EA Forums - Banner

Tired of all these rigged games

Replies

• EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jplavoie96 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    You’ll have to wait till nhl 22 I stopped playing on August 9th and have no plans to buy nhl until the game is specifically designed and developed for the new consoles. There have been many threads addressing this issue with video evidence but since it was months ago you’d have to go back to nov dec Jan feb discussions to find them. Pucks stop dead on the goal line from time to time and you can’t tap the puck in with your stick no matter what you try. The game only stops when the goalie finally can find the puck and cover it up. You don’t have to believe me but I’m not the only person this has happened too. Go to YouTube go to reddit and type in anything like dead puck at goal line for nhl 20 or can’t tap in puck at goal line for nhl 20 or magical redline in nhl 20. Plenty of videos will pop up but I’m sure it won’t be enough video evidence. I must be the only person on the planet to see these videos and of course the people who post them.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. The videos I've seen had the defender carrying the puck to the goal line. If it's happening in other ways, that's what we need video on. If we saw it before and noticed it happened due to something other than what is intended, it most likely was passed on to the dev team.

What about these videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/echmi4/that_incredible_invisible_wall_is_back_at_it/

Thank you. This is exactly the kind of video I was hoping to get. I passed it on to the dev team and have found out they know this can happen. It's a very rare issue, but they believe it's been fixed for 21. There have also been other cases of offensive pickups on the goal line pulling the puck away from the net rather than tapping them in that have been addressed. This goes for defense as well. They should behave better when the puck is on the goal line.

If you all see any more issues like this in 21, definitely let us know. We'll make sure it gets passed on to the devs.

I got tons of video showing the nice job your development team does:

Look at this one. Three times in the same game, Dmen bumps into each other after the faceoff. That makes me want to break my controller when this happen.

On this one, icetilt at its best. My own player passes the puck to the opponent to create a turnover. Lucky for me, I had previously knocked him down

Go on, pass it on to your dev team. Show them how good they are.
  • EA_Aljo
    3205 posts EA Community Manager
    You’ll have to wait till nhl 22 I stopped playing on August 9th and have no plans to buy nhl until the game is specifically designed and developed for the new consoles. There have been many threads addressing this issue with video evidence but since it was months ago you’d have to go back to nov dec Jan feb discussions to find them. Pucks stop dead on the goal line from time to time and you can’t tap the puck in with your stick no matter what you try. The game only stops when the goalie finally can find the puck and cover it up. You don’t have to believe me but I’m not the only person this has happened too. Go to YouTube go to reddit and type in anything like dead puck at goal line for nhl 20 or can’t tap in puck at goal line for nhl 20 or magical redline in nhl 20. Plenty of videos will pop up but I’m sure it won’t be enough video evidence. I must be the only person on the planet to see these videos and of course the people who post them.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. The videos I've seen had the defender carrying the puck to the goal line. If it's happening in other ways, that's what we need video on. If we saw it before and noticed it happened due to something other than what is intended, it most likely was passed on to the dev team.

What about these videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/echmi4/that_incredible_invisible_wall_is_back_at_it/

Thank you. This is exactly the kind of video I was hoping to get. I passed it on to the dev team and have found out they know this can happen. It's a very rare issue, but they believe it's been fixed for 21. There have also been other cases of offensive pickups on the goal line pulling the puck away from the net rather than tapping them in that have been addressed. This goes for defense as well. They should behave better when the puck is on the goal line.

If you all see any more issues like this in 21, definitely let us know. We'll make sure it gets passed on to the devs.

I got tons of video showing the nice job your development team does:

Look at this one. Three times in the same game, Dmen bumps into each other after the faceoff. That makes me want to break my controller when this happen.

On this one, icetilt at its best. My own player passes the puck to the opponent to create a turnover. Lucky for me, I had previously knocked him down

Go on, pass it on to your dev team. Show them how good they are.

In the first video they aren't picking up the puck due to the stick passing through the goal post.

I've seen that happen with faceoffs. Hopefully, we'll see that improved.

