EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Worldwide Reveal Discussion Thread

Replies

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Why is Ovechkin wearing CCM CL500 gloves from 2013 and CCM Tacks skates from 2014 in the gameplay bits of the trailer?

Trivial observation - but it tells you all you need to know about this development team’s ability to pay attention to details or level of care when they can’t even get the look of their cover athlete correct for a reveal trailer.

Suprisingly, I will backup EA on that; unfortunately to include certain brands of gear in a game, they need to have the specific licenses for them. They may have the rights to include certain models of a certain brand of hockey equipment, but not necessarily the latest ones, so they include what they can.

I wish they could include a lot more brands and models for equipment. Especially for goalies, like classic pads and gloves like Vaughn Legacy, Sher-Wood 9990's, ITECH's 4.8 X-Factor and DR LG55's to name a few. Sadly most of them are from defunct companies or ones that got absorbed into others, so it's not easy to get the licensing for those, if at all possible.

The correct equipment is already in the game (Jetspeed FT1 gloves and AS1 skates).

It’s pure laziness.

Yeah, well that I can agree with. LOL!

• Oslik1000 wrote: »
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    the point of discussion is to discuss.

if EA makes a pokecheck that will be like in real no one will discuss.
    But it's not like that!
    EA pokecheck is completely out of reality and AI can never just poke the puck, but it almost always ends the puck on the stick automatically!
    So if EA doesn't know that such a real pokecheck, even according to physics, can never look real in real life.

That is why a critical discussion is in order.
    And unfortunately there is still little criticism, because as you can see, EA has not done anything with the defense for 5 years!

So yes, you just need to criticize until EA has done at least pokecheck right because it's the only defense tool in the game!

Hey EA! follow how puck is doing a free job in this video. This is a basic how you can do "pokecheck" and "stick lift" absolutely right. Again-> watch the puck after intercept. it is free is not glued to the stick and player is watching body still after this. the puck is not important if you play defense on real hockey!!!! Do you understand this hockey basic, please.

Odd, nobody tripped...
  • I would like to see how all new moves going to be on the controller. Especially what you have to do to chip the puck, if it go hand in hand with manual sauce or something.
  • Guys were already board passing to themselves, self-sauce chip plays, etc. Even I do that and I'm not very good. Making this a new, set button press/combo was hardly neccessary. I really don't see how dumbing plays down to auto dekes and set animations develops a skill gap, either.
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > I would like to see how all new moves going to be on the controller. Especially what you have to do to chip the puck, if it go hand in hand with manual sauce or something.

I'm curious too, I hope they're not too overhauled, I don't want to have to re-learn a bunch of controls that are muscle memory.
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > I would like to see how all new moves going to be on the controller. Especially what you have to do to chip the puck, if it go hand in hand with manual sauce or something.

I'm curious too, I hope they're not too overhauled, I don't want to have to re-learn a bunch of controls that are muscle memory.

Yeah I hope so too, I cant say im that big of a fan of to much fancy work with my fingers, try to keep it pretty casual with L2, skill-stick and manual sauce. Dont even think I will get this lacrosse move to my muscle memory, probably more buzz then money, but this chip move, I can really see that as a good investment, so as these stand still dekes. Guess I have to make room for some more finger flicking.
  • PadrinoIV
    900 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Please leave your post reveal reactions here: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/261863/nhl-21-worldwide-reveal-discussion-thread#latest

We hope the team can meet everyone's expectations this year. Nonetheless, thank you for your feedback on features you want the team to focus on. We'll continue to pass your thoughts from these forums along.

Could you let us invite a friend online to play franchise/season in coop please! Not a online franchise, but just be able to invite an online friend to coop in my "offline" franchise/season please. Won't affect HUT.
  • Flyers scoreboard isn’t right..
  • Oh god....Ovie representing what might turn out to be EA's worse nhl game ever and the beginning of the end....so sad. Love Ovie....what a bad time to be representing a game.

• kezz123 wrote: »
    Oh god....Ovie representing what might turn out to be EA's worse nhl game ever and the beginning of the end....so sad. Love Ovie....what a bad time to be representing a game.

To be fair Ovie was known for the longest time to be a lackluster player on the defensive side til Trotz got him to buy into the system. So maybe Ovie on the cover highlighting scoring fits the game perfectly.

• Been around and about and it looks like Madden 21 is taking a bashing even worse than NHL. I honestly never really looked at any of EA's other sports games, but the mediocrity extends beyond NHL. Should we even be surprised?

• TheMajjam wrote: »
    Been around and about and it looks like Madden 21 is taking a bashing even worse than NHL. I honestly never really looked at any of EA's other sports games, but the mediocrity extends beyond NHL. Should we even be surprised?

Last year Fifa fans ripped apart the game. It's been downhill ever since Frostbite to many of them. But now they are bringing back crazy thru balls and better ability to create scoring.

As for Madden it is normal. Last year in the esports big tournament some won the whole thing with a kicker as their QB and ran the ball every single time. No passes.

