed and have the synergies sustained pressure on that gives a speed boost to my whole team and have wing man on for acceleration and my players are still getting outskated we have a problem hopefully you stop hiding and actually answer this post

Can you show me some video of slower players outskating faster players? I get that speed is a killer attribute, but it's not going to rack up goals for you. There's personal skill involved with scoring. You need to have good vision of the game, be able to aim, set up good scoring chances, defend well, use strategies that counter your opponent, etc. If you can post some video of your issues, I'll gladly review them.

How could a videa proove this? Who is taking videos of a whole game and besides that - we would need to know the roster of our opponents. Maybe I am wrong, but I don´t see any roster in SB, CS and Rivals. Even after a goal the fade ins of the player cards are too short (and btw mostly covered from the fade in of the NHL shield) and too small to study the ratings of the players.

My feeling with the speed topic is, that too many other facts have an impact on the speed - like team and line strategies. IMO this is wrong because a more defense strategy doesn´t mean that a fast player throttle down his speed - just his awareness and behavior should be touched by this.

It's pretty easy to see which players your opponent has when they score. Otherwise, if you're not sure what players they have, how do you know they are lower-rated than your own? Video would greatly help show us what you're experiencing. Regardless of their overalls, there are other reasons they would be outskated. Fatigue is a major one, but also positioning, angles, the momentum at which the players are moving, etc.

Regarding your comment about goalies, lower rated goalies aren't stopping everything. They are getting scored on as well. Regardless, the defense in front of them is just as important, if not more. If you're giving up good scoring chances, any goalie is susceptible to being scored on.

Aljo, sir. This is now the 3rd time posting this after you asked for video, and its gone ignored thus far. Its from nhl15 but 20 is the same engine no? So if this was in engine at the start of the gen and it hasnt changed then heres your proof that it happens.

Post edited by DetroitPride2114 on
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    lphabsfan wrote: »

This is a lie. There is documented proof that there is a system that has been developed by EA in order to do exactly what all the players in the EA NHL community says is going in. If you or the people at EA wanted to prove that it doesn't exist, then there would have to be an audit of the gameplay code which we all know will never happen. All that will happen is the continued demand for "pics or it's not real" by requesting video and coming up with non sensical answers that nobody who doesn't have their head in the sand will actually believe.

We don't lie here. For more on DDA and NHL, see this article from a previous community manager: https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/comments/8ddfjb/ea_input_on_tiltddainternat_lag/dxn98b7/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

You post that as if it's offering some sort of proof that it doesn't exist. Aside from a single mention that "ice tilt doesn't exist", the entire post is trying to say that it's all in our head and we just need to chill out. Even if I wanted to get into the semantics of it, the use of the term "ice tilt" doesn't invalidate peoples argument since we refer to the term "DDA". Since only "Ice Tilt" is mentioned in the post, "DDA" could still be used as it's a different term.

That post is just the same ol' stuff that's been said for a long time. More excuses to try and pass off the blame on to the user in order to hide what's really going on.

I mean really, randomness in the NHL as a reason for what exactly? This isn't the NHL. This is a video game where things are programmed in meaning randomness needs to be part of the code.

Can you show me 2 NHL games that are exactly alike? Randomness is a part of a dynamic sport like hockey. The way the puck bounces and reacts to the objects it comes in contact with isn't going to be the same every single game. One bad, or fortunate, bounce can easily change the outcome of a play you hadn't anticipated.

We have said many times that DDA doesn't exist in NHL. Neither does ice tilt or momentum or whatever you want to call it. Your wins are not pre-determined. They are not scripted. Game results are based on how the humans controlled their players as well as the overalls of the players on the ice and the strategies you're setting.

Confirmation bias is the biggest contributor to this theory. If you watch replays of where you think the DDA kicks in, you'll see the string of events that lead up to this. Feel free to post some video of where you think the DDA is so we can discuss it.

What i CAN show you is several games of EA chel that play out the same. Same **** invincibility by ai in last couple min etc. You can literay hear me on several occasions say " here comes god mode" in the last minute, followed by "guarantee their next shot scores, regardless of where its from" and it does. I dont believe ice tilt but you just asked to show video of 2 nhl games that are the same. I agree. Youll never find em. Unfortunately i cant say that about nhl20 as the games play out very similarly
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager

This is a lie. There is documented proof that there is a system that has been developed by EA in order to do exactly what all the players in the EA NHL community says is going in. If you or the people at EA wanted to prove that it doesn't exist, then there would have to be an audit of the gameplay code which we all know will never happen. All that will happen is the continued demand for "pics or it's not real" by requesting video and coming up with non sensical answers that nobody who doesn't have their head in the sand will actually believe.