The last video is an unfortunate deflection for sure, but that's also a part of hockey. It's not due to ice tilt since that doesn't exist. Why force the puck to deflect to an opposing player that can't pick it up? Why not deflect it to the player that just came off the bench and has a clear breakaway? Regardless, we've been over this many times together and no matter how many of your videos are explained, you're going to believe the computer chooses one side to win and scripts the outcome. It's possible to find dozens of instances per game to support your narrative. Nothing we say is going to change that.
  • EA_Aljo
    An unfortunate deflection? Sure looks like a pass to an open player ready to receive a pass and somehow it bounces to a guy on the ice and the puck proceeds to stay there until he fully gets up? Really?

It's not exactly impossible for this to happen in real hockey. The puck is loose and reacting to the objects it comes in contact with. The game isn't forcing the puck to deflect to an opposing player as part of a script. If this were true, it would mean all the deflections that went to your players were also scripted. This isn't the case though. The puck is deflecting according to the angle at which the collision occurs, the rate it's moving and the edges of the objects it hits.
  • 1st clip: I think puck was not in (total) control of any player so it should've gone in the net, not stop at the goal line like that at all... So the band-aid programming to prevent own goals took too much control in this one?
    "they aren't picking up the puck due to the stick passing through the goal post."
    In other words, it works like it is programmed? But should sticks pass through the goal post? No >>> I'd say "not-too-good" physics programming.

2nd clip: poor A.I. programming. As simple as that.
    Hopefully, we'll see that improved.
    Agreed 100%.

3rd clip: There's no ice tilt in this one. :) I think the pass is going to #11 but "unfortunately" #19 is also interested to pick it and result is that puck deflects (directly, of course :D) to opponent and without any more deflection stops there like glued (ICE TILT! no, but that kind of stuff doesn't help though). The way the puck deflects straight to that opponent and stops there is a good example how the puck always seems to have a target rather than a "free" direction. I'd put this one into "not-too-good" A.I./puck physics programming.
    An unfortunate deflection? Sure looks like a pass to an open player ready to receive a pass and somehow it bounces to a guy on the ice and the puck proceeds to stay there until he fully gets up? Really?

It's not exactly impossible for this to happen in real hockey. The puck is loose and reacting to the objects it comes in contact with. The game isn't forcing the puck to deflect to an opposing player as part of a script. If this were true, it would mean all the deflections that went to your players were also scripted. This isn't the case though. The puck is deflecting according to the angle at which the collision occurs, the rate it's moving and the edges of the objects it hits.

You can't possibly say that and claim to play the game with any regularity and actually believe what you typed.

Passes are constantly "given" to the other team regardless of having perfect aim. Play squad battles on super star and it's crystal clear that while the game as a whole isn't scripted, rebounds and passes that go inexplicably to the other team absolutely are scripted, shots clearly aimed before during after after release go nowhere near where you aimed but right into the goalies chest while he's sitting on the side of the net, when you actually aimed right into a wide open net on the opposite side.

You can't possibly say that and claim to play the game with any regularity and actually believe what you typed.

Passes are constantly "given" to the other team regardless of having perfect aim. Play squad battles on super star and it's crystal clear that while the game as a whole isn't scripted, rebounds and passes that go inexplicably to the other team absolutely are scripted, shots clearly aimed before during after after release go nowhere near where you aimed but right into the goalies chest while he's sitting on the side of the net, when you actually aimed right into a wide open net on the opposite side.

Totally agree with you but EA_Aljo wants video proof so here's two videos from my yesterday SB games for him.

In this video, I aimed my pass at #55 Éric Dazé which is wide open. The puck ended up on my opponent stick and that was the last time I had possession of it.

In this one, I want to give the puck to the defenceman across the ice for a onetimer shot. The pass went behind to Sundin which after, gave the puck avay to the opposing team.

I easily won these two games but that's not point. Even if we aim correctly, we never know where the pass is going to end up.
  • EA_Aljo

Totally agree with you but EA_Aljo wants video proof so here's two videos from my yesterday SB games for him.

In this video, I aimed my pass at #55 Éric Dazé which is wide open. The puck ended up on my opponent stick and that was the last time I had possession of it.

