EA Forums - Banner

Blocking OP from playing again

Replies

• It certainly doesnt help grow the game of hockey that the NHL has been trying so hard to do over the last 10 years. EA should take NHL off of the game, because it certainly doesnt represent the NHL other than the players. Just call it EA Hockey...or Blades of Steel. Essentially that's what it is. But unfortunately, I love the game of hockey too much, and since it's the only hockey game available, I have no choice if I wanna play Hockey game.
  • @smyth9779

I think if the actual owners of the hockey franchises actually knew what a slap in the face this game is to actual hockey, I think they would lean on old el commish to distance them from ea, or to get a better representation of hockey out on the market.

I am like you it is the only game out there...but....I really do try not to bash, and I will call foul on something foul.
  • @nhl20fonzanoon I hear ya man. I know I should bash the game. I really say stupid things sometimes and it's just a game. It's just frustrating playing HOCKEY the way it's supposed to be played and you get ridiculed for it by people who aren't playing hockey. It makes no sense. I've been playing this game since 94. My birthday is the 7th of september and the game comes out every year around my birthday so I buy it as a birthday present to myself because I deserve it quite frankly. Lol. But lately my hard earned money is getting harder to spend on this game. Just wanna have fun like everyone else. Not asking alot.
  • Here's an interesting question for one of the mods on here who seem to think their game is perfect the way it is. Compared to other years, what's the percentage of games not completed on HUT? Because this year I've seen and I too have quit multiple games due to these kinds of players. I play the game for fun so when you get one of these players, it's not worth my time to play them, I'll take the loss, after all it's just a video game.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    HUT is hyper-competitive. It brings out the win at all costs mentality just like any other incredibly competitive game. If you are regularly facing those players, you're good enough to hang with them so you too would need to know those moves as well as how to defend them. If you're just coming up against them in qualifying matches for HUT Champs or GWC, that's different than when you play opponents that match your rank and skill level. Once those matches are done, you're likely playing others that you'll compete better with.

Wow, just wow!

First off, people rag and abuse game mechanics in Rivals and regular Online Seasons too.

Second, are you really saying that HUT should not be fun, only hyper-competitive, win-at-all cost, no fun allowed? That it's not meant for playing hockey, just for abusing the game mechanics by any means?

I guess I shouldn't buy this game anymore if EA doesn't consider it a hockey sim anymore and doesn't care that most of its players aren't enjoying it anymore because of the actions of a small part of the player base.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying what the nature of it is. Just like with 6s competitive play at high levels. It's pretty cutthroat which is why there are often additional rules you need to play by. Humans being competitive isn't really something we can do a lot about. There are even those that exhibit this attitude in Online Versus, Threes Eliminator, Ones, etc, but it's most apparent in HUT.

I'm understand that. What we're asking for is a way to deal with raggers and those that abuse game mechanics exploits. There's a number of ways EA could deal with them. You could allow us to block these people (at least in Rivals and Online Seasons, if not for any mode). You could implement a ban system as I suggested before. You could fix game mechanics exploits in a timely manner so they can't be abused anymore. You could (and I'm not saying this is a good idea) make Champs and GWC "anything goes" while having Rivals and Online Seasons "hockey only" and strictly enforce that. You could improve matchmaking so we're not playing so many games against players far above or far below our individual skill levels. There's probably other things you could do that I can't think of right now.

You mentioned skill in your response to someone else, so let me boil things down a bit:
    In your opinion, should this game be about hockey skill, or skill at using/abusing game mechanics?

Matchmaking already tries to match you with someone at your level. If you let the search run for more than 20 seconds, it's going to expand and include others outside your rank.

I think the game should be more about hockey skill. However, being a video game, it's never going to be exploit-free. That's the nature of highly competitive games. People are always going to try to gain whatever advantage they can. When you get 2 guys playing each other that both play that same style of game, I don't see a problem with it. No, it's not how I want to play, but if those playing each other want to, that's up to them. The majority of the time, you're only going to face those players if you're good enough to be playing them. That or you're around D4/D3 and letting the search run for a long time, which will expand to include higher and lower divisions.

So, if you are good enough to play with them, you should know how to counter that style of play. You made it that high to begin with so you're doing what you need to get there. I'd much rather see a more realistic style of play, but at the same time, removing things that make the game more realistic and fun, but can potentially be abused, isn't always the answer. The dev team has made changes to backskating and I know they're keeping a close watch on this. More changes are certainly possible. As far as cheese shots go, I don't have a problem with those as they can all be defended. If someone wants to shoot short side all game long, that's up to them. I'll stop almost all those shots. If they want to circle in the corner, that's fine too since most of those I can stop as well. Is it fun? Not as fun as if they played a more realistic game, but I still have fun or I wouldn't play.

