EA Forums - Banner

Goalie control question

Aside from the fact that "Y" causes the goalie to attempt to cover the puck when its near, is there any other difference between "Y" and "butterfly"?

I have my right trigger mapped to butterfly....which obviously puts the goalie into butterfly, and holding it will keep him in butterfly and I can slide every which way.

If I hold "Y", that also puts the goalie into butterfly, and holding it will keep him in butterfly and I can slide every which way, and my goalie will attempt to cover the puck if he's able to.

But is there any difference in the butterfly aspects between those two commands? Is one slower to move or react, or be less likely to make certain saves, than the other? I cannot tell any difference, but perhaps there is one and I just don't see it?

Replies

• Socair
    2631 posts Game Changer
    Holding Y is a cover anticipation move and not ideal for making saves that don’t hit square on. Being in butterfly still gives your goalie a good range of motion and save animations; holding Y will not.