EA Forums - Banner

One handed Tuck!

Replies

• The one handed Tuck needs to go.
    Or you need to find away where the goalie can react to this move. Goalie just sits there and watches it roll by. Please either patch it or remove it.

And For the love of God . Do not add the lacrosse Goal in the next game. There is no need for it.

What about the Lacrosse style goal as an unlockable Deke move in Be a Pro when you reach a certain career milestone? Would that make more sense?

What game modes are you seeing a lot of the one handed tucks used too often in?

Related lacrosse goal video just because:

This type of response is the very problem to begin with.
  • Mc41DMB wrote: »
    The one handed Tuck needs to go.
    Or you need to find away where the goalie can react to this move. Goalie just sits there and watches it roll by. Please either patch it or remove it.

And For the love of God . Do not add the lacrosse Goal in the next game. There is no need for it.

What about the Lacrosse style goal as an unlockable Deke move in Be a Pro when you reach a certain career milestone? Would that make more sense?

What game modes are you seeing a lot of the one handed tucks used too often in?

Related lacrosse goal video just because:

This type of response is the very problem to begin with.

Yup....pretty obvious from this response from EA that this move is already coded into NHL21, and EA will tout it big time. Once again, EA completely out of touch.

• What game modes are you seeing a lot of the one handed tucks used too often in?

Really? This topic has been discussed so long and so deep around here. Its kind of stupid even in 6s EASHL but in general its a problem in EVERY mode that is played with an AI goalie. Because they are all basically programmed to have no recognition of what is happening. Its like when you initiate the tuck, the AI goalie just collapses to wherever the puck is like you shot it opening up the side where you are going to tuck it. Hence 100% "glitch" goal if you know what you are doing.

I personally refuse to ever use it. its the most abused, completely zero skill (once you learn how/where to use it), move in history of this game. I just can't bring myself to do it.
  • Davanial
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I'd agree this is more of a weak goalie AI issue than a glitchy move/cheesy deke issue. Neither move is particularly difficult to pull off in reality, though a player likely wouldn't try either whilst under pressure like the game allows.

Edit: of course, I already posted this. Derp.
  • Davanial wrote: »
    I'd agree this is more of a weak goalie AI issue than a glitchy move/cheesy deke issue. Neither move is particularly difficult to pull off in reality, though a player likely wouldn't try either whilst under pressure like the game allows.

I still think it's cheesy and glitchy just because the puck basically teleports to the other side of the body and off the stick so quickly.

Gives me a thought. A mechanic in the game that makes moves more difficult to pull off in high pressure scenarios would be nice but I sense it is too much to ask for.

I still think it's cheesy and glitchy just because the puck basically teleports to the other side of the body and off the stick so quickly.

i dont disagree but I feel its the combination of things. One of the biggest problems is, when the FH to BH tuck is initiated, the goalie bites on the FH way too hard basically coming out of the crease in an unrealistic fashion to stop it, leaving the net at least 50% wide open. Then the deke itself is really fast from FH to BH. The actual shot is super slow. But the goalie is now drastically out of position to stop it and seems to get stuck with no ability to react until its too late.

i dont disagree but I feel its the combination of things. One of the biggest problems is, when the FH to BH tuck is initiated, the goalie bites on the FH way too hard basically coming out of the crease in an unrealistic fashion to stop it, leaving the net at least 50% wide open. Then the deke itself is really fast from FH to BH. The actual shot is super slow. But the goalie is now drastically out of position to stop it and seems to get stuck with no ability to react until its too late.

100% agree with bh fh bh I've been saying this move is way op and it can be done from almost impossible angles and the goalie still bites for this move.
  • The sheer fact devs are asking what modes this is getting abused shows just how out of touch they are with their own game.
  • CoachBewk wrote: »
    The sheer fact devs are asking what modes this is getting abused shows just how out of touch they are with their own game.

It's comical ,but hey send in those clips
  • Socair
    2630 posts Game Changer
    CoachBewk wrote: »
    The sheer fact devs are asking what modes this is getting abused shows just how out of touch they are with their own game.

Blueberry isn’t a dev, but is a community manager for many titles. Part of his job is to gather feedback and make inquiries. I don’t think asking players questions over things you may not have knowledge about is a bad thing.

