EA Forums - Banner

Tired of all these rigged games

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3203 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jplavoie96 wrote: »

This is intended so that defenders in control of the puck don't skate it into their own net and cause an own goal.

Couldn't you just make the defenders... I dunno.... NOT skate into their own net?
    Why is that such a hard thing? Is it the same reason the ai just skate into other skaters instead of trying to actually move around them?

Feels like the ai just have absolutely zero idea of where they or other skaters are on the ice at any given time.

Making the puck stop on the goal line is not even a bandaid because it causes the same stoppage when the opposing team shoots. Fix a problem by creating another problem, while ignoring the reason the problem even exists in the first place.

Are you saying when an opposing team takes a shot, the puck stops on the goal line? Can you get some video of that?
  • Haha! I've had that happened on a shot top corner, puck stopped dead 3 1/2 feet in the air. But it only happened that once.

The AI are capable of rapidly changing the position, angle, and direction of the puck when avoiding a poke check, for example. There's really no reason they can't be programmed to avoid 'handling' it into their own net. Or avoid running the tendy every time they approach either net, for that matter...
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Well, it prevents the attacking team from scoring a goal. If the defender is stupid enough to run into is own net, the puck should go in. That’s hockey and this is bad programming by the way, you guys cut corners on this and on so many other things to.
    Clearly you do not play defense with any regularity. Your statement assumes defensive positioning and skating gives us the amount of control required to not bump the net/goalie when playing in tight.

It does. It's poor programing of the ai that knocks it in when they rush their own goalie.
    If you're knocking the puck into your own net via your own controller input, that's on you.

I have literally seen auto-animations knock the puck in when I made no input with the right stick or bumpers. Also, it really is nearly impossible to have any FINE control over positioning in front of the net. When I started playing D, sure I would do stuff and cause own goals. But I have learned - like the rest of D play in this game - the only way to play good D is to try to put yourself in position and then basically do nothing. But even that isnt enough to save you from buggy mechanics, animations and AI .
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • If the technical test was anything to go by, we also lost the ability to just stand there and gain the puck with the automatic defensive abilities so 21 is gonna see an even greater uptick in goals
  • I get over speed and by far with my 99 player by an 87 player, winking by 4 goal at the biggining of third period and couldn’t almost touch the puck and win a faceoff when I was winning all faceoff since the beginning of the game. Finally i loose 6-4 and you said nonrighed game 😂😂😂
  • [quote="Z0mbieBabyJesus;c-2154060"][quote="EA_Aljo;c-2152780"][quote="jplavoie96;c-2152701"][/quote]

This is intended so that defenders in control of the puck don't skate it into their own net and cause an own goal.[/quote]

Couldn't you just make the defenders... I dunno.... NOT skate into their own net?
    Why is that such a hard thing? Is it the same reason the ai just skate into other skaters instead of trying to actually move around them?

Feels like the ai just have absolutely zero idea of where they or other skaters are on the ice at any given time.

Making the puck stop on the goal line is not even a bandaid because it causes the same stoppage when the opposing team shoots. Fix a problem by creating another problem, while ignoring the reason the problem even exists in the first place. [/quote]

Thats why the game is in the state its in. Theu dont fully flesh out anything before trying to add more to it causing problems that never get fixed and eventually it seems they back themselves into a corner and cant fix it because itll rip the other 5 bandaid fixes off.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

This is intended so that defenders in control of the puck don't skate it into their own net and cause an own goal.

Making the puck stop on the goal line is not even a bandaid because it causes the same stoppage when the opposing team shoots. Fix a problem by creating another problem, while ignoring the reason the problem even exists in the first place.

Are you saying when an opposing team takes a shot, the puck stops on the goal line? Can you get some video of that?

Are you saying you've never played the game?
    I can ask redundant questions too
  • EA_Aljo

I've seen the puck stop on the goal line when a defender is in control of it and skates it into their own net. This is intended. I'm trying to get some clarification on other times this is happening so it can be looked into.
  • [quote="EA_Aljo;c-2154496"][quote="Z0mbieBabyJesus;c-2154494"][quote="EA_Aljo;c-2154072"][quote="Z0mbieBabyJesus;c-2154060"][quote="EA_Aljo;c-2152780"][quote=[/quote]

This is intended so that defenders in control of the puck don't skate it into their own net and cause an own goal.[/quote]

Making the puck stop on the goal line is not even a bandaid because it causes the same stoppage when the opposing team shoots. Fix a problem by creating another problem, while ignoring the reason the problem even exists in the first place. [/quote]

Are you saying when an opposing team takes a shot, the puck stops on the goal line? Can you get some video of that?[/quote]

I can ask redundant questions too[/quote]

I've seen the puck stop on the goal line when a defender is in control of it and skates it into their own net. This is intended. I'm trying to get some clarification on other times this is happening so it can be looked into.[/quote]

Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.
  • EA_Aljo
    [quote=

I've seen the puck stop on the goal line when a defender is in control of it and skates it into their own net. This is intended. I'm trying to get some clarification on other times this is happening so it can be looked into.

Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.[/quote]

In order for issues to be investigated, we need to see them happen. Yes. We play our own game. I have a couple thousand games of NHL 20 alone. However, the only times I've seen the puck stop on the goal line is how I've described it. If this is happening at other times, we need to see it. I'm not saying it's not happening. We'll keep an eye out for it, but it would help significantly if we had some video.
  • Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.

There's no need to get this defensive over being asked to provide proof.

It literally takes 1 second to instruct your console to capture the last 30 seconds of video.. and maybe another 30 seconds to upload it.

Claiming a developer doesn't play the game that it's developing is also ridiculous.
  • EA_Aljo
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    It’s hilarious to think if they play the game as much as they say, they’ve never had the puck stop dead on the goal line and no matter how many times you hit the puck with your stick it doesn’t move. Video has been provided with the usual, “we will investigate.” The problem is they know there’s an actual glitch in the game but they don’t want to spend the time or money to fix the problem. Just ignore, deflect, and blame the player until the next game comes out.

We're not ignoring, deflecting or blaming you guys. If there's a video showing the puck stopping on the goal line without the defender in control of it, please post it. We're trying to work with you guys on this. Not against you.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.

It literally takes 1 second to instruct your console to capture the last 30 seconds of video.. and maybe another 30 seconds to upload it.

Claiming a developer doesn't play the game that it's developing is also ridiculous.

And yet, I know I have posted clips of this very thing happening as far back as NHL 18. I remember guys like @Bmh245 and @Taste-D-Rainbow post similar clips, just last year.

I agree that doubting the devs play their own game is a bit much, but at the same time it's a little disheartening to find out that all the proof we've been showing them for all these years... It means nothing. Because if they didn't "see" it back then when we posted it, what's the guarantee that they'll see it now and act on it? Are the legacy issues this game's been plagued with fixed? So how is that proof that they even acknowledge the stuff that we post?

Another point I'd like to make is that: we're not EA's testers. We shouldn't have to be. What's the incentive? Is EA all of a sudden gonna make the game more like hockey because we help them find these bugs they can't see by themselves?

When they start fixing long running problems that the game has had for over 10 years now. Maybe users will want to help out more. As it is now, this is just proof that no matter what we do, it gets ignored or conveniently "forgotten".
  • Socair
    2797 posts Game Changer
    There’s been plenty of video evidence shown in the forums and on reddit.
    Mind sharing where you see the video? Would help a lot more than just saying it exists.
    Fwiw, I must be lucky too cause I haven’t seen a shot stop dead when it’s beaten the goalie. I have seen ones that almost squeak through sit there and you can try to poke it in, or as has been stated, the defender pull it into the net and it won’t go in, which is intended.
  • EA_Aljo
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

And yet, I know I have posted clips of this very thing happening as far back as NHL 18. I remember guys like @Bmh245 and @Taste-D-Rainbow post similar clips, just last year.

I agree that doubting the devs play their own game is a bit much, but at the same time it's a little disheartening to find out that all the proof we've been showing them for all these years... It means nothing. Because if they didn't "see" it back then when we posted it, what's the guarantee that they'll see it now and act on it? Are the legacy issues this game's been plagued with fixed? So how is that proof that they even acknowledge the stuff that we post?

Another point I'd like to make is that: we're not EA's testers. We shouldn't have to be. What's the incentive? Is EA all of a sudden gonna make the game more like hockey because we help them find these bugs they can't see by themselves?

When they start fixing long running problems that the game has had for over 10 years now. Maybe users will want to help out more. As it is now, this is just proof that no matter what we do, it gets ignored or conveniently "forgotten".

Community feedback has been responsible for resolving many issues over the years. Not to mention it's also responsible for various other improvements, balancing, features, etc. that have gone in. Of course, every issue you guys bring up isn't going to be addressed. That doesn't mean anyone is being ignored or we don't care or we don't play our own game. Like I said before, we're trying to work with you. If we truly didn't care, we wouldn't be so adamant about this. We wouldn't be talking to you all with the hope that we'll get constructive input that can be used in the game in the future if it didn't matter.
  • Socair
    2797 posts Game Changer
    You’ll have to wait till nhl 22 I stopped playing on August 9th and have no plans to buy nhl until the game is specifically designed and developed for the new consoles. There have been many threads addressing this issue with video evidence but since it was months ago you’d have to go back to nov dec Jan feb discussions to find them. Pucks stop dead on the goal line from time to time and you can’t tap the puck in with your stick no matter what you try. The game only stops when the goalie finally can find the puck and cover it up. You don’t have to believe me but I’m not the only person this has happened too. Go to YouTube go to reddit and type in anything like dead puck at goal line for nhl 20 or can’t tap in puck at goal line for nhl 20 or magical redline in nhl 20. Plenty of videos will pop up but I’m sure it won’t be enough video evidence. I must be the only person on the planet to see these videos and of course the people who post them.
    Thanks for the extra insight.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.