EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Why do I have internet problems when I play online?

So yea why do I have problems, according to ookla I have 60 down and 8 UP on my PS4 and my PS4 is connected to the router with a wire as well.. (PS4 slim) router is 2.4 ghz

Replies

• 5 gzh*
  • EA_Blueberry
    2036 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey what's up, @Maze_Jolt_21

What type of internet problems are you having, lag or disconnections?

Do you see it happening in all modes or specific one(s)?
  • Steven5470
    334 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Same issue here. Every time I load up the game it says 'Network Connection' error (unable to connect to the servers). It says it's on my side, but everything else is connected fine. NHL 20 is the only game having this connection issue. Been going on a few days now. To connect, I have to close out the game (PS4) then reload it.
  • [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2121105"]Hey what's up, @Maze_Jolt_21

Do you see it happening in all modes or specific one(s)?[/quote]
    Mostly on all online game modes, it has even happend when I was trying to see the leaderboard...
    But when It happens in a match I have huge amount of packet loss (30-70 %)
  • EA_Aljo
    974 posts EA Community Manager

Mostly on all online game modes, it has even happend when I was trying to see the leaderboard...

I know it sounds very basic, but has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!
  • [quote="EA_Aljo;c-2121219"][quote="Maze_Jolt_21;c-2121179"][quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2121105"]Hey what's up, @Maze_Jolt_21

Do you see it happening in all modes or specific one(s)?[/quote]
    But when It happens in a match I have huge amount of packet loss (30-70 %)[/quote]

I know it sounds very basic, but has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks![/quote]

It's a bit better now thx :) (I have played online now for a solid amount of time and yesterday with almost 0 issues...
  • EA_Aljo
    974 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I know it sounds very basic, but has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

It's a bit better now thx :) (I have played online now for a solid amount of time and yesterday with almost 0 issues...

Great! Glad to hear it. If it returns or if anything else comes up, let us know. Thanks!