EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Creation Zone Jersey/Sock Template Requests/Wishlist

untouchable_BF1
705 posts Member
edited April 15
Hey everyone,

I really like making uniforms and I’ve probably made that very clear on these forums. I’m going to post two images here that would unlock a few jersey styles that I’d love to use in the creation suite, but I just can’t use due to the fact that there’s no matching sock style.

The first one is the blackhawks home socks. Now, the template is already in the game (the 3-stripe, which really should be a 5-stripe, design that matches their away socks) but currently there is only color zones for the base and the three stripes you’d see on the away socks. My simple ask is to make this template have 4 color zones instead of 3. If you use the Edmonton Oilers 3-stripe plus outlined shoulders jersey template, you’ll notice that that the jersey properly breaks these five stripes into three color zones (as opposed to two on the socks) so it’d be nice if the socks were zoned the same way so that we can match/unlock a new way to color that template. The green lines are indicating the stripes we currently CANT edit on the sock template (the two black stripes in this picture. Those are tied-in the base color zone, so my ask if for these two stripes to have their own dedicated zone just like the matching jersey template has.)

izt2hrl7g7kx.jpeg

The second picture I’m posting is of Buffalo’s winter classic uniform. The template is in the game but again, we don’t have matching socks. Please add the matching socks to this uniform so the jersey is usable. Right now, if you have jersey OCD like me, there’s really only one way to use it in-order to have one sock design that even remotely works with it.

51mwnovehztl.jpeg

I will continue adding ideas to this thread and encourage others to do so as well! Please keep this focused around templates as CaT requests can get really out there as there’s endless possibilities.

Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• untouchable_BF1
    705 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Just to follow-up on my previous post. The same “template” the blackhawks use for their away jerseys, is able to be colored like the North Dakota ones below. What I’m asking for is to make the sock striping patterns have the same color zones options to match the “Fighting Hawk” jerseys below.

f2ql14bde4ir.jpeg

@NHLDev @EA_Aljo if you guys could pas these small change to the art department, you’d be life savers for us jersey OCD people🥳
  • Good luck. I made a thread about it earlier this year too. Lacking matching socks makes many Jersey templates useless in my opinion.

There could be many unique uniforms if customization wasn’t so limited. I’ve had ideas myself but couldn’t match many.
  • untouchable_BF1
    705 posts Member
    edited April 28
    You know, it still impresses me that they’ve added stuff to CaT two years in a row which is why I’m not giving up hope on the sock templates, but believe me I’m not holding my breath lol. Especially since many of the adidas templates don’t look great without their matching sock counterparts. I’ve done my best to workaround that, or just ignore it (really hard for me) but I need unique feeling teams haha!

Here are links to all jerseys from my league:

https://imgur.com/a/s7a55ef
    https://imgur.com/a/8mM9gn9
    https://imgur.com/a/7tNVau1
    https://imgur.com/a/K9VDLKV
  • EA_Blueberry
    2854 posts EA Community Manager
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Good luck. I made a thread about it earlier this year too. Lacking matching socks makes many Jersey templates useless in my opinion.

There could be many unique uniforms if customization wasn’t so limited. I’ve had ideas myself but couldn’t match many.

@EpiCxOwNeD

Would you mind linking it in here for me please? We pass these along as much as possible. Customization is always important, however the team will get a lot of requests and have other designs slated on their schedule so they try to fit new requests in as much as possible. If a request can't make it into the game the same year, feedback is always considered for future iterations.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Good luck. I made a thread about it earlier this year too. Lacking matching socks makes many Jersey templates useless in my opinion.

@EpiCxOwNeD

Would you mind linking it in here for me please? We pass these along as much as possible. Customization is always important, however the team will get a lot of requests and have other designs slated on their schedule so they try to fit new requests in as much as possible. If a request can't make it into the game the same year, feedback is always considered for future iterations.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/249936/adding-new-jersey-templates-without-matching-socks-is-useless#latest

Here ya go.

Like OP, I showed a screenshot of the blackhawks sock template not being in the game currently for use for custom teams.
  • As somewhat of a cross post

i29b3gjbz664.png

That Tampa bay alternate Jersey template is available for use but no sock template to match
  • Lol wow! You literally made the same post! That’s crazy! I totally agree with you man, why go through the effort of putting the jerseys in if you’re not going to add-in matching sock templates!?

Drives OCD me bonkers!
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    629 posts Member
    3xvfb4dalilo.jpeg
    yi45ty753ffk.jpeg

Add these helmet options to use these in clubs and create a teams.

Also, when using the flyers, penguins and avalanche, those helmet decals are not represented in the game. It’s just regular decals of the logo the team uses.
  • They need to bring Coyotes kachina logo the old Tampa logo Mighty ducks logo and a few others to customization. Add the fleur-de-lis jersey template as well .
  • GramerProfesur
    531 posts Member
    edited May 5
    They need to bring Coyotes kachina logo the old Tampa logo Mighty ducks logo and a few others to customization. Add the fleur-de-lis jersey template as well .

From a customization standpoint we really need the Atlanta Thrashers logo and template. I understand the logo might be a licensing issue but at least the jersey templates so you could make a somewhat accurate replica. Same with retro logos of current NHL teams.. that should definitely be do-able yet it's not in the game (Capitals Capital, Isles Fisherman, Retro Penguins, Retro Tampa Bay, etc.). At the very least, allow us to use the logos that are already in the game on alternate jerseys but not in Creation Zone, which includes the Jets font, Capitals Screaming Weagle, Mighty Ducks, Blue Jackets alternate and many others.

Would also like to see the international jerseys offline to be updated with the WoC ones and create an away kit. They're miles better than the same international jerseys we've had for a decade (besides Canada and Germany)
  • mikeq67
    114 posts Member
    I really dont understand why there isnt a logo creator at this point. Obviously people would make obscene things, but just make a report feature as other games do. Also at this point, seeing that 90% of the people I play are racist derogatory names, what the hell is the point of censoring logos?

MLB the show has a logo creation zone, i never see anything bad online while playing though because you can get reported/banned.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    I really dont understand why there isnt a logo creator at this point. Obviously people would make obscene things, but just make a report feature as other games do. Also at this point, seeing that 90% of the people I play are racist derogatory names, what the hell is the point of censoring logos?

MLB the show has a logo creation zone, i never see anything bad online while playing though because you can get reported/banned.

Logo creation would certainly be welcomed. Right now, that seems like an incredible stretch so I’m shooting for more obtainable and realistic targets atm LOL.
  • if possible please add the following materials to NHL 20:
    - Carter Hart Ray Emery mask
    - Brian Elliott mask
    - LV Phantoms 3rd jersey (most teams of AHL have alternate jerseys)
  • CoachBewk
    26 posts Member
    Any chance we get the old Atlanta Thrashers jerseys/logo in the future?
  • Linking my Hartford Whalers jerseys to highlight another great uniform template that lacks a matching sock template. Look at my navy alternates to see the template I’m referring to.

Also, the green home highlights the same template issue I was talking about with the blackhawks/Fighting Sioux uniforms as well. I wasn’t able to match the Hartford home socks with the uniform!

https://imgur.com/a/N11tvAc