EA Forums - Banner

Tired of all these rigged games

Prev13456722
uv41fampze35.png

All my centermen are 93-94 ovr on faceoff and this guy had a team oh 75-80 players and he managed to win 15 faceoffs... He barely touched the puck the whole game. I have bout 50 shots on goal but most of them went wide. I had a two on one with McDavid in the third and he missed a wide-open net. I’m sure he misses chances like that a lot during a hockey season. No, the game is not rigged, it's just me that can't play right EA.

The game before that I was on the lead 4-1 and suddenly in the third period, I couldn't make a play. My players became slow and I was a few seconds behind every play. Ended up loosing 5-4.

Is that supposed to be fun? This game is trash.

Replies

• Confusion2000
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Why is this still in the game??

You know the part where "the game decides" that you can't skate, shoot, pass, or touch the puck anymore, while your opponent is turbo everything?

You know the part where "the game decides" that the puck will bounce PERFECTLY from one opponent's stick to another opponent's stick whether it's a blocked shot, a poke check, a stick lift, or goalie rebound?

You know the part where "the game decides" that ANY contact on an opponent will be a penalty, even if it doesn't make sense? EX: You body check your opponent and get called from tripping or some other garbage like that?

Why......is.....this.....still.....in......the.....game?!?!?!?!

EA, how about you let the players decide who's going to win the game instead of inserting your "EA Advantage" all over the place??!!??!!

Can you stop screwing with our attributes to make things happen, and maybe give us a live puck that goes where it's supposed to rather than "a pre-determined location"?
  • I agree,,,totally scripted :-(
  • In this game, after the first face off you see if you win or you loose !!!!I
    I play NHL series from 1992, never see a game like this, back to 19 for the moment
  • They want casuals or people who never played the game before to have a fair chance at being competitive. It is all about the money and no offense but EA could care less how skilled you are at the game. It is all about business model and less about quality. You can't mass market this kind of sports game. This game is for that niche crowd and EA should start catering to them instead of casuals.
  • I'm also convinced that the top players know all the ins and outs of this, how it works, what triggers it, how to counter it, ECT. And use it to their advantage because to the rest of us EA wont even acknowledge it exists let alone explain how it works. So it puts us at a severe handicap playing against someone who knows exactly how to use it for their advantage
  • Max452Play wrote: »
    I agree,,,totally scripted :-(

If it's scripted, you can put down our controller and the game will play out for you. Let's see it happen.
  • rogers2487 wrote: »
    I'm also convinced that the top players know all the ins and outs of this, how it works, what triggers it, how to counter it, ECT. And use it to their advantage because to the rest of us EA wont even acknowledge it exists let alone explain how it works. So it puts us at a severe handicap playing against someone who knows exactly how to use it for their advantage

EA has repeatedly said it doesn't exist. Over and over and over again. Yet people still can't take accountability for their own losses. Top players are top players year after year because they dissect their mistakes and learn from them. They also learn how to use strategies. They pay attention to patterns in their opponent's play. They recognize what they're doing and have a way to counter it. This is why you see the same top players year after year. Because they don't just blame the game when they lose. They learn from it. The more you do that, the better you'll get and realize the ice tilt theory is nothing more than that.
  • Part of me has always thought there was something that would happen if you get up on a game too early or let the opposing team hang around too much if they're getting beat down. Then I thought about how EA can't even get basic stuff right like poke checking, puck pickups, skating, human goaltending, overlays, LT spamming, etc. So if they're incapable of getting the basics right, what makes us think that they can have some secret code that arbitrarily activates to screw over the better team. Maybe it's there maybe it isn't but it's basically impossible to empirically prove.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    rogers2487 wrote: »
    I'm also convinced that the top players know all the ins and outs of this, how it works, what triggers it, how to counter it, ECT. And use it to their advantage because to the rest of us EA wont even acknowledge it exists let alone explain how it works. So it puts us at a severe handicap playing against someone who knows exactly how to use it for their advantage

EA has repeatedly said it doesn't exist. Over and over and over again. Yet people still can't take accountability for their own losses. Top players are top players year after year because they dissect their mistakes and learn from them. They also learn how to use strategies. They pay attention to patterns in their opponent's play. They recognize what they're doing and have a way to counter it. This is why you see the same top players year after year. Because they don't just blame the game when they lose. They learn from it. The more you do that, the better you'll get and realize the ice tilt theory is nothing more than that.

