EA Forums - Banner

Tired of all these rigged games

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2884 posts EA Community Manager
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    You’ll have to wait till nhl 22 I stopped playing on August 9th and have no plans to buy nhl until the game is specifically designed and developed for the new consoles. There have been many threads addressing this issue with video evidence but since it was months ago you’d have to go back to nov dec Jan feb discussions to find them. Pucks stop dead on the goal line from time to time and you can’t tap the puck in with your stick no matter what you try. The game only stops when the goalie finally can find the puck and cover it up. You don’t have to believe me but I’m not the only person this has happened too. Go to YouTube go to reddit and type in anything like dead puck at goal line for nhl 20 or can’t tap in puck at goal line for nhl 20 or magical redline in nhl 20. Plenty of videos will pop up but I’m sure it won’t be enough video evidence. I must be the only person on the planet to see these videos and of course the people who post them.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. The videos I've seen had the defender carrying the puck to the goal line. If it's happening in other ways, that's what we need video on. If we saw it before and noticed it happened due to something other than what is intended, it most likely was passed on to the dev team.
  • [quote="Tonysl79;c-2154511"]It’s hilarious to think if they play the game as much as they say, they’ve never had the puck stop dead on the goal line and no matter how many times you hit the puck with your stick it doesn’t move. Video has been provided with the usual, “we will investigate.” The problem is they know there’s an actual glitch in the game but they don’t want to spend the time or money to fix the problem. Just ignore, deflect, and blame the player until the next game comes out.[/quote]

You've clearly played EA games for a while. Lol
  • [quote="KidShowtime1867;c-2154513"][quote="CantHoldMeDown12;c-2154507"]
    Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.[/quote]

There's no need to get this defensive over being asked to provide proof.

It literally takes 1 second to instruct your console to capture the last 30 seconds of video.. and maybe another 30 seconds to upload it.

Claiming a developer doesn't play the game that it's developing is also ridiculous. [/quote]

Claiming they havent seen these things happen is also ridiculous and they treat us like were idiots who dont know any better. Video has been uploaded in the past. We were told its being investigated. Thats all we heard. Now its brought up again and they act as if this is the first theyve heard of it so im sorry if me being defensive isnt understandable to you and thats fine but to act like we havent seen this same blame,deflect, ask for video, ignore loop over already is kinda misleading dont ya think?
  • [quote="VeNOM2099;c-2154519"][quote="KidShowtime1867;c-2154513"][quote="CantHoldMeDown12;c-2154507"]
    Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.[/quote]

It literally takes 1 second to instruct your console to capture the last 30 seconds of video.. and maybe another 30 seconds to upload it.

Claiming a developer doesn't play the game that it's developing is also ridiculous. [/quote]

And yet, I know I have posted clips of this very thing happening as far back as NHL 18. I remember guys like @Bmh245 and @Taste-D-Rainbow post similar clips, just last year.

I agree that doubting the devs play their own game is a bit much, but at the same time it's a little disheartening to find out that all the proof we've been showing them for all these years... It means nothing. Because if they didn't "see" it back then when we posted it, what's the guarantee that they'll see it now and act on it? Are the legacy issues this game's been plagued with fixed? So how is that proof that they even acknowledge the stuff that we post?

Another point I'd like to make is that: [b]we're not EA's testers[/b]. We shouldn't have to be. What's the incentive? Is EA all of a sudden gonna make the game more like hockey because we help them find these bugs they can't see by themselves?

When they start fixing long running problems that the game has had for over 10 years now. Maybe users will want to help out more. As it is now, this is just proof that no matter what we do, it gets ignored or conveniently "forgotten". [/quote]

this. Thank you for understanding why i would be upset.
  • Socair
    2742 posts Game Changer
    Seriously? Ive seen this brought up countless times in the past 2 years alone. You guys constantly ask for videos like were lying even AFTER people show you videos. Clearly you guys don't play your own game cus we dont just make this stuff up.

Claiming a developer doesn't play the game that it's developing is also ridiculous.

Claiming they havent seen these things happen is also ridiculous and they treat us like were idiots who dont know any better. Video has been uploaded in the past. We were told its being investigated. Thats all we heard. Now its brought up again and they act as if this is the first theyve heard of it so im sorry if me being defensive isnt understandable to you and thats fine but to act like we havent seen this same blame,deflect, ask for video, ignore loop over already is kinda misleading dont ya think?