We don't lie here. For more on DDA and NHL, see this article from a previous community manager: https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/comments/8ddfjb/ea_input_on_tiltddainternat_lag/dxn98b7/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

You post that as if it's offering some sort of proof that it doesn't exist. Aside from a single mention that "ice tilt doesn't exist", the entire post is trying to say that it's all in our head and we just need to chill out. Even if I wanted to get into the semantics of it, the use of the term "ice tilt" doesn't invalidate peoples argument since we refer to the term "DDA". Since only "Ice Tilt" is mentioned in the post, "DDA" could still be used as it's a different term.

That post is just the same ol' stuff that's been said for a long time. More excuses to try and pass off the blame on to the user in order to hide what's really going on.

I mean really, randomness in the NHL as a reason for what exactly? This isn't the NHL. This is a video game where things are programmed in meaning randomness needs to be part of the code.

Can you show me 2 NHL games that are exactly alike? Randomness is a part of a dynamic sport like hockey. The way the puck bounces and reacts to the objects it comes in contact with isn't going to be the same every single game. One bad, or fortunate, bounce can easily change the outcome of a play you hadn't anticipated.

We have said many times that DDA doesn't exist in NHL. Neither does ice tilt or momentum or whatever you want to call it. Your wins are not pre-determined. They are not scripted. Game results are based on how the humans controlled their players as well as the overalls of the players on the ice and the strategies you're setting.

Confirmation bias is the biggest contributor to this theory. If you watch replays of where you think the DDA kicks in, you'll see the string of events that lead up to this. Feel free to post some video of where you think the DDA is so we can discuss it.

What i CAN show you is several games of EA chel that play out the same. Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ invincibility by ai in last couple min etc. You can literay hear me on several occasions say " here comes god mode" in the last minute, followed by "guarantee their next shot scores, regardless of where its from" and it does. I dont believe ice tilt but you just asked to show video of 2 nhl games that are the same. I agree. Youll never find em. Unfortunately i cant say that about nhl20 as the games play out very similarly

What you're experiencing is confirmation bias. That's the biggest contributor to the belief there's ice tilt.

Where are your videos? You say you've posted them before, but I'm not seeing them. Can you post videos to this thread showing what makes you believe your wins are given to you because the computer chose it was your turn to win?

What i CAN show you is several games of EA chel that play out the same. Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ invincibility by ai in last couple min etc. You can literay hear me on several occasions say " here comes god mode" in the last minute, followed by "guarantee their next shot scores, regardless of where its from" and it does. I dont believe ice tilt but you just asked to show video of 2 nhl games that are the same. I agree. Youll never find em. Unfortunately i cant say that about nhl20 as the games play out very similarly

What you're experiencing is confirmation bias. That's the biggest contributor to the belief there's ice tilt.

Where are your videos? You say you've posted them before, but I'm not seeing them. Can you post videos to this thread showing what makes you believe your wins are given to you because the computer chose it was your turn to win?

I NEVER SAID THAT. Lol. You're putting words in my mouth but if you just look at my post, youll see the video. Its the 3rd time its been posted now

Also i very clearly stated that i dont believe in tilt but you still accused me of believing in ice tilt man. Whats up with that sir?
  • EA_Aljo

I responded to this previously. This doesn't apply to today's game as there are numerous differences with the changes to skating and physics since NHL 16. We'd also need someone that can go more into detail about the mechanics of the previous generation of games. However, there never has been ice tilt.

It kind of goes against your non-belief in ice tilt when you post videos trying to prove it exists.
  • DetroitPride2114
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2020

I responded to this previously. This doesn't apply to today's game as there are numerous differences with the changes to skating and physics since NHL 16. We'd also need someone that can go more into detail about the mechanics of the previous generation of games. However, there never has been ice tilt.

It kind of goes against your non-belief in ice tilt when you post videos trying to prove it exists.

How on earth does this say i think it exists? What I'm saying is you guys are once again caught not being entirely truthful.

Edited for feelings

The only thing this proves is that your special cards probably dont do as much for your team as you lead us to believe. The attributes there clearly meant little, and people are still calling this out so i post proof that it ever existed in the first place and you kind of attack me?
  • EA_Aljo
    edited February 2020

How on earth does this say i think it exists? What I'm saying is you guys are once again caught not being entirely truthful.

