EA Forums - Banner

Servers

Prev1
RNM58820755
32 posts Member
edited May 7
Fix the damn servers. For a week+ a lot of games have been absolutely unplayable. No its not my internet. All my games and streaming devices run perfectly fine. Im connected directly to my PS4. On top of off all the other terrible issues with this game, now i cant even play without consistent lag. Sure some games are fine, but id say 3/5 at least are having issues. How about you look into this because i know im not the only one with this issue. Do something decent for once and fix this.
[Socair -edited title]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• Sega82mega
    1882 posts Member
    Im for once is having the best respons on the ice right now then ever before. All thou it always use to be better at the end of the NHL year. Maybe people start droppin off.

But yeah, the servers is what it is. This weekend I placed an order of some cat8 ethernet cable. Looking forward to see what that can do.

Portforward is not a dumb thing to do too!
  • EA_Blueberry
    3547 posts EA Community Manager
    @RNM58820755

There's a lot of players logging into games right now because of stay at home orders, so EA, Xbox, PlayStation, and ISPs are all working to improve servers across the board for this demand. 3/5 games seems abnormally high though. We'll pass along feedback like this to the team and they've recently added a server for Central Europe, but if you're up for any troubleshooting in the meantime we can try some things to see if they can help. @Sega82mega had some trouble earlier in the year and after some tinkering around it looked to have helped a bit. Let us know if you're interested. I've got some basic steps below that are a great starting point. Let me know if all of those have been attempted before we dive into anything deeper.

Connection Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
  • When are you guys going to get some servers up in Toronto, Ontario? How pathetic this game is when it comes to online with pings of 1000 ? The only closest server to us in Toronto is in Montreal... I know guys who ply in Montreal with pings of 8ms - 15 ms why can’t we get that over here in Toronto.....
  • xPDogg65x
    686 posts Member
    A quick search shows the NA east servers for nhl are in Virginia and Ohio, not Montreal. Sure a server on every block would be nice but ain’t gonna happen. I’m in the BC interior and the NA servers are in Oregon according to the same google search, I get pings in the high teens low 20’s.
  • Can you share that link with all the servers ? From what I know there are servers in Toronto
  • Socair
    2485 posts Game Changer
    @Toronto77777 I merged your topic on Toronto needing servers into here as it’s a bit redundant to make a new thread.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • [quote="Socair;c-2130888"]@Toronto77777 I merged your topic on Toronto needing servers into here as it’s a bit redundant to make a new thread.[/quote]
    Okay
  • [quote="Toronto77777;c-2130885"]Can you share that link with all the servers ? From what I know there are servers in Toronto[/quote]. I mean Montreal
  • @EA_Blueberry can u share the link with all your ea servers please .. and can you tell me if there are any servers in Toronto and Montreal
  • @EA_Blueberry
  • @EA_Roger
  • Does nhl 20 on the Xbox run better on ipv6 or ipv 4 when it comes down to eashl .. I know there was some issues with ipv6 before but do t know now .. some still say it still runs better on ipv4 ?
  • Past couple days every other game my ping spikes every 3 seconds
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    Does nhl 20 on the Xbox run better on ipv6 or ipv 4 when it comes down to eashl .. I know there was some issues with ipv6 before but do t know now .. some still say it still runs better on ipv4 ?

IPv4 is always recommended. Especially if you're playing a lot of Online Versus. If you're on a IPv6 and they are on IPv4, it's possible you won't connect.

@ANNONNAMMOUSSS
    Did the lag spikes just start occurring? If so, you may need to just power cycle. I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if what happens. Thanks!
  • I’m asking about eashl not online versus
  • lifesgoodbort
    1 posts New member
    edited May 11
    Seriously, this is a joke. Servers/gameplay changes every day online. Be careful ea, people including myself pay money to play nhl 20 hut, and depending on the tournaments, there’s money at stake. It’s absolutely not my internet, it’s 100% the server. I don’t want to hear it’s because of the pandemic, fix your broadband and make the game fun to play, the way the game is supposed to be played.
    [Socair - removed legal talk]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • EA_Aljo
    I’m asking about eashl not online versus

I understand. I was just giving context as to when IPv6 is most important. I'd still recommend you stick to IPv4. Regardless of which mode you're on.
  • EA, your game is simply unplayable. Its been over a MONTH. If you, ISPs, Microsoft, Sony are working to resolve, you're all very terrible at it. I play so many online games, and this is the ONLY ONE that has a problem like this. I am guessing the only things you all are doing to resolve this issue is to post on these forums...nothing more. Perhaps shed some light on what you're doing to resolve...what measures are you taking to improve things? As far as I can tell over the last month, its only gotten worse.
  • Nitro_Tech43
    10 posts New member
    [quote="Toronto77777;c-2130883"]When are you guys going to get some servers up in Toronto, Ontario? How pathetic this game is when it comes to online with pings of 1000 ? The only closest server to us in Toronto is in Montreal... I know guys who ply in Montreal with pings of 8ms - 15 ms why can’t we get that over here in Toronto.....[/quote]

Hut is not playable. I live downtown Toronto. They should just not sell to us . It's not reasonable to pay for cards in Hut if we can not use them. Is the company really that poor? Too poor to improve servers. I had same issues last before covid 19. Why do guys in Montreal always get speed advantage if they are matched to people in Toronto?
  • EA_Aljo
    When are you guys going to get some servers up in Toronto, Ontario? How pathetic this game is when it comes to online with pings of 1000 ? The only closest server to us in Toronto is in Montreal... I know guys who ply in Montreal with pings of 8ms - 15 ms why can’t we get that over here in Toronto.....

Hut is not playable. I live downtown Toronto. They should just not sell to us . It's not reasonable to pay for cards in Hut if we can not use them. Is the company really that poor? Too poor to improve servers. I had same issues last before covid 19. Why do guys in Montreal always get speed advantage if they are matched to people in Toronto?

Can you give me some details? What exactly is happening? We're not getting a lot of reports about lag at the moment. This thread was started when there was an issue occurring that has now been resolved and was only with EASHL. If you're still lagging a lot, we should go through some troubleshooting.

If you're on a wireless connection, switch to a wire as that will be a lot more stable. Also, if you haven't, cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up.

You can find some additional connection troubleshooting here. If that still doesn't help, run a UO Trace and get me a screenshot of the results.

I'm about to head out for the weekend, but will gladly pick this up again on Monday. You can always contact our support for help as well. That can be done by Tweeting @EAHelp through or open a case with a live support advisor here. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support.