It's not that simple. It is extremely rare that both opponents get the same quality of goalie. There is practically always a better goalie, and generally better AI on a single team. You just hope it's your team. I don't know how many games I have seen where one goalie is literally standing on his head and making 8 save-of-the-year saves in a single game. Meanwhile the other goalie is flubbing relatively easy shots.

I am by no means saying this is tilt. I don't believe in tilt. I do believe however that servers and/or programming is less than ideal and doesn't give an equal experience to both opponents. For example in NHL 19, why was Kurtz so op as an AI player? He was better than your average EASHL player. There is only 1 Kurtz per game, and you pray he is on your team. When it comes to AI, he was as OP as it gets.

• this game is dead....i saw 60 people watching it on mixer...farm simulator had more people watching...

and like the telecommunication companies,they will do more to get new customers than keep existing ones....
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • Pay to win is alive and well in nhl 20.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    rogers2487 wrote: »

Offline is totally scripted. Sim a playoff in Franchise mode with a stacked team and even if you go undefeated all season, the game will usually take each round to the 7th game n force you to play it to continue to the next round.

EASHL, you could argue, depending on the mode and/or the amount of human players mixed in with ai players. There are times an opponents ai are extremely good on one team and extremely bad on another, typically with the same results in behavior and gameplay.

My theory on CR is that it was implemented to counter the "ice tilt" because of something in coding or software that would have been too expensive or too intricate to rewrite, solve or fix without causing issues elsewhere. Not to create a so-called "skill gap" and people encounter the highly debated "ice tilt" when matchmaking either fails or there's not another comparable CR team or player available at that time.

Personally, if it were I who was debating this topic with someobody important, I would be asking for logistical consistencies to discredit this notion and would be pursuing an evidence-based understanding of it's reality to produce certitude.

• lol Ice tilt, smh
  • this game is dead....i saw 60 people watching it on mixer...farm simulator had more people watching...

and like the telecommunication companies,they will do more to get new customers than keep existing ones....

No one uses mixer for nhl, nhl streaming is mainly on twitch
  • Considering they have highlights focused on "Momentum Swings" and have had handicap sliders in the game before, it's not a stretch to assume they are still using them. It's clear as day how inconsistant the game can be just try to do a simple deak in open ice when no one's around, so your ruling out every human variable on both teams, some.games you will execute the move perfectly others you will flub the puck around and lose it for no reason at all everytime. There is no expalination for the variance between games, but it is there clear as day. Goalies are inconsistant and not even for each team, and everyone is sharing the same "delution" that when they are tilted they have 40 shots and 1 goal to 5 shots but are losing 4-1, hit 10 posts, pucks falling off sticks ect.

To dismiss that as someone just being better focusing and learning is nonsense, "Random" things happen that has nothing to do with the user input. So their skill or my skill is irrelevant when the programming decides i miss a shot or dont pick up a loose puck or when the puck just randomly falls off my stick, it's clearly manipulation of the game programming, from the AI to glitch shots to what makes a guy with 84 speed catch up to a guy with 96 speed and be able to stick check them from 4 feet behind them.

You can't attribute user skill to something the user has no control over and its those things that seem to always be in one team or the others favor we call it ice tilt EA calls it momentum/intimidation, but it is real and it does flip in favor of each team at times, it's noticeable when it does. But the limited information on what controls it
  • how long have have all of you been coming to the boards? Has it been than 1 , 2, 3 years? Ok this is the same song and dance as every year! Complaints plaster the pages of the forum but always seem to fall on deaf ears. I have been coming to the boards for quite some time and its all wretch and no vomit, over and over. The players who a the bulk of this series dont get the credit deserved as far a input goes. we play a game that basically has minor additions to the fancy shots or the fancy gear , or how many packs i need to buy in order to actually have fun playing the game. This is bu and win game just like madden and any other game EA makes. The basics of the game are still broken , CPU awareness is extremely crippled and along with many of the other issues present that some of the other people here present on a DAILY basis.

Until we learn, that this is not a healthy relationship, we will never move on.

Yea LT allready killed it. Its not fun to play nor watch
  • Online is the most rigged piece of craptastic stuff I have ever played. I 'll never play online again until they remove dynamic difficulty adjustment. It is god awful.
  • Tylytys wrote: »
    this game is dead....i saw 60 people watching it on mixer...farm simulator had more people watching...

Yea LT allready killed it. Its not fun to play nor watch

This right here is the biggest problem with online
  • So this,forum isn't for any positive feedback hey how dare we who enjoy the game. Online in all games suck single player works fine for me
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!