EA Forums - Banner

Auction House Wishlist (Improvements)

Prev1
boumbidiboum
446 posts Member
edited March 2020
Here are all the ideas/wishes that I have for next year Auction House. If you have any other feel free to comment them down below.

#1 - It would be cool to see how much a card goes for while in the pack opening screen. It could be just the current lowest buy now on the AH or a compare button. Just something so we could auction the cards right away without having to send them to the collections to check the price.

#2 - There should be higher minimum coins increments when you want to bid over somebody else on higher value items. Here’s an exemple of what I mean:

Item Value | Minimum Increment

[0-10K] — 50 Coins
[10K-100K] — 250-500 Coins
[100K-500K] — 500-1K Coins
[500K-1M] — 1K Coins
[1M+] — 2.5K Coins

#3 - Let us have more than 25 items for sells at the same time. It doesn’t have to be unlimited, just higher than that, maybe 50-100.

#4 - It would be cool if we were able to put duplicate of a card or just multiple items for a same price quicker. Kind of in a batch, you could select all the items, then press auction item in the menu and then, enter the values. Once you’re done, all the items goes to AH for sell individually at the same prices. It would speed up the processus instead of entering all the values for every item.

#5 - It could be part of the previous idea. It would make it interesting if we could sell multiple items as a package. It would make trades more realistic and fun. If we could make trade offer with coins too, it would be cool. (Items + X coins) I think it was in the game before...

#6 - Doesn’t have anything to do with the AH, but why don’t you just remove the Points system and just use Coins instead. It would kill all the coins selling site and reduce significantly if not totally kill the card selling websites. You don’t even have to give more coins for the same dollars, just make it more transparent. You pay X amount of dollars, you get X amount of Coins. People would still opens pack, to gamble and maybe pull something big and get richer. I think that the main issue that some people have with the Points system is that you put real money and you don’t even know what you will get for it exactly.
Post edited by boumbidiboum on

Replies

• BButt05
    30 posts Member
    Great post, #6 scares me. If I knew I’d get value out of spending money I might empty my bank account to keep up with the guys that play all the time!
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    BButt05 wrote: »
    Great post, #6 scares me. If I knew I’d get value out of spending money I might empty my bank account to keep up with the guys that play all the time!

Well, you already get a minimum value when you put money in the game. If you put 100$, you get at least 250K coins if you sell everything that you get from the pack. That’s if you don’t get any high value card. The problem that most people have is that they don’t know that, they just know that if they spend X amount of money, they will get X amount of pack. They force us to open packs and then, sell all the items, just to get coins. If they gave you 250K coins for 100$, then you could go straight to either work the market, buy the players that you want or open packs. Some other games are that way, and people still opens packs. It just doesn’t force you to do it, just to get your coins. The problem is the unnecessary extra step. I believe that this is why there’s website selling coins and cards.
  • Yeah but a lot of good packs contain untradable cards so it’s just a gamble.
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes, but why forcing people to open packs when they don’t want to. Those that want to (like me) will do it anyway, just for fun and to see if we can be lucky and pull something big. Others could go buy the players that they right away or try to go work the market to get more coins. I just don’t understand what forcing you to open packs to get your coins have of positive, maybe there’s a reason but I don’t see it. It just feel shady (even if it is not really, because you can calculate approximately what you will get value wise). It just add a step to the processus of getting coins, that some people don’t want, don’t always understand/see what they will get for their money and it make EA look shady/bad at the end, IMO. I can be totally wrong though.
  • Moshers
    8 posts New member
    #4 all the way!
  • EA_Blueberry
    4520 posts EA Community Manager
    Would love the option to have postings not go up for 10 minutes or so that way if you accidentally made a mistake listing something for 700 instead of 7,000 you might be able to cancel it.
  • Would love the option to have postings not go up for 10 minutes or so that way if you accidentally made a mistake listing something for 700 instead of 7,000 you might be able to cancel it.

Lol
  • EA_Blueberry
    Would love the option to have postings not go up for 10 minutes or so that way if you accidentally made a mistake listing something for 700 instead of 7,000 you might be able to cancel it.

