EA Forums - Banner

One timers

SilentCricket67
10 posts Member
edited September 2020
How are these still not manual only by now? Where’s the “skill”? If I hold L2 and RS up I should get a quick release snap shot or a quick shot while in close. I don’t think full one time slap shots should be automatic. Bring some skill into the game. You have manual one timers in the game but nobody uses them in 6s. If EA changes slap shot one timers to manual and L2 RS up to quick release snap shots. You’ll see goalies making more saves and one timer slap shots more a skilled shot than auto goals. It’s just way to easy to use when someone is just holding R2 and you holding up for any goalie to react. Let’s see some actual skill added to the game.

Replies

• How are these still not manual only by now? Where’s the “skill”? If I hold L2 and RS up I should get a quick release snap shot or a quick shot while in close. I don’t think full one time slap shots should be automatic. Bring some skill into the game. You have manual one timers in the game but nobody uses them in 6s. If EA changes slap shot one timers to manual and L2 RS up to quick release snap shots. You’ll see goalies making more saves and one timer slap shots more a skilled shot than auto goals. It’s just way to easy to use when someone is just holding R2 and you holding up for any goalie to react. Let’s see some actual skill added to the game.
    Totally agree.
  • I'd like to see this too, and the same with deking and stick handling. High skilled plays should require high skill on the thumbsticks. That's how you create a real skill gap. We're at a point where everything is dumbed down but we're told a simple poke check should take skill. It's very backwards right now.
  • SilentCricket67
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I'd like to see this too, and the same with deking and stick handling. High skilled plays should require high skill on the thumbsticks. That's how you create a real skill gap. We're at a point where everything is dumbed down but we're told a simple poke check should take skill. It's very backwards right now.

I agree. Defense and goalie are required to play perfectly in order to do their jobs well (essentially standing there watching offense L2 around) .Offense is given everything on a silver platter. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been scored on from a rocket pass to a one timer from 20 ft apart but I couldn’t move because the shot was taken so fast because the pass was to fast to track.

I just wanna see the skill be applied to the offense. There are some areas EA can tweak to make that happen. And I think one time slap shots is one of those areas.

• If you ever get a bad connection, you'll never be able to pull it off properly.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B_Bunny wrote: »
    If you ever get a bad connection, you'll never be able to pull it off properly.

I'd say give a small window of acceptable timing to pull off the shot, while still requiring the slap shot motion instead of just holding up. I'm in SoCal so I know all about the ping issues but I really like the idea of making tough plays require some talent. They could even add an attribute for one timer that separates the skill from a regular slap shot and has an effect on the length of the window to pull off a good shot. Those who need more help could throw a trait on for some assist.

It would be great to be impressed by a nice one timer play instead of needing things like the lacrosse goal to try to keep the game exciting.

Funny... That's precisely how Goaltending and Defense works. We have to be Shaolin Monks with our actions, even in lag or we get annihilated.

Offense gets a Get Out of Jail Free card though.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    B_Bunny wrote: »

Funny... That's precisely how Goaltending and Defense works. We have to be Shaolin Monks with our actions, even in lag or we get annihilated.

Offense gets a Get Out of Jail Free card though.

Ahhahahaha.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I've been moaning about this for a long time. You just keep that right stick up and you're top scorer automatically. The occasional obstruction penalty is no biggie.

Like Venom says, offence should have to deal with lag like everyone else does. Lag is a separate issue to 'fix' anyways.
  • SilentCricket67
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Connection problems should not be an excuse for why forwards should get away with a lack of skill they play with. ( L2 back skate, puck shielding, fastest builds 5’7 and cross crease rocket passes and just holding RS up for 3 different type of shots)

I’d suggest that EA starts off with a very large window for connecting on the shot and use the Beta to shorten up the radius to make it a more skillful shot/ incorporate some lag protection.

Connection problems should not be an excuse for why forwards should get away with a lack of skill they play with. ( L2 back skate, puck shielding, fastest builds 5’7 and cross crease rocket passes and just holding RS up for 3 different type of shots)

I’d suggest that EA starts off with a very large window for connecting on the shot and use the Beta to shorten up the radius to make it a more skillful shot/ incorporate some lag protection.

More skill for the offense? Son, you must be crazy! They are SO afraid to nerf offense. Last thing they'd ever do is balance the game.
  • [quote="VeNOM2099;c-2153877"][quote="B_Bunny;c-2153818"]If you ever get a bad connection, you'll never be able to pull it off properly.[/quote]

Offense gets a Get Out of Jail Free card though. [/quote]

Thats the ea way. On eas side they dont even see our user names. Its just a bunch of dollar signs.
  • [quote="Stovetop9620;c-2154013"][quote="SilentCricket67;c-2154002"][quote="B_Bunny;c-2153818"]If you ever get a bad connection, you'll never be able to pull it off properly.[/quote]

[/quote]

More skill for the offense? Son, you must be crazy! They are SO afraid to nerf offense. Last thing they'd ever do is balance the game.[/quote]

Cuz they listen to guys like nasher who already has his panties in a bunch saying the lacrosse goal should be easier. Mark my words, by the 1st (and prob only) patch, that lacrosse goal will be running rampant, and ea will say "skill gap" like they do with every other problem.

• Cuz they listen to guys like nasher who already has his panties in a bunch saying the lacrosse goal should be easier. Mark my words, by the 1st (and prob only) patch, that lacrosse goal will be running rampant, and ea will say "skill gap" like they do with every other problem.

They turned the one-handed tuck into the easiest thing in the world. There is absolutely no reason to think the same won't happen with The Michigan.
  • [quote="jgrangers2;c-2154065"][quote="CantHoldMeDown12;c-2154055"]

Cuz they listen to guys like nasher who already has his panties in a bunch saying the lacrosse goal should be easier. Mark my words, by the 1st (and prob only) patch, that lacrosse goal will be running rampant, and ea will say "skill gap" like they do with every other problem.[/quote]

They turned the one-handed tuck into the easiest thing in the world. There is absolutely no reason to think the same won't happen with The Michigan.[/quote]

Sad but true.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1528 posts Member
    edited September 2020

You can mitigate that via turning game speed down from air hockey to real hockey. Also highlights why the DSS punishment in this game for trying to play real hockey is absurd. Defensemen need a surgeon-level precision while playing through lag but forwards can’t handle manually hitting a slapshot one-timer lol. That’s the state of this “balanced” game in a nutshell.

As far as one-timers go, I really do not like the change to aiming. Makes playing 1v1 modes a lot less fun because bang-bang plays from behind the net are almost impossible to aim correctly due to the new change. There’s simply not enough time to pass it down and to the right while getting a left-side aim before the puck touches the stick. Would much rather have seen them implement fanned shots or simply have players shoot to the most physically possible left they could, rather than making me aim before. Sure, it’s not felt much on most one-timer chances, but it does make playing behind the net much less rewarding/fun/realistic when we can’t properly aim our one-timers due to a lack of time. Huge oversight with this change...

• This thread is just making me sad :(
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.