Thats just it though. For the majority of us, being forced to play this way isnt fun...in any way. Sure i can beat the. But the game is repetitive and boring at the 10 min mark of the 1st. Just because i made my way up the ranks to where they are doesnt mean i shoukd be forced to play games like that. So now im stuck where almost everyone i play does this crap and its ruined the game for me....but thats ok right? As long as the top guys who promote your game can play how they want right?

The majority of people aren't playing at an elite level. That would be the top few percent of players. If you're at that level, and the game isn't fun, you would have had to have put a very high amount of time into playing so I'm not sure why you would work so hard to be one of those players if the game isn't fun.

Again, the dev team listens to the community as a whole. Not just a handful of guys that continue to be elite players over the years as the game changes.

The game WAS fun in lower divisions but since you guys refuse to put the hockey in nhl games and allow clear cheese plays (one man shows, figure skaters, corner circlersb puck raggers etc), the higher ypu rank, the more people abuse the mechanics of the game that could be taken out but then those same top players would complain. Its not fun once you get to a certain division and play only people that play cheap because you guys either dont want to, or cant figure out how to make playing a team hockey game more rewarding than abusing the programming. This has been going on for too long.

You're right, i put a lot of time in, and it was fun....but now, everyone plays like tools and you guys not only allow, but encourage it. Looks like youre right, i should just stop buying your games until they either resemble hockey again, or someone else makes one. Thanks for helping me save some money and frustration next year. Im officially done after like 27 years of playing nhl games. Good job guys, youve managed to make me hate a figure skat.....err...hockey game. Good luck sustaining business when your game tries to cater to so many types of scum players that it has lost all direction and become a sloppy uncoordinated mess. I seriously mean that...good luck cus the way ive seen it your playerbase is dropping like flies.

Cheers
  • EA_Aljo
    1921 posts EA Community Manager
    smyth9779 wrote: »
    So then why doesnt it work if you are standing there waiting to defend the pass across? That doesn't make any sense. Im anticipating three peas across and my defensemen doesnt react because I have manual control over him? I mean I know the pass is coming, i set up to defend it, and he just watches the puck go by..

Can you get me video of this? It's possible it's an issue with your player not having enough time to react. If I'm defending the cross-crease, I'm usually trying to poke it away instead of relying on my player to intercept it.
  • smyth9779
    176 posts Member
    edited April 7
    @EA_Aljo
    No I do not know how to do the video. It's happened numerous times and I'm pretty sure I've seen other posts on this happening to other people. It happened to me again last night. I had 2 guys in front and both my defenders literally watched the puck go by them and then it's in the back of the net. I'll try to figure out how to do video so I can upload it if it happens again. Or maybe someone else who sees this will do it.
    Thanks
  • EA_Aljo
    @EA_Aljo
    No I do not know how to do the video. It's happened numerous times and I'm pretty sure I've seen other posts on this happening to other people. It happened to me again last night. I had 2 guys in front and both my defenders literally watched the puck go by them and then it's in the back of the net. I'll try to figure out how to do video so I can upload it if it happens again. Or maybe someone else who sees this will do it.
    Thanks

There are instructions for recording video on both consoles online. Just search for game DVR and PS4 or Xbox One. Both consoles have built-in ways to publish your videos online as well.

Can you get me video of this? It's possible it's an issue with your player not having enough time to react. If I'm defending the cross-crease, I'm usually trying to poke it away instead of relying on my player to intercept it.

When I try to poke it away, it goes through my stick, every time. Does that happen to you?

Why can’t ea just add a defensive option to counter the figure skaters, instead of continuously telling the community it’s a skill gap problem?

This is why I buy the game at a discount and not at full price. I love hockey, been playing before nhlpa, but the way ea does it’s business is why I changed how I buy it. Two can play that game lol.

When I try to poke it away, it goes through my stick, every time. Does that happen to you?

Why can’t ea just add a defensive option to counter the figure skaters, instead of continuously telling the community it’s a skill gap problem?

This is why I buy the game at a discount and not at full price. I love hockey, been playing before nhlpa, but the way ea does it’s business is why I changed how I buy it. Two can play that game lol.

Don't you love how they tell you that abusing the poor mechanics of this game is a skill gap
  • EA_Aljo

My pokes are connecting. Can you get me some video of your stick passing through the puck when you're poke checking?

What kind of defensive option would you suggest to counter players backskating?

My pokes are connecting. Can you get me some video of your stick passing through the puck when you're poke checking?