Never has anyone been called an idiot, asking for video evidence, so the issue can be addressed, is not uncalled for. Again, if you or anyone else can share those clips you’re aware of on here, it would be appreciated.
  • [quote="Socair;c-2154587"][quote="CantHoldMeDown12;c-2154580"][quote="KidShowtime1867;c-2154513"][quote="CantHoldMeDown12;c-2154507"]

Claiming they havent seen these things happen is also ridiculous and they treat us like were idiots who dont know any better. Video has been uploaded in the past. We were told its being investigated. Thats all we heard. Now its brought up again and they act as if this is the first theyve heard of it so im sorry if me being defensive isnt understandable to you and thats fine but to act like we havent seen this same blame,deflect, ask for video, ignore loop over already is kinda misleading dont ya think?[/quote]

Never has anyone been called an idiot, asking for video evidence, so the issue can be addressed, is not uncalled for. Again, if you or anyone else can share those clips you’re aware of on here, it would be appreciated.[/quote]

Someone else above said he posted those clips already. I am not going through the hundreds and hundreds of clips i have of questionable things from this game just to weed that out. When it happens again ill be sure to share it.
  • Better yet, how about an online match setup against the developers. Let them see
  • What a chore. I think I'm just getting numb to this crap now. I'm still on the fence about 21 because I don't think I can take another year of this crap.

3eYIPzs.gif
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    You’ll have to wait till nhl 22 I stopped playing on August 9th and have no plans to buy nhl until the game is specifically designed and developed for the new consoles. There have been many threads addressing this issue with video evidence but since it was months ago you’d have to go back to nov dec Jan feb discussions to find them. Pucks stop dead on the goal line from time to time and you can’t tap the puck in with your stick no matter what you try. The game only stops when the goalie finally can find the puck and cover it up. You don’t have to believe me but I’m not the only person this has happened too. Go to YouTube go to reddit and type in anything like dead puck at goal line for nhl 20 or can’t tap in puck at goal line for nhl 20 or magical redline in nhl 20. Plenty of videos will pop up but I’m sure it won’t be enough video evidence. I must be the only person on the planet to see these videos and of course the people who post them.

NHL 15 was supposed to be built from the ground up for the next generation console, look how that turned out. NHL 22 is gonna have 2 games modes, both will include mascots and clown gear.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »

NHL 15 was supposed to be built from the ground up for the next generation console, look how that turned out. NHL 22 is gonna have 2 games modes, both will include mascots and clown gear.

If NHL 15 was good for anything, it showed me that I can skip buying for a year and be fine. I hope those on the fence with NHL 21 because they "need their hockey fix" at least try to show restraint for a year and see how they feel, or at least wait till the price drops.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    What a chore. I think I'm just getting numb to this crap now. I'm still on the fence about 21 because I don't think I can take another year of this crap.

3eYIPzs.gif

Remember this. Post it to your Instagram, Twitter and Facebook feed and put a BIG OL time stamp on it.

Because GUARAN-LUVIN-TEED someone from EA will be asking you to post a clip of this so they can tell the devs because they've never seen it before and it NEVER happens to them. ;)
  • Things like this happen in HUT all the time , people have posted clips like this in the past and it doesn't get fixed it's very frustrating
  • EA_Aljo
    edited September 2020
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    What a chore. I think I'm just getting numb to this crap now. I'm still on the fence about 21 because I don't think I can take another year of this crap.

3eYIPzs.gif

Thanks for the clip. I've experienced this before myself so I can understand the frustration. In most cases, a turnover happens, but there are times when it doesn't. I'll pass the clip on to the dev team. Appreciate it.

I'm just noticing now that it looks like you tried to shove them at the last moment. That's not going to let you pick up the puck. Yellow also skates through the forward's stick which will not let them pick up the puck for a moment.

Also, with these 2 players so close in proximity, they are knocking the puck loose, but having a hard time picking it up again due to sticks passing through the players/sticks. That's something else at play here. Stick on stick and stick on body contact don't allow the puck to be picked up immediately. This is longer for stick on body than stick on stick contact.
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

3eYIPzs.gif

Thanks for the clip. I've experienced this before myself so I can understand the frustration. In most cases, a turnover happens, but there are times when it doesn't. I'll pass the clip on to the dev team. Appreciate it.

I'm just noticing now that it looks like you tried to shove them at the last moment. That's not going to let you pick up the puck. Yellow also skates through the forward's stick which will not let them pick up the puck for a moment.

Also, with these 2 players so close in proximity, they are knocking the puck loose, but having a hard time picking it up again due to sticks passing through the players/sticks. That's something else at play here. Stick on stick and stick on body contact don't allow the puck to be picked up immediately. This is longer for stick on body than stick on stick contact.

