EA Forums - Banner

Did I just download..

Prev1
Sega82mega
3517 posts Member
.. A hockey game?

This is so far under the radar, haven't heard anything.. But what ever happen, its real gooood. Please confirmed something was done to the game?

Replies

• nyi95
    171 posts Member
    Pssst, Sega. It's the wine my friend. Lol
  • Hehe.. Pretty darn good wine, in that case!

Had a hard time to let go of the controller this morning.. Something was downloaded and that something I wanna thank. Plays like a new game for me, so if it keeps this way, will my longing for 21 feel easier
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Hehe.. Pretty darn good wine, in that case!

Had a hard time to let go of the controller this morning.. Something was downloaded and that something I wanna thank. Plays like a new game for me, so if it keeps this way, will my longing for 21 feel easier

What was changed? Offline or online were you feeling a difference?
  • Sega82mega
    3517 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Online.. And it was defenetly a change.. More then just 'the game feels diffrent every game/day' you fired up. This time it was something more, much better controll over the players and you could both, keep the puck more easy with good set ups and the once that just push forward was not as successful as they use to. (so I can imagine EA will get hate for this update)

But I would like to see some notices on what this update was all about.

I managed to do some great goals I never seen before. I like whatever happened. The D play felt better to.
  • Sega82mega
    3517 posts Member
    And most importen, I dont necessarily win more games because of this update, maybe a few, but its more fun losing, and thats for me - is the one key, to still have fun playing a hockey game no mather what.
  • jrago73
    638 posts Member
    "Cocaine is a helluva drug"
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Online.. And it was defenetly a change.. More then just 'the game feels diffrent every game/day' you fired up. This time it was something more, much better controll over the players and you could both, keep the puck more easy with good set ups and the once that just push forward was not as successful as they use to. (so I can imagine EA will get hate for this update)

I managed to do some great goals I never seen before. I like whatever happened. The D play felt better to.
    You checked this new gameplay only in versus mode or maybe also in EASHL?
  • Sega82mega
    3517 posts Member
    jrago73 wrote: »
    "Cocaine is a helluva drug"

Tssss... :smiley:
  • Sega82mega
    3517 posts Member
    MiIczar wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »

You checked this new gameplay only in versus mode or maybe also in EASHL?

Only played HUT today.
  • j0rtsu67
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I too noticed there was something downloaded but in two Rivals games I didn't notice anything different from usual.

So I'm afraid you were just lucky to have few games where it played like it should always play...?
  • Sega82mega
    3517 posts Member
    Strange.. Would be good to hear from EA about this so called tuner.

All day long has been really good, maybe im just lucky then...
    Im gonna ride this wave untill the end... Hope it never stop! :blush:
  • nyi95
    171 posts Member
    They definitely did something. I played offline, AS full sim, 7 min periods. I lost 1 to 0. Cpu outshot me 43 to 14( so that didn't change, lol) but only 1 goal? It did feel different, can't put my finger on it. Hope they tell us what they tuned. Thus was on default sliders btw.
  • Haven’t booted NHL up yet. Not really wanting too until I get an answer of what changed.
  • Sega82mega
    3517 posts Member
    Had to press paus and say: you should try your sliders now BF, even more lovely, I play on superstar (dont know if it makes any diffrent) but the AI plays much more 'hockey' now then before, they even had a nice PP against me.

And the goals you can do.. Wow. Im telling you, something has happen to the game, and its really good, both offline and online, online is what it is, but at least you now got a even more decent chance to actually try to play hockey and do some really nice play.

Try your sliders BF! ;)
  • jrago73
    638 posts Member
    Felt exactly the same to me last night.
  • j0rtsu67
    620 posts Member
    Three Rivals games today. If there has been any changes, I can't see a difference

Maybe it's just me... o:)
  • Vipermaw82
    2 posts New member
    Eashl is completely different with bots
  • Vipermaw82
    2 posts New member
    They are smarter... much smarter... shoot harder too
  • jrago73
    638 posts Member
    I wish I had an active enough imagination to believe EA was making significant changes 10 months into the games cycle and trick myself into thinking the game suddenly got better.
  • meanwhile im having the time of my HUT life.. I cant explain it other then it must be a bigger diffrent dependent on your own play style. You will probebly not notice any direct difference if you play exactly the same way now like you did before the 'tuning'.

I encourage everybody to maybe try some new stuff, see what happen.