EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Soundtrack

I don't see this listed on the soundtrack credits, so, I'm probably wrong, but I could swear I heard No Rome playing in the arena. Playing in game, I don't remember, but I think it was during periods.

Replies

• NHL20 has, by far, the worst soundtrack of any game I've ever played. Whoever is choosing the song list for NHL games......you're doing it wrong. And it gets worse every year. At least a few years ago the songs were tolerable, with an occasional good song mixed in. Now.....just awful. My brain just goes boom boom boom.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member
    Custom music would be the solution...
  • EA_Aljo
    2387 posts EA Community Manager
    MaxPac67 wrote: »

I'd love for custom music to return, but I still got kind of burned out on it. I'd put together a playlist of a couple dozen songs, but with how much I play, they'd get really repetitive. I'd make a new playlist halfway through the year and the same thing would happen. Now, I just stream music off a PC through my headset with a Bluetooth connection.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

I'd love for custom music to return, but I still got kind of burned out on it. I'd put together a playlist of a couple dozen songs, but with how much I play, they'd get really repetitive. I'd make a new playlist halfway through the year and the same thing would happen. Now, I just stream music off a PC through my headset with a Bluetooth connection.

You could make a playlist with thousands of songs... And more important, you could use your own music for goal songs, during breaks, intros etc.

• EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

You could make a playlist with thousands of songs... And more important, you could use your own music for goal songs, during breaks, intros etc.

Yep. I know a lot of people really liked making arenas more authentic with adding songs used in real-world games as well as horns. It would be great to have that option back since we can't use unlicensed music in the game.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member

Yep. I know a lot of people really liked making arenas more authentic with adding songs used in real-world games as well as horns. It would be great to have that option back since we can't use unlicensed music in the game.

It's a request ever since it was taken out. Come on, dude, make yourself heard ;) The devs should listen to you, don't they?
  • EA_Aljo

It's a request ever since it was taken out. Come on, dude, make yourself heard ;) The devs should listen to you, don't they?

I can assure you they know this is a popular request. I believe with the new consoles it wasn't so easy due to not being able to copy music to the hard drive. It would be great to see an integration with a service like Spotify. In the end though, they have to try to work on the things that are going to make the biggest impact. Integrating custom music might not be as much of a priority as other presentation aspects.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

I can assure you they know this is a popular request. I believe with the new consoles it wasn't so easy due to not being able to copy music to the hard drive. It would be great to see an integration with a service like Spotify. In the end though, they have to try to work on the things that are going to make the biggest impact. Integrating custom music might not be as much of a priority as other presentation aspects.

Yes, we absolutely should have prioritized Snoop Dogg's commentary above custom music. No question about that from anyone.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member

Even in the PS3/Xbox360 era you were able to stream playlists from your computer, this sounds like a lazy excuse. Just look at what MLB the show did. I made a thread about this whole custom music thing:

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/238108/dear-devs-will-custom-music-finally-make-a-return-in-nhl-21/p1