EA Forums - Banner

Please stop superman AI

Prev1
Please EA stop to Boost AI in low average team. I played against a 81 team with a 96 team and almost lost even if he play really bad because the boost his AI got.

Replies

  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    JonnyBo33 wrote: »
    Please EA stop to Boost AI in low average team. I played against a 81 team with a 96 team and almost lost even if he play really bad because the boost his AI got.

    What mode were you playing? There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances. I'm talking about an all AI team like in Squad Battles and not going head to head with someone.
  • Playing HUT and all team I play against every time a got a chance for a shot his AI hold my player sonhe can’t shoot, his player are always on my player poking and lifting stick and I know you think AI dont lift stick but îm sure they do because Inplay a guy who stop play and even if he dont play his team always come and take the puck. I’m a good player and by the time I get a 90 overall team this start to be very hard to win even against very bad player. So please dont tell me therés no AI boost.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances.

    How exactly?

  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    bryta47 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances.

    How exactly?

    They will take more chances and play really aggressive. They are focused on offense over defense.
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances.

    How exactly?

    They get a boost what else would you call it
  • The thing that annoys me is how my player can have a 2-3 stride lead going after the puck which is dead ahead...and the AI can suddenly speed burst to the puck before me. Makes no sense.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Steven5470 wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me is how my player can have a 2-3 stride lead going after the puck which is dead ahead...and the AI can suddenly speed burst to the puck before me. Makes no sense.

    Lol I've said this many times but I was basically told it was in my head ,and even if you send in a clip they'll find away to blame the player ,the AI shouldn't be faster than the controlled player
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances.

    How exactly?

    They will take more chances and play really aggressive. They are focused on offense over defense.

    Yeah, but how? It can't be a strategy thing, bc it happens offline with CPU strategy adjust slider at 0/6.

    Please be more detailed if you are in the know about this.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    Steven5470 wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me is how my player can have a 2-3 stride lead going after the puck which is dead ahead...and the AI can suddenly speed burst to the puck before me. Makes no sense.

    Lol I've said this many times but I was basically told it was in my head ,and even if you send in a clip they'll find away to blame the player ,the AI shouldn't be faster than the controlled player

    We don't find a way to put unnecessary blame on someone. Videos show why it happens. In most cases the carrier slows down because they turn. They also have a penalty to speed when they aren't hustling. I have seen many videos as well where defense has a better angle causing them to catch up. You have to also consider fatigue and there are times I've seen forwards pick up the puck from being flatfooted or moving slower than a defender that's already got higher momentum behind them.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    bryta47 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances.

    How exactly?

    They will take more chances and play really aggressive. They are focused on offense over defense.

    Yeah, but how? It can't be a strategy thing, bc it happens offline with CPU strategy adjust slider at 0/6.

    Please be more detailed if you are in the know about this.

    This is something NHLDev would need to go into greater detail on. In my experience, they make quicker passes and attack the puck more. I have to play a much more defensive game and be extra careful about turnovers. They can be pretty deadly in those last few minutes. Especially if they have an extra attacker. They aren't getting an artificial boost though. You also have to consider what difficulty level you're playing on. Playing on Superstar is going to be noticeably different than Pro, for example.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    So... hardcoded momentum swings after all?
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    bryta47 wrote: »
    So... hardcoded momentum swings after all?

    No. There is no momentum other than the rate at which players are moving.
  • GramerProfesur
    558 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    JonnyBo33 wrote: »
    Please EA stop to Boost AI in low average team. I played against a 81 team with a 96 team and almost lost even if he play really bad because the boost his AI got.

    What mode were you playing? There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances. I'm talking about an all AI team like in Squad Battles and not going head to head with someone.

    I’m sorry but this is a flat out lie or misinformation. There is certainly a boost when their is a wide gap in overalls. I played HUT for the first time in years and got my team up to an 87 OVR within a day and a half. Since I’m still low ranked I have been playing against sub 80s and their AI is ridiculous. Goalie stops everything, suddenly all my passes break up and my defense stops out of nowhere. When I somehow match up against a team that is similarly modeled or have better players than me the game is much more enjoyable and I don’t feel like I’m getting cheated. I had a 79 OVR Jack Johnson walking through my team multiple times in a game. That defense consisting of Karlsson, Josi, Rielly, Barrie, Suter, Subban. I know what I’m doing and I’m a pretty damn good player.

    It’s been beaten to death. It’s been coded in EA games for decades. It’s the only explanation when this keeps happening over and over and over again. It’s why people keep buying packs in HUT.. they lose and they don’t think their team is good enough. The better you get, the worse your team will play against lower level competition. Stop saying it doesn’t exist.