I dont see a shove. All i see are sticklifts being useless and the other guys stick goes through stuff to retain the puck.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

3eYIPzs.gif

I dont see a shove. All i see are sticklifts being useless and the other guys stick goes through stuff to retain the puck.

It happens when yellow is near the right faceoff dot. You can see his arms chicken wing like he's going for a shove or hit.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2020

3eYIPzs.gif

It happens when yellow is near the right faceoff dot. You can see his arms chicken wing like he's going for a shove or hit.

That's not Yellow hitting or shoving. At that point, he thinks he has control of the puck after two stick lifting attempts. After the 2nd one he thinks he's succeeded, so WHY would he try to hit his opponent when he has the puck?? He's not even facing him to be able to do so... It's the opponent that tries a shove, from behind and succeeds in making the puck go backwards into his own stick. He also managed to retain the puck through two full on stick lifts. And then finally regains the puck while facing the other way.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

3eYIPzs.gif

That's not Yellow hitting or shoving. At that point, he thinks he has control of the puck after two stick lifting attempts. After the 2nd one he thinks he's succeeded, so WHY would he try to hit his opponent when he has the puck?? He's not even facing him to be able to do so... It's the opponent that tries a shove, from behind and succeeds in making the puck go backwards into his own stick. He also managed to retain the puck through two full on stick lifts. And then finally regains the puck while facing the other way.

Heres video but it will like always be explained as if you did something wrong. Its clear to see the problems here and of you dont see it youre part of it. Sorry.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited September 2020

3eYIPzs.gif

Look, I can understand toss up plays happen. It's hockey. However, there's no denying the constant struggle to retain pucks on the defensive end. I think I do everything right here!

* 1v1.
    * Gap control.
    * Let him make his first crap deke move.
    * I don't penalty poke.
    * I match his speed and stick lift. I have to say, out of all the stick lift crap I see happen, I think it was a decent lift (multiple times).
    * I put myself in position to between him and the puck. I didn't shove. I'll repeat, there's no shove here. I don't need to! I'm in perfect position to puck up the puck, but somehow the magnetic automatic puck picker upper decides he should win the battle?

This game creates turnovers when you literally skate the puck by someone's stick and it creates a transfer. They don't have to do anything. They just need to stand there.

Here, try this. Try skating by a dude who's not playing off the face off. Watch the puck transfer right to their stick when you try to skate by. Now, on the flip side, try taking the puck away from a player who's not playing and see the kind of circus hoops you have to jump through to get it away. Just those two examples are a testament to how one-sided this crap is.

I know you're doing your best Aljo, but I'm sorry, you're just a human meat shield for the developers that should be answering these kinds of tech questions.
  • Stovetop9620
    455 posts Member
    edited September 2020

3eYIPzs.gif

Look, I can understand toss up plays happen. It's hockey. However, there's no denying the constant struggle to retain pucks on the defensive end. I think I do everything right here!

* 1v1.
    * Gap control.
    * Let him make his first crap deke move.
    * I don't penalty poke.
    * I match his speed and stick lift. I have to say, out of all the stick lift crap I see happen, I think it was a decent lift (multiple times).
    * I put myself in position to between him and the puck. I didn't shove. I'll repeat, there's no shove here. I don't need to! I'm in perfect position to puck up the puck, but somehow the magnetic automatic puck picker upper decides he should win the battle?

This game creates turnovers when you literally skate the puck by someone's stick and it creates a transfer. They don't have to do anything. They just need to stand there.

Here, try this. Try skating by a dude who's not playing off the face off. Watch the puck transfer right to their stick when you try to skate by. Now, on the flip side, try taking the puck away from a player who's not playing and see the kind of circus hoops you have to jump through to get it away. Just those two examples are a testament to how one-sided this crap is.

I know you're doing your best Aljo, but I'm sorry, you're just a human meat shield for the developers that should be answering these kinds of tech questions.

Well, your first mistake is taking logic from actual hockey (the way it should be) and trying to compare it to EA "hockey".

Your second mistake is believing (and you're right) that this will ever go away. EA NHL Super Awesome Dangle Snipe Celly Speed Burst 2021-forever is here to stay and there is, literally, nothing any of us can do about it.

Remember when you were a kid and you had a teddy bear? Loved the bear. But then one day your mom made you get rid of it and you knew the days of having a teddy bear were over forever? That is how EA NHL makes me feel. 28 straight years of buying a game that I have now realized is gone forever.

Sure, I could lie to myself and "be positive" that I'll enjoy this game again sometime. I hate baseball but play the excrement out of The Show. I guess I like it so much because it's actually baseball. A lot of people do, actually. Authenticity is not overrated.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!