In this one, I want to give the puck to the defenceman across the ice for a onetimer shot. The pass went behind to Sundin which after, gave the puck avay to the opposing team.

I easily won these two games but that's not point. Even if we aim correctly, we never know where the pass is going to end up.

If you're talking about the pass you made at the 5 second mark, it went where you aimed. The video shows you made the pass before you finished moving your stick towards Daze. Which is why you see the trailing dots. The pass was made, while aiming for the pass, but the trigger for the pass was released before aiming was finished.

In the second video, your pass also went where you aimed. The aim is around 3:00, which is where Sundin is.

If you're talking about the pass you made at the 5 second mark, it went where you aimed. The video shows you made the pass before you finished moving your stick towards Daze. Which is why you see the trailing dots. The pass was made, while aiming for the pass, but the trigger for the pass was released before aiming was finished.

In the second video, your pass also went where you aimed. The aim is around 3:00, which is where Sundin is.

Are you for real man. I'm a division 2 player so I know how to aim.

Here's another one for you. A Rival game (the most rigged mode to my opinion) that I played yesterday. The guy had 3 goals on 7 shots.
    bjbyf6eddfl3.png

While he's goalie kept making grand larceny saves mind, 98 overall Demko, couldn't stop a blue line wtrister.

So there's no DDA or icetilt here right EA_Aljo, the best player always win.
  • EA_Aljo
    edited September 2020

Here's another one for you. A Rival game (the most rigged mode to my opinion) that I played yesterday. The guy had 3 goals on 7 shots.

While he's goalie kept making grand larceny saves mind, 98 overall Demko, couldn't stop a blue line wtrister.

Your video shows where you're aiming. That's why your passes went where they did.

Shots from the blue line are going to go in occasionally. The high majority of them will be stopped. You also see this in real hockey. We've been over this many, many times. Nothing I say is going to change your mind that the game doesn't give you all your wins unfairly. We'll have to just agree to disagree at this point. I've broken down many of your videos and explained what's happening, but there's a refusal to believe that. So, going forward, it's pointless to continue doing so.

• jplavoie96 wrote: »

bjbyf6eddfl3.png

I feel it man! Last night in EASHL we had the puck over twice as long, put 3 times as many shots (and MUCH better shots) I don't know how many 1'ts or writers hitting posts.. I think we had 45 shots on goal. They beat us 2-1.. their loan CPU had two goals.. we weren't allowed to hit him.. because he's a cpu and we lost.. 1 goal on 45 shots.. and I would say 95% were REALLY good looks. 5% throwing it on net hoping for a good rebound.. of course rebounds always go to computers but that's just good physics I think, right?

Your video shows where you're aiming. That's why your passes went where they did.

Shots from the blue line are going to go in occasionally. The high majority of them will be stopped. You also see this in real hockey. We've been over this many, many times. Nothing I say is going to change your mind that the game doesn't give you all your wins unfairly. We'll have to just agree to disagree at this point. I've broken down many of your videos and explained what's happening, but there's a refusal to believe that. So, going forward, it's pointless to continue doing so.

When you say "You also see this in real hockey". Your argument is weak. Anything can happen during a hockey game but it doesn't happen over and over again. When was the last time you watched an NHL game where a team won 3-1 with only 7 shots or a team had 45 shots but only scored 1 goal?
  • EA_Aljo

When you say "You also see this in real hockey". Your argument is weak. Anything can happen during a hockey game but it doesn't happen over and over again. When was the last time you watched an NHL game where a team won 3-1 with only 7 shots or a team had 45 shots but only scored 1 goal?

There are many reasons why someone can win on 7 shots, but it has nothing to do with the game choosing one side to win over the other as that doesn't exist.

At this point, all has been said about this that can be. There is no ice tilt or DDA in NHL. None whatsoever. It 100% does not exist. We have repeatedly said this for many years. I'm now locking this thread. We have reviewed many videos you and others have submitted. Nothing shows any evidence that the game is picking who wins based on whatever assumptions people have.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.