  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1525 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    JonnyBo33 wrote: »
    Please EA stop to Boost AI in low average team. I played against a 81 team with a 96 team and almost lost even if he play really bad because the boost his AI got.

    What mode were you playing? There is no AI boost, but they will fight harder when down and take more chances. I'm talking about an all AI team like in Squad Battles and not going head to head with someone.

    I’m sorry but this is a flat out lie or misinformation. There is certainly a boost when their is a wide gap in overalls. I played HUT for the first time in years and got my team up to an 87 OVR within a day and a half. Since I’m still low ranked I have been playing against sub 80s and their AI is ridiculous. Goalie stops everything, suddenly all my passes break up and my defense stops out of nowhere. When I somehow match up against a team that is similarly modeled or have better players than me the game is much more enjoyable and I don’t feel like I’m getting cheated. I had a 79 OVR Jack Johnson walking through my team multiple times in a game. That defense consisting of Karlsson, Josi, Rielly, Barrie, Suter, Subban. I know what I’m doing and I’m a pretty damn good player.

    It’s been beaten to death. It’s been coded in EA games for decades. It’s the only explanation when this keeps happening over and over and over again. It’s why people keep buying packs in HUT.. they lose and they don’t think their team is good enough. The better you get, the worse your team will play against lower level competition. Stop saying it doesn’t exist.

    Not true. My main account is 91ovr and I still smash under 80ovr teams. The only teams that give me trouble are 96+ with defensive leaning strategies and off/def pressure. Even then, I change my strategies around if things aren't working and I'll still end up smashing them usually.

    My alt account is an 87 ovr and don't have issues with them either, but I do need to play a bit more solid defense.

    Confirmation bias on your end. Maybe mixed with a healthy dose of dunning Krueger for fun.

    It's poor matchmaking, less than great servers, and the fact most isp infrastructure is saturated by so many people working from home and self isolating/quarantine.

    Your tinfoil hat deserves a breaks, sir.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    So... hardcoded momentum swings after all?

    No. There is no momentum other than the rate at which players are moving.

    Isn’t that one of the most important things in the game though? The rate at which your AI is moving... Is this in online gameplay as well?
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    So... hardcoded momentum swings after all?

    No. There is no momentum other than the rate at which players are moving.

    Isn’t that one of the most important things in the game though? The rate at which your AI is moving... Is this in online gameplay as well?

    When people talk about momentum they normally are bringing up the mechanic in the previous generation where a team received a boost for big hits, winning fights and scoring goals while the other side had the opposite. When you were intimidated and your stats were reduced. That does not exist. Read into it what you will, but one side is not getting an artificial and unfair advantage over the other.
  • BodyBags0000
    288 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    So... hardcoded momentum swings after all?

    No. There is no momentum other than the rate at which players are moving.

    Isn’t that one of the most important things in the game though? The rate at which your AI is moving... Is this in online gameplay as well?

    When people talk about momentum they normally are bringing up the mechanic in the previous generation where a team received a boost for big hits, winning fights and scoring goals while the other side had the opposite. When you were intimidated and your stats were reduced. That does not exist. Read into it what you will, but one side is not getting an artificial and unfair advantage over the other.

    Well I’ve never been a part of the ice tilt/momentum crowd but tbh that kinda sounds like a rubber band mechanic. I’m just curious how this practically effects the gameplay. Is it like a speed boost or does the AI search for passing lanes more actively and just move more, more often etc?
    Post edited by BodyBags0000 on
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    So... hardcoded momentum swings after all?

    No. There is no momentum other than the rate at which players are moving.

    Isn’t that one of the most important things in the game though? The rate at which your AI is moving... Is this in online gameplay as well?

    When people talk about momentum they normally are bringing up the mechanic in the previous generation where a team received a boost for big hits, winning fights and scoring goals while the other side had the opposite. When you were intimidated and your stats were reduced. That does not exist. Read into it what you will, but one side is not getting an artificial and unfair advantage over the other.

    Well I’ve never been a part of the ice tilt/momentum crowd but tbh that kinda sounds like a rubber band mechanic. I’m just curious how this practically effects the gameplay. Is it like a speed boost or does the AI search for passing lanes more actively and just move more, more often etc?

    It wasn't a rubber band mechanic. If you were on the team that was in the lead, laying big hits and winning fights, you intimidated the other team. They were more likely to miss shots, make bad passes, not receive passes as well, etc. Your stats were reduced basically. I'm sure NHLDev can provide more details on that, but it's kind of a moot point since it's absolutely not in the game now.
  • For the love of god please stop making the ai replacements in drop in so incredibly overpowered.
  • For the love of god please stop making the ai replacements in drop in so incredibly overpowered.

    This is exactly what I was talking about, but @EA_Aljo and company are not playing Drop-in game, so they don't care. This is the reason why I stopped playing drop-in.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.