Edited for feelings

We are being truthful as there is no ice tilt. That's not a lie.

Apologies for the feeling you were being attacked. That wasn't the intent. I was confused as to why you say you don't feel there is no ice tilt yet you seem determined to prove it's there.

There is a clear difference between low rated players and high rated players. It's very apparent. Whenever I ask for videos on slower players beating faster players, I rarely ever get them. If this was happening all the time, I'm sure we'd be getting submissions of video evidence. The one you posted still shows faster players beating slower players.

There are many variables in a live game that play a role in speed and acceleration. Without seeing video, we can't determine why a slower player beat a faster player. In my experience, when people have submitted a video they think shows this, it's been due to the angles the players were skating and the carrier being more flatfooted. 2 players skating at opposite angles, towards a same central spot is not the same as 2 players, side by side, skating from one end of the ice to the other.

Edited for feelings

We are being truthful as there is no ice tilt. That's not a lie.

Apologies for the feeling you were being attacked. That wasn't the intent. I was confused as to why you say you don't feel there is no ice tilt yet you seem determined to prove it's there.

There is a clear difference between low rated players and high rated players. It's very apparent. Whenever I ask for videos on slower players beating faster players, I rarely ever get them. If this was happening all the time, I'm sure we'd be getting submissions of video evidence. The one you posted still shows faster players beating slower players.

There are many variables in a live game that play a role in speed and acceleration. Without seeing video, we can't determine why a slower player beat a faster player. In my experience, when people have submitted a video they think shows this, it's been due to the angles the players were skating and the carrier being more flatfooted. 2 players skating at opposite angles, towards a same central spot is not the same as 2 players, side by side, skating from one end of the ice to the other.

Youre still sidestepping the point of the video. Why does it show that a guy with such low attributes pretty much keeps up with crosby in every catergory? How is that suggesting ice tilt? What its PROVING is that you guys arent giving the full truth about this. Instead of answering my question, you accuse me of supporting ice tilt right after i said it doesnt exist. Im not supporting ice tilt. Im supporting the fact that again, were not being told the full truth, and when we catch you guys, that person just gets silenced. Ive seen it time and time again. Just look at your fifa pro right now. EA is destroying this mans livelihood because their feelings are hurt because hes calling them out for shoddy mechanics etc. Instead of spending time and money going after people who are only trying to help with the game, spend that time and money releasing a fully functioning product first.

And you guys cant figure out why nobody trusts your word on things? Its because anytime your company is caught, you just silence the ones who question you. Did Kurt cross some lines? Sure. But EA crosses even bigger lines on a daily basis, and to go out of your way to publicly defame him is just....wow. New low.

So again, why does this guy pretty much keep up with crosby if attributes matter? If the cards you keep selling in packs attributes dont matter that much, its pretty shady and i just posted proof of it existing on THIS CURRENT ENGINE. instead of offering answers about what i REALLY brought up, it was sidestepped and now im being made out to look like one of the ice tilt conspiracy nuts. Only conspiracy here is how EA silences people when theyre caught in lies. FACT!

And having said that, might as well tell everyone goodbye now. Take care all

The only thing this proves is that your special cards probably dont do as much for your team as you lead us to believe. The attributes there clearly meant little, and people are still calling this out so i post proof that it ever existed in the first place and you kind of attack me?

I've said this before! Thank you for phrasing it better and with a more concise argument (I'm old, 48, been playing since Atari and not up on the languages needs to discuss games from a technical aspects). My biggest complaint is the the ratings ARE Absolutely arbitrary and that the special cards are only special in terms of artwork (although I can't actually complain about that as some of them are absolutely gorgeous). As a community of hockey fans, as gamers and as consumers we deserve better than to be sold, year after year, the merits and virtues of spending time and money to aquire that MSP Gretzky, Crosby, Ovi......whomever, only to have that hard work and sacrifice rewarded with the game giving us a Kevin Hayes or whomever who plays exactly the same. If you need more proof of the arbitrary ratings look at you own team(s) from NHL 19. Did you have a 99 overall anyone-not-named-Gretzky/Lemieux? Of course you did. I had two DIFFERENT 99 Michael Ferlands (Sorry for the Trump-caps). Complete FOMO exploitation.
  • This year will be no different. Make sure that by the end of cycle everyone has a team of 98-99 so that they will feel and believe that 'next year I could win this thing if I just spent a few dollars more, a ew times more often....etc.)

