EA Forums - Banner

Cannot find opponent online for 3 days

For 3 days whenever I try and play online it searches and then says cannot find opponent. I've tried HUT Champions, Rivals, and draft kings and none of them will find an opponent. I've contacted EA and my ISP. I've port forwarded. Reinstalled the game, and also plugged in a linksy router to connect to instead of my Roger's modum and nothing works. And Also worked fine on Thursday and previous. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Also this is on an Xbox one. Thanks in advance

Replies

  • Check your NAT type should say open
  • It does unfortunately :(
  • Check your privacy and online safety setting your multiplayer and communication should be set to allow
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    mshier6214 wrote: »
    For 3 days whenever I try and play online it searches and then says cannot find opponent. I've tried HUT Champions, Rivals, and draft kings and none of them will find an opponent. I've contacted EA and my ISP. I've port forwarded. Reinstalled the game, and also plugged in a linksy router to connect to instead of my Roger's modum and nothing works. And Also worked fine on Thursday and previous. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Also this is on an Xbox one. Thanks in advance

    What does your network settings screen say for the IPv? We've seen people in the past using IPv6 on Rogers and having this issue. If you're on both IPv4 and 6, try changing to just IPv4. Help with that can be found here.
  • Thanks, EA suggested I turn off IPv6 so I contacted my ISP and did and it didn’t work still, then the next agent told me their games need IPv6 and go have it turned back on. The NAT is open. Everything works fine except when I try and search and online game. I’ve cleaned everything possible. It was working fine one day then the next day not at all. Does PlayStation have this issue? Lol maybe I’m in the market for a new console
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for trying, @mshier6214. Next, try clearing the alternate MAC address with these steps:

    Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
    Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
    Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

    As far as IPv6 goes, it's not required for gaming. I've had it disabled for years and never had issues. It's also a step we regularly recommend and has resolved a number of issues when it comes to multiplayer issues. Regardless, we'll continue looking for other resolutions.
  • mshier6214 wrote: »
    Thanks, EA suggested I turn off IPv6 so I contacted my ISP and did and it didn’t work still, then the next agent told me their games need IPv6 and go have it turned back on. The NAT is open. Everything works fine except when I try and search and online game. I’ve cleaned everything possible. It was working fine one day then the next day not at all. Does PlayStation have this issue? Lol maybe I’m in the market for a new console

    you able to find games in eashl drop ins, clubs, or vs mode online, or online shootouts?
  • I just tried those games after you suggested them since I don't normally play them and it's still the same failed to find opponent. I was on the phone with Microsoft yesterday for support and they tried pretty much the same stuff as previously suggested troubleshooting. Also had me to a reset of the Xbox and notta. They suggested I take the Xbox in to a store and have them run a diagnostic on it bc they think it's something wrong with the console. Problem is is they aren't open yet with this pandemic where I am Iol
    Greatly appreciate everyone's help and suggestions
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    @mshier6214

    Have you tried alternate DNS servers? If not, from the Xbox One home screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

    Let me know what happens. Thanks!
  • mshier6214 wrote: »
    I just tried those games after you suggested them since I don't normally play them and it's still the same failed to find opponent. I was on the phone with Microsoft yesterday for support and they tried pretty much the same stuff as previously suggested troubleshooting. Also had me to a reset of the Xbox and notta. They suggested I take the Xbox in to a store and have them run a diagnostic on it bc they think it's something wrong with the console. Problem is is they aren't open yet with this pandemic where I am Iol
    Greatly appreciate everyone's help and suggestions

    I would take your console to a family members house or friends house that has internet and tv to hook up your xbox and try it at another location, if it works than u need a new modem at home
  • Ok thanks I will try both those options I really appreciate the help :)
  • Ok so neither of those worked. But I tried Call of Duty and I can connect online. So I'm super confused now as to why it's only NHL haha
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    mshier6214 wrote: »
    Ok so neither of those worked. But I tried Call of Duty and I can connect online. So I'm super confused now as to why it's only NHL haha

    Did you happen to try your Xbox in a different location as @deadman9999 suggested? That would help narrow this down. Also, try checking your router to see if there's a firmware update available.
  • mshier6214 wrote: »
    Ok so neither of those worked. But I tried Call of Duty and I can connect online. So I'm super confused now as to why it's only NHL haha

    what i would do next is unlink your ea account from your xbox account, go to ea website and change ur ea password, than relink the ea account to ur xbox account
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    mshier6214 wrote: »
    Ok so neither of those worked. But I tried Call of Duty and I can connect online. So I'm super confused now as to why it's only NHL haha

    what i would do next is unlink your ea account from your xbox account, go to ea website and change ur ea password, than relink the ea account to ur xbox account

    I strongly advise against this as it will completely delete all progress on all EA games. I believe only an advisor can do this for you and they make very well sure that you realize you lose everything when moving a gamertag from one EA account to another. All your Ultimate Teams, Battlefield Soldiers, Apex Legends characters, etc, are deleted when this happens.
  • mshier6214 wrote: »
    Ok so neither of those worked. But I tried Call of Duty and I can connect online. So I'm super confused now as to why it's only NHL haha

    or create a sub account on ur xbox,also create another ea username and password for this sub account see if you can find opponents on the sub account
  • Yes I took it to my parents and tried it. They also have a wifi extender so I tried it on that wifi as well as straight from the router. Maybe I'll contact EA again and let them know I can find online opponents on other games. Perhaps try and reinstall NHL 19 if I still have it?
  • EA_Aljo
    1896 posts EA Community Manager
    mshier6214 wrote: »
    Yes I took it to my parents and tried it. They also have a wifi extender so I tried it on that wifi as well as straight from the router. Maybe I'll contact EA again and let them know I can find online opponents on other games. Perhaps try and reinstall NHL 19 if I still have it?

    As @deadman9999 suggested, see if it works with a different gamertag. This would be a good test to see if it's an account issue or not.

  • Ok so I created a sub account with xbox live. It would at least find an opponent but go to load about 97% and then wait forever and then connection lost. I went back to the original account and failed to find opponent again. Also the NAT is open 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • deadman9999
    875 posts Member
    edited June 11
    mshier6214 wrote: »
    Ok so I created a sub account with xbox live. It would at least find an opponent but go to load about 97% and then wait forever and then connection lost. I went back to the original account and failed to find opponent again. Also the NAT is open 🤦🏻‍♂️

    Do you have an external HDD to backup your xbox? Sounds like your xbox needs to do a factory reset if you can back up the console first
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!