Ill get you some video of it, it even happens when I’m holding the poke check and my stick is in the passing lane.

How about an option to send forwards to actually forecheck. I’d rather have a pass get through then wasting my time chasing him in his own zone. Forechecking should stop that, but I don’t have a defensive option to do that anymore lol. Why? Unless I totally missed where that section is. Thanks for the response.

Don't you love how they tell you that abusing the poor mechanics of this game is a skill gap

Yup which proves to me that its not that they cant take this crap out...they leave it in so these little brats wont cry that theu cant win. What happened to winning because your hockey skill is better? Doesnt happen often in this game. If u play realistic amd score 3 or 4 goals per game, youll lose...even though you hold themto 6 shots youll lose because all 6 were cheese shots and 5 go in because the goalies are too stupid to anticipate the same exact shot from the samw exactspot on the ice.

Now ill be told i need to dwfend better but if he had only 6 shots all game...thats damn good def.....but them scoring 5 on 6 shots....is a huge proble. That ea has refused to address for years.
  • EA_Aljo

Ill get you some video of it, it even happens when I’m holding the poke check and my stick is in the passing lane.

How about an option to send forwards to actually forecheck. I’d rather have a pass get through then wasting my time chasing him in his own zone. Forechecking should stop that, but I don’t have a defensive option to do that anymore lol. Why? Unless I totally missed where that section is. Thanks for the response.

If you're talking about someone backskating into your zone, you can step up on them. If you set your defensive pressure to High Pressure, that can help. You can also set your forecheck to be aggressive. I'm not saying this is going to completely stop it from happening, but it will help your players to be in better position to make a play on backskating carriers.

If you're talking about someone backskating into your zone, you can step up on them. If you set your defensive pressure to High Pressure, that can help. You can also set your forecheck to be aggressive. I'm not saying this is going to completely stop it from happening, but it will help your players to be in better position to make a play on backskating carriers.

I’m telling you that it doesn’t work. I can change those settings and nothing changes. They stay behind there net the whole time, why won’t my guys actually forecheck then? Forechecking would stop it, but if I can’t control how many guys I want to forecheck, what else can I do? People are telling you that nothing is stopping them from figure skating, but here we are.

Why can’t you just add the ability to actually forecheck?

Please tell me another way, because that absolutely doesn’t work. I’m all ears to any actually way to counter it. Again, thank you for you’re response.
  • EA_Aljo

I’m telling you that it doesn’t work. I can change those settings and nothing changes. They stay behind there net the whole time, why won’t my guys actually forecheck then? Forechecking would stop it, but if I can’t control how many guys I want to forecheck, what else can I do? People are telling you that nothing is stopping them from figure skating, but here we are.

Please tell me another way, because that absolutely doesn’t work. I’m all ears to any actually way to counter it. Again, thank you for you’re response.

If they are staying behind their net, you'll need to manually control a player and pressure them. That should force them to move or pass the puck.

If they are staying behind their net, you'll need to manually control a player and pressure them. That should force them to move or pass the puck.

Sending one guy on a forecheck does absolutely nothing. He can still skate in circles. Why can’t I send two guys at him with me controlling one?

Let me get this right, sending one guy is forechecking to you? You’re so good at the game that you can forecheck with one guy. Please load up video of this so I can see just how you do it. You guys say to us all the time, please and thank you.

Sending one guy on a forecheck does absolutely nothing. He can still skate in circles. Why can’t I send two guys at him with me controlling one?

Let me get this right, sending one guy is forechecking to you? You’re so good at the game that you can forecheck with one guy. Please load up video of this so I can see just how you do it. You guys say to us all the time, please and thank you.

I gotta say, id be interested to see how this works too. The biggest reason people rag is because its easy to skate and pass with 5 guys to your 1 skater. Not one strategy will call for an additional skater to pressure the puck carrier, or step into his passing lanes at least.

I gotta say, id be interested to see how this works too. The biggest reason people rag is because its easy to skate and pass with 5 guys to your 1 skater. Not one strategy will call for an additional skater to pressure the puck carrier, or step into his passing lanes at least.

Did you notice I got no response and that speaks volumes. Skill gap nope, they allow it! People gotta change how they buy this game. I know I cannot go without hockey, but that doesn’t mean I gotta buy it at full price.

Did you notice I got no response and that speaks volumes. Skill gap nope, they allow it! People gotta change how they buy this game. I know I cannot go without hockey, but that doesn’t mean I gotta buy it at full price.

Buy used. I haven't given ea my money in about ten years. I'll support them again when they start to care about their players soo since its ea im buying used forever lol.