EA Forums - Banner

Customization

Will you be looking at enhancing the customization of this game for game modes other than WOC/hut? I understand it's a hockey simulation game and not a design tool - but it's lacking in this area. Maybe not for 21 but please re-vamp this for the next gen. I think the NBA 2k series has done a pretty decent job with this.

some things that I would like to see...

Custom Logo Upload/Design Download
- I understand that some people will spoil this with racist/misogynistic/etc material but it's 2020 you have to be better about cracking down on this issue regardless. BE BETTER when it comes to penalizing these people and holding them accountable.
- If not custom logo uploads, at least an illustrator type tool with shapes to create custom logos like COD had, maybe still has idk I don't play that crap.
- If not either just please hire another GD student to crank out a bunch of logos to choose from. I'll do it. You have a bumblebee mascot option and a yellow jackets play by play option without even having a bee resembling logo. You're missing common play by play names such as... "bobcats" but you can be called 1 Direction and have a hot dog logo.......................

Arena Customization
- allow us to add more logos / text to the ice surface. You can keep the EA logos but give us a couple of slots for Tertiary logos. Allow us to add text around the center circle or at very least the option to add the venue name.
- different sized arenas. YOU HAVE THESE IN THE GAME ALREADY! I don't understand why you have community/junior/etc arenas in the game only in WOC and not offline modes. what, do you store them in the cloud? please allow us to add these to custom teams in offline modes. I would love to see some "college" influenced arenas in there as well. every arena looks the same right now - the only unique arenas are locked away in WOC. I just don't get that one.

Uniforms
- allow us to add text to the jerseys. for example... RANGERS in diagonal type.
Or BEMIDJI # STATE (top number bottom). Or MINNESOTA horizontally.
- matching socks to jerseys. jeez.
- add logos to collar / back of jersey / on the knees of socks.
- better goalie gear customization (add logos/type)
- goalie helmet designer
- player helmet design
- copy/paste goalie gear. also please stop the goalie gear from rotating like holy smokes is that annoying.

Custom Tournaments
- please please please allow us to create custom tournaments or at least sub out teams in the existing tournaments. I find it insane that we can't play a game on a neutral sheet of ice.

Bonus
- Winter Classic/Stadium Series. It's getting bigger and bigger every year.
- Locker Room Customization. Totally presentation based, but could be cool to see teams in the locker room before games/between periods and also while waiting for teammates in WOC.
- Custom Leagues. How many teams? How many games?

ROSTER SHARING /// ROSTER SHARING // ROSTER !! SHARING !!

I understand this is a niche market game with a small dev team and I appreciate the hard work you all put in year after year. Truly. Thank you. Just please take the time to beef this area up a little bit then sit on it for a few years until the next gen with minor updates every year. Basically, what you've been doing just... better. Hire me, I'll work for cheap. $$

Replies

• Also, I'd like to see the pre-Edge jersey styles present.
  • by me: roster sharing is not a work for EA.

sliders sharing
    rosters sharing
    created items sharing

who knows why EA has no this future which is absolutely free???
    My only reason is the all of them can be a payable in the future....

• i love how EA is like “don’t just yell about a problem but address a problem and present a better option” then when i take a few minutes to type this out they completely ghost me while responding to some kid saying “pLeAsE bRiNg BaCk ThReEs fRoM 19 !!!” ........
  • Im sure this has been touched on before but, open the ability to edit current NHL team jerseys in all modes.
  • One very important thing would be custom music to arenas. This would be the problem solver all of this crap music we have had since NHL 15.
  • refined98 wrote: »
    One very important thing would be custom music to arenas. This would be the problem solver all of this crap music we have had since NHL 15.

Your idea of "very important thing", and mine are vastly different.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • > @GoolashLantana said:
    > Im sure this has been touched on before but, open the ability to edit current NHL team jerseys in all modes.

That's a licensing issue. EA paid for the license and the NHL agreed to allow the teams likeness in the games.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4835 posts EA Community Manager
    Thank you for the submissions! We have a similar thread from a weekly discussion if you want to chime in there too.
  • Text-based logos would be very cool to see. Even if it’s just a set of “logos” that can be colored essentially using the pre-defined city and play-by-play names that have been given the greenlight by EA.
  • refined98 wrote: »
    One very important thing would be custom music to arenas. This would be the problem solver all of this crap music we have had since NHL 15.

Agreed!