People like to give NHL hell but it's all the EA sports titles. At least NHL is not exclusive like EA did with Madden and Fifa to kill any competition. But sadly NHL isn't popular enough for 2 companies.

• Milanpop87
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    They havent talked about game modes but i guess GMC is yet again missing from the game? Shame.
  • everybody just want to break the system, no matter wich game we talk about... it's kind of a thrend to find where the logic break and how we can get an edge...

it's sad, but every game face this challenge.. and when we are in a simulation type game, it's more frustrating than in a MMO or a RPG, or another game who has broken mechanic... (diablo is always trying to balance it's ****, as starcraft or FF XIV or name it)...

game producer needs to address this, but we are also the one who abuse of this "thinking"...
  • those 4 harts replace a curse word meaning "there games"... lol
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    everybody just want to break the system, no matter wich game we talk about... it's kind of a thrend to find where the logic break and how we can get an edge...

it's sad, but every game face this challenge.. and when we are in a simulation type game, it's more frustrating than in a MMO or a RPG, or another game who has broken mechanic... (diablo is always trying to balance it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️, as starcraft or FF XIV or name it)...

game producer needs to address this, but we are also the one who abuse of this "thinking"...

Yes. But the difference is that most other developers will fix the issues in their game right away. Fortnite/Apex has an unbalanced weapon? It's patched or removed. Bug in Rocket League? Fixed.

EA Sports games are especially frustrating because many problems remain unchanged for very long, even years sometimes, and they don't necessarily get a fix even after said several years.

Like the NBA 2K20 AI bug they had at the game's launch. It took a while to get a patch to fix it, but they DID fix it because it was affecting their game negatively. I get it that things take time and documentation to fix properly. But when your problems only get acknowledged after one year (or sometimes MANY years) and they STILL don't get fixed in the NEXT version... Dude. C'mon!!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    everybody just want to break the system, no matter wich game we talk about... it's kind of a thrend to find where the logic break and how we can get an edge...

it's sad, but every game face this challenge.. and when we are in a simulation type game, it's more frustrating than in a MMO or a RPG, or another game who has broken mechanic... (diablo is always trying to balance it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️, as starcraft or FF XIV or name it)...

Yes. But the difference is that most other developers will fix the issues in their game right away. Fortnite/Apex has an unbalanced weapon? It's patched or removed. Bug in Rocket League? Fixed.

EA Sports games are especially frustrating because many problems remain unchanged for very long, even years sometimes, and they don't necessarily get a fix even after said several years.

Like the NBA 2K20 AI bug they had at the game's launch. It took a while to get a patch to fix it, but they DID fix it because it was affecting their game negatively. I get it that things take time and documentation to fix properly. But when your problems only get acknowledged after one year (or sometimes MANY years) and they STILL don't get fixed in the NEXT version... Dude. C'mon!!

Now is a good time for change. The past year has seen EA’s value drop by almost 50%, coupled with badly-performing blockbuster titles. Public opinion of the publisher is at its lowest ever too, with EA voted worst U.S. company for two years in a row. This cycle of EA getting away with lazy games may just be coming to a close.
  • All you guys screaming for more bells and whistles for BAP and Franchise got your wish. For me it's just Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay! But then, I only have been playing Squad Battles all year....1200 games and counting.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4740 posts EA Community Manager
    I can't make the link clickable. Here some info from gameinformer :

EA Vancouver also said it paid close attention to improving teammate A.I., so they will better support your decisions and make smarter ones themselves when it comes to driving plays and finishing. They should be better at recognizing passing lanes, shot opportunities, and what the user-controlled player is doing. Goalies have been overhauled with better decision making and positioning alongside new animations and desperation saves."

123z7p9gvaah.gif
  • EA_Blueberry
    4740 posts EA Community Manager
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    This is just the left right left glitch but with extra steps... if the goalie is just gonna abandon all logic and fly out of position in an official trailer, just how much worse is it gonna be in a regular game? One hand tuck already works on goalies in position so this is one massive oof.

Meta already allows for easy passes from behind the net to the front for easy goals so the team is just adding more things to screw a defender over with. Did they fix puck tracking so I can go near the side to block both a michigan and cross pass at the same time?

So I just finished reading the Game Informer article and once again, DMen (and goalies obviously) are getting shafted here. No additional defensive tools, offense even more OP than before. <face palm>.

Who decides these things!?

The right people...

1.) Shareholders
    2.) Developer Team
    3.) Gamechangers

10.)Reddit, Forums, Twitter, Facebook

I think people on this forums have given more effort to help the series with ideas, discussions and videos showcasing the games problems than these “game changers” ever have.

They’re not game changers. They’re just people with a big following on YouTube and social media. Many of them are HUT players. Go figure.

The forum community here is great and have given the team a wealth of valuable feedback, in fact we're actually talking about all of your thoughts on the lacrosse goal that has been a hot topic in this thread within private channels. Even though you're not directly participating in those chats, the feedback here is always considered as part of the development process.