There isn't a single person who doesn't have their head in the sand that will actually believe you when you say there is no DDA/whatever else. None. If they were based on how humans control the players on the ice and the strategies they employ, then there would be very little randomness that's the point. "Randomness" as you call it, needs to be programmed in.

And if your goal is to make the game more realistic, then there are countless things that are employed in the game that go directly against it. The mental gymnastics that you guys at EA have to do to hide all of this must be exhausting.
  • EA_Aljo

There isn't a single person who doesn't have their head in the sand that will actually believe you when you say there is no DDA/whatever else. None. If they were based on how humans control the players on the ice and the strategies they employ, then there would be very little randomness that's the point. "Randomness" as you call it, needs to be programmed in.

And if your goal is to make the game more realistic, then there are countless things that are employed in the game that go directly against it. The mental gymnastics that you guys at EA have to do to hide all of this must be exhausting.

Things aren't as random as you'd think. If you're talking about things like puck pick ups from incidental contact, that's more ratings and position-based. The computer isn't choosing who picks it up because they're trying to get that guy that's going to quit playing if he doesn't get a win, to keep playing. If you could go into greater detail on the randomness you think is programmed into the game, I can give a better explanation. If you're just talking about good/bad bounces, those are based on how the puck collides with an object and what surface it's colliding with. Nothing is programmed to make bounces go to whoever the computer the computer wants to win. That would be a very complicated system. You'd think if that kind of AI was in the game, we'd see fewer complaints about AI players.

If you really think the game is scripted, start a game, put down your controller and walk away. If you believe the outcome is decided regardless of human interaction, there would be no need to actually play.

Please be respectful and word your post as an opinion. Stating definitively that someone is experiencing confirmation bias instead of wording it as an opinion is very disrespectful.

Things aren't as random as you'd think. If you're talking about things like puck pick ups from incidental contact, that's more ratings and position-based. The computer isn't choosing who picks it up because they're trying to get that guy that's going to quit playing if he doesn't get a win, to keep playing. If you could go into greater detail on the randomness you think is programmed into the game, I can give a better explanation. If you're just talking about good/bad bounces, those are based on how the puck collides with an object and what surface it's colliding with. Nothing is programmed to make bounces go to whoever the computer the computer wants to win. That would be a very complicated system. You'd think if that kind of AI was in the game, we'd see fewer complaints about AI players.

If you really think the game is scripted, start a game, put down your controller and walk away. If you believe the outcome is decided regardless of human interaction, there would be no need to actually play.

I did a test with two Xboxes and two starter teams in HUT and matched them against each other in online play. Both had the exact same strategies, and when I put both controllers down, if one team had the puck, the opponent's AI would aggressively attack the puck carrier and stick-lift it away, but the other team's AI was passive when the opponent controlled the puck.

I would love to hear a developer's explanation of that.

I did a test with two Xboxes and two starter teams in HUT and matched them against each other in online play. Both had the exact same strategies, and when I put both controllers down, if one team had the puck, the opponent's AI would aggressively attack the puck carrier and stick-lift it away, but the other team's AI was passive when the opponent controlled the puck.

I’m not a dev, but it is part strategies and part just glitches in the game code causing the differences. When you play SB, you can drop your controller once you have completed all the task (5 Goals, Shots, etc...) Some teams will be super aggressive toward your player that get the puck, others are more passive. That’s because of the strategies they are using.

Then, you have the glitches coming in the mix. In specific situations/places and position on the ice, you will get more or less attacked by your opponent. If you position your player certain ways (facing the board on specific part of the ice) the cpu won’t know what to do and will just stay still. This is what many people do to skip the rest of the game faster instead of playing it all the way.

So the difference is those two things combine together. Even on PP, you can put your player a certain place in the offensive zone depending on your opponent strategy and you will just be able to stay still and do nothing. The AI won’t even try to get the puck. Lately, they seem to have made the AI more aggressive in general, so it is harder to do, but not impossible.
  • EA_Aljo
    edited March 2020

We'd have to see video to understand what's going on. Also, if scripting or DDA existed, one of those teams would have won without controlling them. Unless somehow the puck deflected into the net from the AI defenders trying to cause a turnover.
  • I don't think people are talking about the outcome being scripted. They are talking about the game giving an advantage to one player.