EA Forums - Banner

Daily Pack Milestone 96 Gold Icon

Has anyone hit this yet?

I'm still 13 away but missed a couple weeks so I know I'm behind but curious how they presented the choices, or if they gave one. I'm guessing it will be a choice of 4 like the Silver Icons and hoping for a choice of all of them but prepared to have it selected for me.

I'm holding off on any more transactions for the next 2 weeks until I can close it out and see what shakes out.

Replies

• I'm bumbing this to see who closed this out.

How were the choices presented? Were there choices?
  • smokin666
    617 posts Member
    Yes it gives a choice of two cards.
    My choices were Matts Sundin and Sid Abel.
    I took Sundin.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Choice of 2.....bummer.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if this Reward was not upgraded when they reset the Silver Icon choice from 2 to 4?

I'm still going to hold out until I see what I get to pick from on Sunday before cashing anymore Collectables to make sure I don't duplicate them. I already skate the Gold Morenz and have the HH Cheli to upgrade but if I can get it from here I can save a few collectables for someone else. I've been building my lines the last couple weeks hoping for Shanny or Clarke but I'll find room for a free 96.
  • I just opened mine... My choices were Ted Linday or Bobby Clarke... The Clarke card looked to be the better card, but Lindsay had better synergies for my team. Lindsay will, for the time being, reside on my "Kid Line" with my 98 Necas and 93 Kakko, until I figure out what Gold upgrade I'm going for next...
  • FFDP1975
    44 posts Member
    Got Morenz and Smith as for choice, real far from Sundin or Shanahan as I wish, took Morenz as a 4th line winger.
  • smokin666
    617 posts Member
    FFDP1975 wrote: »
    Got Morenz and Smith as for choice, real far from Sundin or Shanahan as I wish, took Morenz as a 4th line winger.
    I actually like the way he plays, just too small for my lineup.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I was as disapointed as I could be for a freebie...

My choices were Morenz, whom I already skate, and Trottier. They are the exact same player so I'll roll Trots in sets.

I love the Morenz card. He's a hero of mine so I'll always looked to have him whenever EA puts him in the game. His daughter would marry Boom Boom Geoffrion and that lineage has produced some NHLers. I think they are still the only family with 4 generations of NHL players.
  • Got Sundin and Smith. Was hoping for Sundin, so got a bit lucky. Even on my "God squad" he can slot in if I want a change up. Have him playing in lieu of Gretzky for now.
  • FFDP1975
    44 posts Member
    There 5 new re-roll in Icons, Lindsay, Sawchuk, Plante, Smith and Parent with 1 Icon collectible to get a new choice pack of 4 Master Gold Icons, anybody heard of new one coming out, my choices was Morenz and Smith, I should had pick Smith to re-roll it, hope to get new one, Morenz is ok but too small, wish for Sundin or Shanahan, finger cross.
  • I don't think there are going to be any new Icon releases but I do appreciate those new reroll sets.

I doubt I roll any, after getting the Milestone 96 I went and bought Shanahan so I'm set there.

I'm tapped out and unless I score in some packs I need to wait for the 99 Playoff item for any new linemates.
  • I ended up re-rolling my Ted Lindsay... although I actually thought the card was really good... was hoping for either Sundin, or Kurri... and EA being EA my choices were:

Plante, Shanahan ... Sundin... Kurri...

Took me about 20 minutes, literally, to decide between Sundin and Kurri, but ultimately went with Sundin, because I'm noticing that the 99 Gretzky is not great at center, and wanted to move him over to the wing.
  • Trottier is playing well as a LW on a line with Lanny McDonald on the RW and Igor at C.

The only other 96 I like is Clarke. I'd like to put him in Trottier's spot but don't want to risk it in a reroll.

It was a pretty nice Milestone reward.
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member
    I ended up re-rolling my Ted Lindsay... although I actually thought the card was really good... was hoping for either Sundin, or Kurri... and EA being EA my choices were:

Plante, Shanahan ... Sundin... Kurri...

Took me about 20 minutes, literally, to decide between Sundin and Kurri, but ultimately went with Sundin, because I'm noticing that the 99 Gretzky is not great at center, and wanted to move him over to the wing.

Yeh, 99 Gretzky really is not a good C. Which is crazy to think about, but I can't win faceoffs with him, and he gets beaten up being so small.

I'm still a week or so away, but hoping for the option of Sundin or Kurri.