EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Network connection popup

RNM58820755
32 posts Member
edited March 8
Idk if this has been addressed or not, but for the past 2+ weeks everytime i start the game the network connection issue warning pops up. Unable to connect to the EA servers at this time yada yada. Im still able to play online though. Has anyone been experiencing this? Ever since this has been happening the game feels very slow and response is slow as well. It probably doesn't really mean anything, but its just weird that i keep getting the message. Id like to know if the devs have any insight on this? Internet is hard wired, all other games are fine and as i said im still able to play online.

Replies

• mikeq67
    114 posts Member
    Yup. Every single time I put the game on. Game has fallen on dark times. But hey at least we have Snoop Dogg!!!!! Just what everyone was asking for.
  • 0ldPizza
    142 posts Member
    this is becoming a huge problem can't enjoy the game with the wacky connection
  • I think this is acting everyone... But don't thin it had any actual affect as it connects as soon as you hit ok
  • I think this is acting everyone... But don't thin it had any actual affect as it connects as soon as you hit ok

I haven't seen this issue. I mean I've seen it before once or twice in the past, but it's not something I've seen with any regularity this year. Not like the servers going down repeatedly over the past few weeks lol.
  • Only issue is it messes with invites to games sometimes.

I haven't seen this issue. I mean I've seen it before once or twice in the past, but it's not something I've seen with any regularity this year. Not like the servers going down repeatedly over the past few weeks lol.

i'ver never seen this before but for about two weeks everyone i know, the first time they load the game and go into world of chel they get this pop up that says network not connected. of course when you click OK you find out you are connected. Some kind of weird bug i guess.
  • EA_Blueberry
    2854 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, all.

Thank you for raising this up to our attention. We've seen reports of this and the team is looking into it. It's very possible to minimize the amount of these errors with basic connection troubleshooting though if you haven't rebooted your network lately. A solid power cycle with your console helps with performance related issues too.

Connection Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
  • Hey, all.

Thank you for raising this up to our attention. We've seen reports of this and the team is looking into it. It's very possible to minimize the amount of these errors with basic connection troubleshooting though if you haven't rebooted your network lately. A solid power cycle with your console helps with performance related issues too.

Connection Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Ive unplugged router and let sit for awhile, rebuilt database, powered down ps4, reset connection on ps4 among other things, but it still pops up.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @FapidextrousFTWs

Thanks. We're looking into it.
  • Same here. Just happened yesterday . Soon as I load the game error occurs.
  • as of March 23rd this is still happening
  • Been happening the past 3-4 weeks for me. Soon as I load the game I get a "network error". But if I close out the game, then reload it, I connect again. This is the only game doing this. And I'm on PS4.
  • it was very odd. i didn't get it for 2 nights in a row but it was back again the last 2 nights.
  • EA_Blueberry