EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

pass assist: 0 and Pass Accuracy : CPU: 0 and Human: 0 and is Hustle Button Broken ?

EvanAshopenace
650 posts Member
edited March 21
so for experiment I just did now, I think Pass Assist : 0 and Pass Accuracy: CPU: 0 / Human: 0 is indeed broken, it litterually has no effect on AI CPU and AI CPU was still pulling off passes and scoring 7 goals, another thing i think hustle button might be indeed broken, i tried it has no effect on game play, i think game play sliders have taken hit this year, as some of sliders we're indeed turned off.

i think some of sliders we're indeed converted into strictly simming games fully and not actually playing the game, through sim engine only.

if sliders worked we'd have full control over AI CPU and shape this and that and outcome and realistic shots, which we seem to don't have control over stuff.

when people say 'I want to play like Sim' , maybe we should use words , 'I want it play like Sim Gameplay in game and not sim engine stuff' if u say i want to 'play like sim' he might be thinking of Sim Engine Stuff

might one of reason they've invested into Sim engine and sliders are being turned into Passive abilities for Sim Engine.

just brain storming is all just thinking.
Post edited by EvanAshopenace on

Replies

• That's what I've been asking for awhile now. What sliders and attributes actually matter in game play. Seems to be a quiet response. I have CPU and HUM pass accuracy at 5 and the CPU still hits over 70% for pass accuracy. They can still pinpoint pass to their player in front of the net.

This, to me, is where a huge frustration with the game is. You set certain sliders expecting it to be one way, and you don't get the results expected. This creates the feeling of "tilt" or "scripted" game because with pass accuracy at 5 or 0, in every game the pass accuracy % is above 70 for the CPU. How is this possible? We were already told 'poise' makes no difference in game. So what sliders make no difference in game?

Aggression slider is another questionable one. Whether it is past 50 or even at 20, they are still aggressive. However, with it at 30 and under, the CPU seems to dump the puck more. Maybe it's reversed?? Who knows. A lot of this games functions are a mystery.
  • I have been asking the same thing ever since NHL10. The sliders make no sense and they are not backwards as I have tried every which way. I had set the player acceleration, agility, puck carrier, skating speed all at 2 for CPU while I put Human at 95 and what did I find? My players were still much slower than the opposing AI. I have played with the settings and the way the gameplay is the sliders have absolutely no affect. Passing, poke checking and the gameplay overall is nonexistent. I have even seen comments from Devs about AI responding to my strategies that makes even less sense. If the AI is responding to the strategies I lay out and I catch the AI out of position to the point where I have an open player; then why oh why is my passing going anywhere but in the aimed direction of my open player? All of my AI teammates refuse to go passed the offensive blue line for support, five passes later and miraculously by the time it gets to the open player AI has positioned itself to take away the play. Or, how about on a breakaway my player suddenly has a slow response and is skating like he is being held back just to make sure the opposing AI catches up to him. Or how about since I am leading by 4 goals in the third period not a single pass goes in the aimed direction and I get 0 support (not that my AI ever gives me any support anyways) and watch the opposing AI not get touched a single time. These issues appear match after match after match, that I am so sick of because it has been carried over to the next game ever since NHL15. My only guess is because they do not know how to make the game more challenging. What to us appear as bugs are actually put in the game as "scripted" plays so the AI is more "challenging". I have ran numerous tests with different strategies and different sliders within the same match that had the same result in 17 different tries (as soon as the match would end I would restart the app and would re-play it). The passing in this game for the player characters is not only bad but it is worse than it ever has been. I have been asking Devs about these sliders, passing and overall gameplay and have provided numerous examples on Twitter like they wanted and have never responded so I gave up which is what they want. The way they have everything laid out none of it makes any sense.
  • darkop28
    56 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I forgot to mention that even when you make a good play by taking away the puck and get good speed your own player skates into you to make sure to slow you down. If and when a pokecheck works (which is ridiculously rare as it seems its always a penalty) the puck goes back to the opposing AI anyways which is 99% of the time. Once my stick gets lifted AI has enough time to make 4 different moves before my stick is even down on the ice but if you are in that scenario then the AI reacts so fast that it gets the puck back and is able to get away from my players and score. It seems everything is to work agains you even after you do everything right. This game has nothing to do with strategies and skill as you are relying on the way they have created/mapped out the settings/gameplay.
    The other worse thing about this game is their slow reaction time to any one of my commands.
  • cupcrazyma_s5mj
    10 posts Member
    edited March 23
    @NHLDev

Any answer?
  • I am sure glad I am not alone anymore, am glad there's other experiencing what I am experiencing, that is very interesting, I cannot believe the game slows u down, I mean I had same thing happen to me yesterday, in SuperStar and in All-Star, AI CPU was at point and I was going for check and AI CPU was about to shoot it and my character slowed down to snails pace and AI CPU got shot off and scored we lost, I had vein Popping out my head, but I had to slow down and put controller down after while and go for walk to let out angry thoughts, i was about to turn into the Hulk almost.