Lol

You like to snipe don't you?
  • I think all player cards should be tradable regardless. I know we have a lot of options to make coins but you get a lot more for selling cards than doing a challenge. Any chance of 86ing the untradeables???
  • Or have an option of putting cards are the market for trade offers only. You cant outright buy them. You have to offer something and the other player has to accept the offer. Kinda would give the feeling of being a GM in HUT.
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member
    It would be really nice to be able to trade cards and pucks with people, but I know that will never happen again. But maybe if we could at least send them an offer of what we'd be willing to spend the next time they list the card?

There are so many cards on the market that I know won't sell at their current prices when I've tracked them for weeks at a time, but there is no way to let the seller(s) know that they are way too high.
  • MFin04 wrote: »
    It would be really nice to be able to trade cards and pucks with people, but I know that will never happen again. But maybe if we could at least send them an offer of what we'd be willing to spend the next time they list the card?

There are so many cards on the market that I know won't sell at their current prices when I've tracked them for weeks at a time, but there is no way to let the seller(s) know that they are way too high.

But if the seller would just take 2 minutes and check the prices for that player in the AH before posting at a ridiculous price. Then they might sell more.
  • EA_Blueberry
    xPDogg65x wrote: »

But if the seller would just take 2 minutes and check the prices for that player in the AH before posting at a ridiculous price. Then they might sell more.

I love how Muthead shows prices for how much items sold for on each platform for Madden 20. (Example)

My biggest ask to have real-time pricing reflect on items when you go to list them via in-game. Such as a "highest price sold" and "average price" on the item when you pull it up to auction it. This way you can post items for the prices they're currently going for on the auction house. This can help cut down on all the researching a bit and going back and forth from searching them on the AH and then back to relisting.
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member
    MFin04 wrote: »

One of the problems for the higher end cards is that there are only 2 or 3 available. So they might not ever see when the other 2 or 3 are listed. I'm obviously checking those cards all the time, they aren't. So they may be $50K-100K too high and have no clue especially if there aren't any on the market.
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member

I love how Muthead shows prices for how much items sold for on each platform for Madden 20. (Example)

My biggest ask to have real-time pricing reflect on items when you go to list them via in-game. Such as a "highest price sold" and "average price" on the item when you pull it up to auction it. This way you can post items for the prices they're currently going for on the auction house. This can help cut down on all the researching a bit and going back and forth from searching them on the AH and then back to relisting.

This is how it used to be in NHL Hut, but a few years ago they took it away.
  • EA_Aljo
    2883 posts EA Community Manager
    MFin04 wrote: »

This is how it used to be in NHL Hut, but a few years ago they took it away.

I believe it was a last price sold at that was included. I don't recall highest or average price, but I did just start playing HUT a few years ago. Regardless, the last price sold amount was removed because it was very frequently not representing what the average price of the item was.
  • I would like to see bidding in real time. The biggest thing wrong in my opinion. You can add last price sold or average price, but if the bidding doesn't work properly, it's all for not.
  • martmet
    97 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Right now the HUT AH makes us lose a lot of time that we could spend on the game.
    You can't please everyone. But here are my "hopefully doable" changes:

- Multi select cards for the same price. Listing 20 gold cards one by one is a HUGE loss of time. Or selling contracts or healing cards etc. Once cards are multi select you should have the option to AUCTION ALL ITEMS.
    - In your trade collection menu, where you see all your tradable cards, you should be able to see all cards identical to this one on the AH. Exactly as the option given in the sets menu. If you select a tradable card in a set you have the option "SEARCH THE AUCTION HOUSE" and it shows you all the same cards on the AH. This option should be also in your:
    Exchange\Auction House\Post New Auction\Search collection menu and expanded to all types of cards, contract, coaches, collectibles etc.
    - You should be able to hide the Loans with a switch that would stick on ON/OFF. having to flip Loan Type again and again every time you search something different in your collection is annoying, especially when you have 20 expired loans sitting there. Another huge loss of time.
    - You should be able to search players that combines more than 1 synergy. If I need a player who has 1T and SP I want to be able to search it there and not rely on a 3rd party website. Same with the multiple synergies. SP/2SP should be easy to search.
    - If you do a trade offer, you should have the option to remove your offer and not wait until the auction ends if the owner never rejects your offer.
    - The search option should include height and weight. If I want to see all goalies over 6'3 or all RWs over 200LBS... I don't want to click on every different card to see this info.

