EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Worldwide Reveal Discussion Thread

Replies

• d3v1t0 wrote: »
    So hoodies are draft attire now? Cool!

Noticed this as well... makes zero sense but alright.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    lacrosse goals is bad news, but as long as it is as hard to score lacrosse as it is to do wrap arounds, so be it.

I rather dont have to play cat and mouse behind my own net..
  • Lol the wraps were easy to do , and second your missing the point D2 D1 will turn into heavy skill zoning and lacrosse love fest making the game boring and one dimensional ,not to mention for that goal to work the goalie's would probably be made worse than they are now .... sorry but in my opinion 21 will be worse than 20 and that's not much of a stretch because 20 is awful
  • I cant remember myself to let in one singel wrap around this year in HUT.

And for the rest: how do you know how everything will turn out based of no one have actually play 21 yet?

Lacrosse goals exist in the real world, its not a common thing to see and if it stays the same way in the game, I dont really care if people try to do it and fail 90% of the time.

Its all about how easy things are to defend and how easy things are to exploit.

++if this will become a glitch goal, yes, then its a failure.

But I will still have faith, we havent seen nothing yet.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I cant remember myself to let in one singel wrap around this year in HUT.

And for the rest: how do you know how everything will turn out based of no one have actually play 21 yet?

Lacrosse goals exist in the real world, its not a common thing to see and if it stays the same way in the game, I dont really care if people try to do it and fail 90% of the time.

lacross goal is nonsense the same as wraparou d. over 7000 goals per year versus 3 lacross super lucky goals this year in the real NHL...

5 years wrapapround glitch ended 2016...
    we have a new glitch star !!!
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    LOL. I hate to always be the pessimistic one about this game, but my expectations are super low. Easy to say just speak with your wallet, but we are hockey fans and this is the only viable hockey game today. EA continues to take advantage of this fact knowing that people will buy their trash year after year with little effort to revolutionize. Bring on NHL 20.5.

9gjYGSk.jpg

great art! I must say this is a future of esport gaming. still the same director of this still the same awful game with the still the same glitch repeated 10000 times per one game.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Lol of course it will become a glitch goal like I said in D1 this will be abused to no end so yes this is yet another fail by the EA devs to actually listen to the community and not the chel streamer bruh's and I have zero faith in this dev team to actually put out a decent game
    Post edited by thegarden94 on
  • Another thing in that short clip, dosent it look like he pass one guy just by putting the puck of the board. Maybe could mean more loose pucks and better puck physics..
  • Yes! Can't wait for NHL 15.6!

Same crappy and glitchy looking gameplay, same crappy animations, same crappy hockey.

Can't wait!!!

I hear ya. Still the same old game engine and no HDR. The other sports titles moved on in 16/17

• It's amazing how completely out of touch this company is with the majority of their player base.
  • And it's just as disheartening to see all the kids, casuals, and Chel bros be in complete awe of the lax move and be instantly sold...EA definitely knows who they're selling to. Most of us in this forum are smart and can point out actual flaws in the game. But I'm afraid there are more simps out there who'll be ready to empty their wallets because BAP has a few new cut scenes now... RIP my enjoyment of the NHL franchise.
  • Just throwing this out there, when allot of your remaining fan base refers to NHL 14 ad the last decent hockey game we've enjoyed. Build off of that template starting with NHL 22, I'd be glad to fly to Vancouver and help you point out the good and bad things and give some input as to where to start. I'm not expecting allot for 21 (probably not getting) but if 22 comes anywhere close to as enjoyable to where 14 was, I'll probably buy again starting there. If your curious to what we really enjoyed back then, start a "which parts or features from NHL 14 should be brought back"
  • [quote="Sega82mega;c-2149826"]lacrosse goals is bad news, but as long as it is as hard to score lacrosse as it is to do wrap arounds, so be it.

I rather dont have to play cat and mouse behind my own net.. [/quote]

No way they make it challenging. It's something "new, different, and exciting" so they will make it simple to do and as effective as the tuck. Absolute trash of a game. Take the damn lacrosse goal out and maybe do something legitimate EA
  • Yeah saw this on Twitter yesterday :D , going to be the 1 hand tuck and lacrosse goal battles, scores will be around 29-30 :D
  • Yikes. Biiiiiiiiig YIKES!
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

How do we know? Its EA. Their track record is astonishingly bad, and as long as they make money theyre ok putting a steaming pile in the case and charging 60 bucks for it.
  • They added the lacrosse goal...

This is real life. They put time and energy into this and I will bet, 100$, that the AI is still mush.

But hey, the game-changers probably love it so they can post this to their Instagram and show how cooooool this game is.

You're out of touch.
  • I hope they have a LOT more to show us in the upcoming beta, 'cause if this is the big draw that we're being shown first, I seriously might just cut my losses and move on from video game hockey. If the market they're after is just kids then I'm clearly too old for this game.
  • I hope they have a LOT more to show us in the upcoming beta, 'cause if this is the big draw that we're being shown first, I seriously might just cut my losses and move on from video game hockey. If the market they're after is just kids then I'm clearly too old for this game.

Im guessing not for nhl 21 at least.. im cutting my losses this year, sure ill try the technical beta, as well as the 10 hours free with ea access, but I'm really not expecting anything really different than the last 5 years. Hoping they actually have it figured out when they release 22, if not then I'm cutting out of buying hockey all together..
  • Looks like they added the Michigan goal to 21. I think this is goin to be bad. I'm going to assume it's easy to do, so now we're gonna have to defend it all game.

Anytime someone is behind the net, they're going to do it. Over and over and over and over and over. Since defence kinda sucks, there is no way to stop it.

LT, LT, LT, Michigan, repeat.

I'm really lookin forward to Michigan 21 now.