or another situation is when AI CPU goes on a 2-0 break away, u go to catch up and your character slows down and they score cause user goalie decides to flopp and dive for puck and they score, game slows u down so suddenly u begin to ask I was pressing speed button :o and game slowed me down.
  • I am sure glad I am not alone anymore, am glad there's other experiencing what I am experiencing, that is very interesting, I cannot believe the game slows u down, I mean I had same thing happen to me yesterday, in SuperStar and in All-Star, AI CPU was at point and I was going for check and AI CPU was about to shoot it and my character slowed down to snails pace and AI CPU got shot off and scored we lost, I had vein Popping out my head, but I had to slow down and put controller down after while and go for walk to let out angry thoughts, i was about to turn into the Hulk almost.

or another situation is when AI CPU goes on a 2-0 break away, u go to catch up and your character slows down and they score cause user goalie decides to flopp and dive for puck and they score, game slows u down so suddenly u begin to ask I was pressing speed button :o and game slowed me down.

The slowing down definitely happens. Awhile back, someone got into the *.ini file of a PC FIFA game and found something along lines of slowing the user down a bit if they are leading in the game. He posted the ini file and it broke out a huge conversation (as you can imagine). I see the same thing with this game. Suddenly, my players slow down or can't turn as fast as the AI.

I get EA is leaning towards the casual player more now (which I don't know where that thought came from), but I want to play the game against another team, not the CPU.
  • I've been testing another Pass Assist setting at 10, and pass accuracy: CPU: 84 / Human: 84, I really like these two for some reason, am in superstar, playing 6 minutes, its got right amount of misses and i suggest to try it out.

this finally brightens my day, i was getting little worried there for moment at how fast ai cpu was, am in pre-season though.
  • EA_Blueberry
    1964 posts EA Community Manager
    I've been testing another Pass Assist setting at 10, and pass accuracy: CPU: 84 / Human: 84, I really like these two for some reason, am in superstar, playing 6 minutes, its got right amount of misses and i suggest to try it out.

this finally brightens my day, i was getting little worried there for moment at how fast ai cpu was, am in pre-season though.

@EvanAshopenace

That's great to hear. :)
  • Steven5470
    326 posts Member
    edited March 24
    I've been testing another Pass Assist setting at 10, and pass accuracy: CPU: 84 / Human: 84, I really like these two for some reason, am in superstar, playing 6 minutes, its got right amount of misses and i suggest to try it out.

@EvanAshopenace

Maybe the slider is reversed? I'll try Pass Accuracy at 85 then. Like I said, even at 5, the AI is hitting over 70% accuracy.

I believe pass accuracy is broken. Why? Here you go. This is with HUM and CPU pass accuracy at 5 each:

This is the CPU passing with accuracy of 5. Watch how pinpoint they are.

And the incredible pinpoint accuracy of this pass from behind the net without looking:

During this game, I don't think my players were able to complete more then 2 passes in a row without it being intercepted or missed.

And EA wonders why we are so frustrated and think the game is scripted or tilted. I also think the Shot Accuracy is adjusted more for the CPU. My players (position lock) were right in front of the net and missed the net with their shot. Several times!

This was on All Star with Aggression at 35 for both. Would love to hear how the CPU can still pass like the videos show and also hit over 70% pass accuracy with the setting as low as it is.
    Post edited by Steven5470 on
  • Steven5470 wrote: »

@EvanAshopenace

Maybe the slider is reversed? I'll try Pass Accuracy at 85 then. Like I said, even at 5, the AI is hitting over 70% accuracy.

I believe pass accuracy is broken. Why? Here you go. This is with HUM and CPU pass accuracy at 5 each:

This is the CPU passing with accuracy of 5. Watch how pinpoint they are.

And the incredible pinpoint accuracy of this pass from behind the net without looking:

During this game, I don't think my players were able to complete more then 2 passes in a row without it being intercepted or missed.

And EA wonders why we are so frustrated and think the game is scripted or tilted. I also think the Shot Accuracy is adjusted more for the CPU. My players (position lock) were right in front of the net and missed the net with their shot. Several times!

This was on All Star with Aggression at 35 for both. Would love to hear how the CPU can still pass like the videos show and also hit over 70% pass accuracy with the setting as low as it is.

The sliders are not broken. They have been carried over since NHL 15. I had the sliders for passing both ways and regardless AI is hitting well over 70%. My passing goes in the opposite direction then aimed in and let's not even talk about it when leading in the third period. Their poke checking accuracy and range is ridiculous considering what the sliders are set to. Like I said before, by the time your player reacts to the stick being lifted, the AI makes 4 moves and scores and is no different when you are put in the same position. Slowing down ones player just so that it gives AI opportunity to get in position is not the way to make a game challenging. I can see my controlled players slow down and have no reaction when in certain and important situations. I watch my own team AI's leave me hanging with 0 support while the opposing AI makes every perfect play. When and only if my poke checks work, unless it's a penalty, they go in the direction of where opposing AI is placed. Regardless of where I aim my stick the opposing AI gets the puck back without doing any hard work and when they pokecheck it goes to them. When you have settings, sliders and gameplay not do what they are intended to do then you know the game is broken on purpose.