You can click on any of the EA staffs’ names and go to their profile to see their title if you’re on mobile (assuming maybe that’s why you’re using the dev title, because devs have a red header and it says developer on desktop).
  • Socair wrote: »

Blueberry isn’t a dev, but is a community manager for many titles. Part of his job is to gather feedback and make inquiries. I don’t think asking players questions over things you may not have knowledge about is a bad thing.

You can click on any of the EA staffs’ names and go to their profile to see their title if you’re on mobile (assuming maybe that’s why you’re using the dev title, because devs have a red header and it says developer on desktop).

Everybody who has played the game already knows the answer to that question, so whether it be a community manager or a developer or anyone associated with EA asking this after all the feedback presented is just insulting to all of us.
  • EA_Aljo
    2350 posts EA Community Manager
    Mc41DMB wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

Everybody who has played the game already knows the answer to that question, so whether it be a community manager or a developer or anyone associated with EA asking this after all the feedback presented is just insulting to all of us.

We're asking for your feedback. We don't always get that. Many times it's just a blanket statement saying they don't like the game. That doesn't do anything to get us the feedback we need so we'll keep asking for more details. Also, not everyone experiences the same things. We don't all play exactly the same way. So, getting your personal input can go a long way. It might be frustrating that we ask for these things, but it's all done with the hopes that your thoughts are going to help make the changes you're seeking. There have been a huge amount of changes over the years based on community feedback and the videos we ask for here.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4135 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Do you all ever switch to your goalie to try and stop the one handed tucks? I'd say it was pretty risky to do in the 1st period, but maybe worth it if you noticed a player'd tendencies of doing it throughout the game. I timestamped it below right before it happened.

• Do you all ever switch to your goalie to try and stop the one handed tucks? I'd say it was pretty risky to do in the 1st period, but maybe worth it if you noticed a player'd tendencies of doing it throughout the game. I timestamped it below right before it happened.

Are you intentionally trying to pose silly questions in this thread now?

As if your last one didn't get half the people here riled up enough, you doubled down haha.

Legendary. Wouldn't advise, but legendary haha
  • As far as I know you can't switch positions in EASHL anyways. Some teams merely do a quick pull and cancel when people are on breakaways.
  • Do you all ever switch to your goalie to try and stop the one handed tucks? I'd say it was pretty risky to do in the 1st period, but maybe worth it if you noticed a player'd tendencies of doing it throughout the game. I timestamped it below right before it happened.

Are you kidding me. I can't switch to my goalie in EASHL. You basically made a video Blaming the people who buy your game to take the heat off the developers. Sure there are players who try and do it all themselves. But there are players who actually know the game. My issues with the game are mostly with the Ai The stupid stuff that is being added and now the one handed Tuck.
  • Fh bh fh goals were a thing in NHL 13 and 14. It's funny because even then the mods and EA defenders responses were "play better defense" or "switch to your goalie". It's comical that the names of the threads in this forum are almost identical to those from NHL13.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Milanpop87 wrote: »
    Fh bh fh goals were a thing in NHL 13 and 14. It's funny because even then the mods and EA defenders responses were "play better defense" or "switch to your goalie". It's comical that the names of the threads in this forum are almost identical to those from NHL13.

I don't really find it comical. It makes sense. Players deke out goalies in all forms of hockey, our videogame is no different. Some players are better at deking out goalies than others. Nobody likes to get scored on. In a videogame, there is the added side of calling something a glitch, even if it is working as designed if someone can do something a lot. But when the video I will post below went up of Alex Burrows, it wasn't called a glitch, they just didn't understand how goalies didn't know or if they did, how he could keep scoring it.

That is what brings the videogame conversation back to: Stop giving up breakaways and If you want, you can take control of your goalie and have full control.

In the competitive space, usually people don't like it if the ai is the deciding factor or if randomness plays a big part. So if a move is completed well, you probably can score unless the other team does something to prevent you.

And when it comes to the goalie, they are better to defend the easier goal, which would be to just move the puck to the forehand and shoot so they aren't as ready for you to go back the other way. Force the player to have to make the more elaborate move and take away the easier chance.

• I can only speak about HUT, I dont think there is a problem with the tuck or backhand-forehand, that's how you score. The problem is beating a goalie on the same move over and over and over again. If I give up multiple breakaways, that's all my fault, but my goalie shouldn't be beat on the same move over and over. Goalies are supposed to adapt and learn, they don't. Some shots will go in 10 out of 10 times, because goalies are stupid.