EA Forums - Banner

99 Overall Team in HUT

2Next

Replies

• j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    smyth9779 wrote: »
    So why is it that when I play a team better than mine I have no issues? I either win or lose a close game. As soon as I get. Team with garbage players, they are unstoppable.? I have zero connection issues btw.

Confirmation bias. And the zero connection issues is an assumption on your part. There's more to the connection than just you and EA's servers.
    There definitely is... :#
  • Nyrangersfan05
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    MFin04 wrote: »
    These clearly need to be fixed. A 99 and 98 goalie should get you a 99 overall Goalie Ranking. And obviously a 99 goalie and a 99 goalie should get you a 99 overall Goalie Ranking.

That literally makes it impossible to have a 99 overall team then?

Fix your goalie rankings EA. Thanks.

I would have to agree as the basis for the ranking seems skewed. I also have two 99 overall goalies, yet can only get my team goalie overall to 97, and team overall to 98. BUT I just played a team whose two goalies were a 98 ovr Carey Price and a 91 Jimmy Howard as BU. For whatever reason, that persons team had a full 99 team overall with a 99 overall goalie rating?!? How can two 99 overall goalies have a worse combined overall than a 98 and a 91 ?!?!?!?!?!?
    Post edited by Nyrangersfan05 on
  • MFin04 wrote: »
    These clearly need to be fixed. A 99 and 98 goalie should get you a 99 overall Goalie Ranking. And obviously a 99 goalie and a 99 goalie should get you a 99 overall Goalie Ranking.

I would have to agree as the basis for the ranking seems skewed. I also have two 99 overall goalies, yet can only get my team goalie overall to 97, and team overall to 98. BUT I just played a team whose two goalies were a 98 ovr Carey Price and a 91 Jimmy Howard as BU. For whatever reason, that persons team had a full 99 team overall with a 99 overall goalie rating?!? How can two 99 overall goalies have a worse combined overall than a 98 and a 91 ?!?!?!?!?!?

Anything EA?!?!? If anything at least an explanation here if you’re not going to fix the rating system.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager

Anything EA?!?!? If anything at least an explanation here if you’re not going to fix the rating system.

We don't have any further details on this. Keep in mind, it's more about the individual ability scores rather than the overalls of the players.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

We don't have any further details on this. Keep in mind, it's more about the individual ability scores rather than the overalls of the players.

I do keep that in mind, and I’m not making this assumption just based on a cards face overall, I take into account each individual player stat, which is why I asked, when viewing another Teams lineup in squad battles. How does a 98 ovr Carey Price + a 91 ovr Jimmy Howard equal a 99 team goalie overall but my two 99 goalies only get me to 97 team goalie overall. While doing my own comparison(I’m not just basing this on the flat player card face overall stat) I’ve done the math with each individual stat, my combined stats ( comparing stat to stat) out stat his goalies (except for aggression as it seems you have that nerfed on newer releases of goalies to keep them from leaving the net to far) but my other stats still made up for my two goalies lack of aggression and I averaged a higher overall than his two goalies, yet he had a 99 overall team goalie rating. (His two goalies combined came out with an average overall of 95.7 (99 team goalie rating) my two goalies combined overall averaged out to be 98.4(with a 97 overall team goalie rating)) So it seems there’s more to it than just what the combined overall of what all your goalies stats are. So if a goalies individual stats aren’t what make up the team overall goalie stat, If you could elaborate as to what else does go into it so that the picture is clearer that’d be nice.

I do keep that in mind, and I’m not making this assumption just based on a cards face overall, I take into account each individual player stat, which is why I asked, when viewing another Teams lineup in squad battles. How does a 98 ovr Carey Price + a 91 ovr Jimmy Howard equal a 99 team goalie overall but my two 99 goalies only get me to 97 team goalie overall. While doing my own comparison(I’m not just basing this on the flat player card face overall stat) I’ve done the math with each individual stat, my combined stats ( comparing stat to stat) out stat his goalies (except for aggression as it seems you have that nerfed on newer releases of goalies to keep them from leaving the net to far) but my other stats still made up for my two goalies lack of aggression and I averaged a higher overall than his two goalies, yet he had a 99 overall team goalie rating. (His two goalies combined came out with an average overall of 95.7 (99 team goalie rating) my two goalies combined overall averaged out to be 98.4(with a 97 overall team goalie rating)) So it seems there’s more to it than just what the combined overall of what all your goalies stats are. So if a goalies individual stats aren’t what make up the team overall goalie stat, If you could elaborate as to what else does go into it so that the picture is clearer that’d be nice.

You're probably referring to the featured squad in squad battles? Where it should be a 95 team, but is boosted to 99? It's just a lazy way to artificially create difficulty. Easier to juice the ai to basically broken level, than program better ai.

You're probably referring to the featured squad in squad battles? Where it should be a 95 team, but is boosted to 99? It's just a lazy way to artificially create difficulty. Easier to juice the ai to basically broken level, than program better ai.

I am talking about squad battle teams but when I noticed the issue It wasn’t on the actual featured squad. It was on just one of the 4 random daily squads (but I do see what you mean, the featured squad this week has a few 90 or lower ovr skaters plus only 94 and 98 ovr goalies yet the team is a full 99.)
  • Has anyone got their team to a 99 overall yet? Just got 2 99 goalies and still a 98 overall team, and 98 goalie rating. No clue how that happens. They better fix that soon.
  • EA_Aljo
    Has anyone got their team to a 99 overall yet? Just got 2 99 goalies and still a 98 overall team, and 98 goalie rating. No clue how that happens. They better fix that soon.

The individual attributes are counted when calculating the overall. It's not just an average of the overall of each player.
    Has anyone got their team to a 99 overall yet? Just got 2 99 goalies and still a 98 overall team, and 98 goalie rating. No clue how that happens. They better fix that soon.

The individual attributes are counted when calculating the overall. It's not just an average of the overall of each player.

I don't really care how it is calculated, it needs to be fixed. If a goalie with all 17 99s, and 1 84, isn't a 99 overall goalie the system is broken. Just fix it please. Or make it a weighted average or whatever.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I don't really care how it is calculated, it needs to be fixed. If a goalie with all 17 99s, and 1 84, isn't a 99 overall goalie the system is broken. Just fix it please. Or make it a weighted average or whatever.

Regardless of the overall being 98 or 99, that doesn't change the performance of the players. They are still behaving according to their individual attributes. We're not aware of any issues with the overall displaying incorrectly.

Regardless of the overall being 98 or 99, that doesn't change the performance of the players. They are still behaving according to their individual attributes. We're not aware of any issues with the overall displaying incorrectly.

So it is impossible to get an overall goalie rating of 99 in this game? And it is impossible to get an overall team rating of 99 in the game?
  • EA_Aljo

So it is impossible to get an overall goalie rating of 99 in this game? And it is impossible to get an overall team rating of 99 in the game?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but your team performs according to the attributes. So, having it say 99 when the attributes average to 98, isn't going to make a difference in their play. I know you really want to see that 99 OVR, but it's really not going to have much of an impact on anything.