EA Forums - Banner

No goalies name in the play by play commentary ?

No goalies name in the play by play commentary ?
I notice this, in a video, from a day 0 (soon to be release version).
They call them goaltender, or goalies....and this feel wrong, much less immersive.
I can't post link, but, on youtube search...
WE PLAYED THE RELEASE VERSION OF NHL 20! (Virta vs KenuFHR)

Replies

• I noticed that too, it sounds terrible.
  • They surely can add this "feature" in a patch, but it's worrying, since this is the release build.
    I hope they will correct this.
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    @clappy_NHL A couple minor observations....not important but inexcusable. Obviously we all know it’s absurd not having a roster share but it’s also pathetic that we still have the same limited play by play names list that dates back 2 consoles, Awful that we still have black silhouettes for faces in overlays. And lame that most teams still have the same boring and unimaginative goalie masks they have had since NHL 10. It’s not paramount to game play but it shows you no interest to work for.
  • Commentary would be 1000x better with it and it’s super simple. Right now it’s “and the goaltender stops it!” or “what a save!” where it should be “denied by Lundqvist!” or “what a save by Ben Bishop!”

• JCAL_2011
    4 posts New member
    Has this issue been fixed to anyone’s knowledge?
  • It’s fixed
  • JCAL_2011
    4 posts New member
    I just bought the game and the broadcast team just says great save by the goal keeper or the goalie. Is there something specific I need to download to get them to say goalies names? Thanks
  • JCAL_2011 wrote: »
    I just bought the game and the broadcast team just says great save by the goal keeper or the goalie. Is there something specific I need to download to get them to say goalies names? Thanks

Have you installed the latest patch or playing off the disc without an update.
  • JCAL_2011
    4 posts New member
    I bought the digital copy from the store so I believe everything was done automatically when it downloaded. Unless there’s somewhere else in the game I need to download manually. I’ve played about 10 games now, and I’ve heard them say a goalie name once. “Easy stick save by Price” and that was it. The rest of the time it’s either “goaltender”, “goalie” or “tender”. Is that a normal ratio? Thanks
  • EA_Blueberry
    4436 posts EA Community Manager
    @JCAL_2011

If you jump into an online game mode against another player it's going to force you download the latest update if you don't have it yet. If you don't get any prompt, it means you already have it.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member
    @JCAL_2011

If you jump into an online game mode against another player it's going to force you download the latest update if you don't have it yet. If you don't get any prompt, it means you already have it.

Is there a new roster update? (Sorry, I'm working, and can't check myself) And does it have anything to do with commentators not saying goalies names?
  • EA_Blueberry
  • JCAL_2011
    4 posts New member
    [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2125685"]@JCAL_2011

If you jump into an online game mode against another player it's going to force you download the latest update if you don't have it yet. If you don't get any prompt, it means you already have it.[/quote]

I have the most recent update but it hasn’t made any difference. I’ve played 30 games and they’ve said a goalies name twice. I’m just wondering if there was significant difference after the update in the frequency they say goalies names that you have noticed?

Thanks
  • EA_Blueberry
    JCAL_2011 wrote: »
    @JCAL_2011

I have the most recent update but it hasn’t made any difference. I’ve played 30 games and they’ve said a goalies name twice. I’m just wondering if there was significant difference after the update in the frequency they say goalies names that you have noticed?

Thanks

Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary myself, although most of my time is spent in CHEL and online H2H.