Hopefully these would be easy to implement and save us a TON of time. This game is fun but so time consuming when you search to build your team.
    Post edited by martmet on
  • j0rtsu67
    619 posts Member
    martmet wrote: »
    Right now the HUT AH makes us lose a lot of time that we could spend on the game.
    You can't please everyone. But here are my "hopefully doable" changes:

- Multi select cards for the same price. Listing 20 gold cards one by one is a HUGE loss of time. Or selling contracts or healing cards etc. Once cards are multi select you should have the option to AUCTION ALL ITEMS.
    - In your trade collection menu, where you see all your tradable cards, you should be able to see all cards identical to this one on the AH. Exactly as the option given in the sets menu. If you select a tradable card in a set you have the option "SEARCH THE AUCTION HOUSE" and it shows you all the same cards on the AH. This option should be also in your:
    Exchange\Auction House\Post New Auction\Search collection menu and expanded to all types of cards, contract, coaches, collectibles etc.
    - You should be able to hide the Loans with a switch that would stick on ON/OFF. having to flip Loan Type again and again every time you search something different in your collection is annoying, especially when you have 20 expired loans sitting there. Another huge loss of time.
    - You should be able to search players that combines more than 1 synergy. If I need a player who has 1T and SP I want to be able to search it there and not rely on a 3rd party website. Same with the multiple synergies. SP/2SP should be easy to search.
    - If you do a trade offer, you should have the option to remote your offer and not wait until the auction ends if the owner never rejects your offer.
    - The search option should include height and weight. If I want to see all goalies over 6'3 or all RWs over 200LBS... I don't want to click on every different card to see this info.

Hopefully these would be easy to implement and save us a TON of time. This game is fun but so time consuming when you search to build your team.
    Very good ideas, @martmet .
  • Here are all the ideas/wishes that I have for next year Auction House. If you have any other feel free to comment them down below.

#1 - It would be cool to see how much a card goes for while in the pack opening screen. It could be just the current lowest buy now on the AH or a compare button. Just something so we could auction the cards right away without having to send them to the collections to check the price.

#2 - There should be higher minimum coins increments when you want to bid over somebody else on higher value items. Here’s an exemple of what I mean:

Item Value | Minimum Increment

[0-10K] — 50 Coins
    [10K-100K] — 250-500 Coins
    [100K-500K] — 500-1K Coins
    [500K-1M] — 1K Coins
    [1M+] — 2.5K Coins

#3 - Let us have more than 25 items for sells at the same time. It doesn’t have to be unlimited, just higher than that, maybe 50-100.

#4 - It would be cool if we were able to put duplicate of a card or just multiple items for a same price quicker. Kind of in a batch, you could select all the items, then press auction item in the menu and then, enter the values. Once you’re done, all the items goes to AH for sell individually at the same prices. It would speed up the processus instead of entering all the values for every item.

#5 - It could be part of the previous idea. It would make it interesting if we could sell multiple items as a package. It would make trades more realistic and fun. If we could make trade offer with coins too, it would be cool. (Items + X coins) I think it was in the game before...

#6 - Doesn’t have anything to do with the AH, but why don’t you just remove the Points system and just use Coins instead. It would kill all the coins selling site and reduce significantly if not totally kill the card selling websites. You don’t even have to give more coins for the same dollars, just make it more transparent. You pay X amount of dollars, you get X amount of Coins. People would still opens pack, to gamble and maybe pull something big and get richer. I think that the main issue that some people have with the Points system is that you put real money and you don’t even know what you will get for it exactly.

Honestly you have some good points but I'm still not a fan of the auction house. The trade offer is sad. You can't add coins, so most offers wont be taken because players want more than what a player is really worth. I really dont like EA having a hand in everything but I think they should manage the prices of the cards. Its sad that players are so greedy that theyre asking for values that are not sensible. At least if EA manages the AH prices, you'd know that every auction is a valid auction. Im tired of seeing 80 rated cards being auctioned for 800k. They did it in Fifa and I think they should try it in NHL