EA Forums - Banner

I’m new to the game

I’ve bought every game since 14 but don’t spend too much time playing them I just like hockey and want to support the series. I’ve been playing more of this though and holy crap I get straight dunked on by the computer. I’m playing season mode on pro and when I’m not taking 70 tripping penalties a game I’m getting scored on by the one wide open dude chilling in the weak side of the crease. I always give up like 7 goals and defense seems super hard. Any pointers?

Replies

• Go back and play 14 instead. Overall, the game plays a lot better...way less things happen that remind you of ice tilt in the old games.
  • try "untouchable" sliders. it is little bit hard if you want it. it is very good balance for hard simm.

I do not recomend nhl14. The AI + goalies are still the best with nhl20. OK here is still to many flaws and unlogical bugs + ugly replays + ugly "ICE CREAM" graphics effects too...with unaceptable bottom score overlays...on the nhl20.

on otherhand the gameplay is everything for us, right!?
  • Defensively just don't do anything. Pokes aren't worth the risk 90% of the time now. You can use sticklifts with proper positioning but the best thing you can do is just clog the middle and wait for the ai to turn it over or run into you with the puck.

Offensively pass early and often. If you let the ai touch you then you're going to lose the puck because they are super human.

Other than that you just learn the holes in the ai logic over time.
  • You kind of have to re-learn how to poke check because it's much more punishing now. Otherwise, try throwing it on rookie and then seeing how things go, and move up the difficulty when you feel it gets too easy.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    You kind of have to re-learn how to poke check because it's much more punishing now. Otherwise, try throwing it on rookie and then seeing how things go, and move up the difficulty when you feel it gets too easy.

Thing about that is its inconsistent. In squad battles for example, i have a 97 ovr team. Ill play a 92 rated team and wipe the floor with them. Next game, 74 ovr team and i cant beat their 76 goalie with 41 shots yet they score 2 on 6 shots. And this is on superstar so when they say card ratings matter...i think its ****. Theres NO WAY i should handle 90 plus teams beating them by 8 goals, yet i cant hit an open net vs the lower team. This game purposefully gimps your cards. I have 99 ovr Zetterberg on a breakaway fresh off the bench, being caught up to by a 78 ovr player from 1/4 way down the ice.