EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    3105 posts EA Community Manager
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I hope we got to see some news about the game maybe next week.

Yeah I wonder what “late august” means. I’m very skeptical, but would at least like to see some info.

"only" 2 weeks left of August.. And a beta is about to happen too, before October. I guess we got some news next week, I want to believe that.

• like a cat on hot bricks... 😬✌️✊
  • nyi95
    124 posts Member
    Sega, i only hope for you that when you fall, you land on something really soft!! Like a woman maybe? Lol.
  • A woman.. That can tell me to shut up and go to bed...? 🙄😉

Thank you for that picture you gave me, funny!
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    A woman.. That can tell me to shut up and go to bed...? 🙄😉

Thank you for that picture you gave me, funny!

going to fall on your mom?
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I hope we got to see some news about the game maybe next week.

Yeah I wonder what “late august” means. I’m very skeptical, but would at least like to see some info.

"only" 2 weeks left of August.. And a beta is about to happen too, before October. I guess we got some news next week, I want to believe that.

let's take the lacrosse goal and kucherov goal out of the game before it's released and while you're at it get rid of the one handed Tuck thanks
  • We all KNEW the lacrosse goal would be in the game. They wonder why we say we don't get listened to haha. Everyone I've talked to and everything I've read on these forums have said they don't want it, there are already too many offensive weapons.. we get that, more dekes, and more ways to score. THIS is why we feel were not listened to. After who knows how many years we have practice mode in WOC though..

I would have been willing to bet ANYONE this would be in the game despite countless people saying to fix what we already have. 2 players in the entire NHL have done this.. if it becomes as common as the 1 hand tuck we are REALLY going to have a problem. I have NO idea who this development team is making this game for anymore. Who is their audience?? The only people who buy this are people who have no other hockey game to buy.. put the smallest bit of effort to add what people are asking for and you might have more people buy the game.. we have games ending 8-7 and we add MORE offense weapons? Why??? If the tuck and lacrosse goal have to be in the game it should only be done by players with that specialty or something..
  • If the tuck and lacrosse goal have to be in the game it should only be done by players with that specialty or something..

This is actually not a bad idea...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Tylytys wrote: »
    Cross play! Some nights its very hard to find game in eashl

That's why I proposed lobbies because I'd imagine it'd be easier to implement than cross play.

Honestly I think both are needed. NHL needs cross play more than probably any EA game. Having likely the smallest player base and now so many modes.

Online vs, HUT, threes, franchise, BAP, shootout, ones, EASHL 3's drop-in, EASHL 3's club, EASHL 6's drop in, EASHL 6's club, WoC threes, pro am, WoC ones.. I'm probably forgetting some.. I think some of these need to be combined/ eliminated.

Personally I think one's is the most pointless mode but maybe it has a following? Threes is fun when you wanna score a lot and not take the game serious but I feel threes outside of WoC is pointless. I think combining 3's club/ drop-in and 6's club and drops would help a lot! Mostly because a lot of clubs just play drop-in anyway (whether to get easy wins or because they can't find games) maybe even have people join you club team for a game when you search with less players.. BAP should be part of WoC. That gets rid of almost half. Then double the player base with cross play and we might get games. Raise the number of needed humans/ limit CPU abilities and more people MIGHT wanna play this game longer!

I'm not sure the entire EASHL community would be happy with linking drop ins with club games. If a club that plays together every night in say 6s matches a team of randoms in drop ins it will end up like a drop in game where one or two people think they can challenge the whole team, their tendy will quit after the first goal and soon everyone starts dropping like flies until its a team of CPU and two human players vs your 6 and if the cpu doesn't get balanced the two left have an advantage. I play 6s alot with buddies and even having one CPU on the other team can completely change the game if say someone lags out. Idk if I'm repeating what anyone said already so if so my bad. Like your other ideas though.
  • IceLion68
    810 posts Member
    edited September 3

I'm not sure the entire EASHL community would be happy with linking drop ins with club games. If a club that plays together every night in say 6s matches a team of randoms in drop ins it will end up like a drop in game where one or two people think they can challenge the whole team, their tendy will quit after the first goal and soon everyone starts dropping like flies until its a team of CPU and two human players vs your 6 and if the cpu doesn't get balanced the two left have an advantage. I play 6s alot with buddies and even having one CPU on the other team can completely change the game if say someone lags out. Idk if I'm repeating what anyone said already so if so my bad. Like your other ideas though.

Agreed. This is kind of a terrible idea and basically nukes the entire IDEA of club in one fell swoop. I get what he was going for, and I dont disagree the community is fractured across too many game types but combining club and dropins is NOT a good solution to this IMO.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

Agreed. This is kind of a terrible idea and basically nukes the entire IDEA of club in one fell swoop. I get what he was going for, and I dont disagree the community is fractured across too many game types but combining club and dropins is NOT a good solution to this IMO.

That makes sense. I guess I mostly feel we should attempt to find ways for people to TRY to get 5-6 guys together and play club. I'm not sure how.. I just hate searching forever in club, or playing 2 humans and 4 cpu in drop-in. We need a bigger player base for sure though..
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

That makes sense. I guess I mostly feel we should attempt to find ways for people to TRY to get 5-6 guys together and play club. I'm not sure how.. I just hate searching forever in club, or playing 2 humans and 4 cpu in drop-in. We need a bigger player base for sure though..

The real solution would be a mix of the following options

1. Crossplay
    2. Make the game fun so more people play
    3. Don't split your online player base into 8 freaking game modes.
    4. Stop the quitters
    5. Stop the trolls

Make sure you hold your breath...
  • The user AI sucks. Playing another human and my cpu guys just skate around them not even bother to check by any means. What gives?? Keeps happening against human teams.
  • One timers fest. So easy and cheesy
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    The user AI sucks. Playing another human and my cpu guys just skate around them not even bother to check by any means. What gives?? Keeps happening against human teams.

In Online games where you aren't player locked (ie Online VS and HUT), the ai won't perform defensive actions. They will play positionally but it is on the human players to play manual defense against the puck carrier.
  • Oslik1000
    449 posts Member
    edited October 15
    NHLDev wrote: »
    The user AI sucks. Playing another human and my cpu guys just skate around them not even bother to check by any means. What gives?? Keeps happening against human teams.

In Online games where you aren't player locked (ie Online VS and HUT), the ai won't perform defensive actions. They will play positionally but it is on the human players to play manual defense against the puck carrier.

I am not sure I
    really know what you're talking about?
  • Ok that's fine. But the poke check is god awful
  • I can't remember but I think it was NHL 15 where the onetimers thru the crease and the poke checking were spammed just like it is in 21. Kinda sucks.
  • How come the CPU is so overpowered on PRO. Cant touch the puck with 88 overall trM with 80++ players all gold. The CPU can take the puck away on a whim. They block everything and passes tape to tape. Whats up EA
  • EA_Aljo
    1699 posts EA Community Manager
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

I am not sure I
    really know what you're talking about?

This means AI players won't poke, hit, stick lift, etc. They will rely only on positioning to defend.