edited September 17
    SturmWolfe wrote: »
    https://m.twitch.tv/videos/736735275

Here's a perfect video example.

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

Three players to take on a 95 Lemieux. They're body checking him, poke checking, and stick lifting.
    My 99 Wayne Gretzky and 98 Samuel Girard can't get one player off the puck.

What does he do? Spams stick lift to maintain puck possession.

Its way op ,you don't even have to be in a good position to get a stick lift ,and you can spam like crazy and hardly get a penalty

This is so ridiculous I would post a clip but I don't think it would be much help

Please do post footage. I made this thread to point out the obvious parts of the game that require fixing and / or balancing. It does help.

You know Wolf someone posted a clip something a little similar in another another thread and like always they made it seem like he did something wrong ,it's frustrating enough to play this game and seeing and having to play thru all the exploits but then post something and then being told nah the game is good it's you that's the problem , it's even more frustrating , that's why I don't post anything

That’s not the case at all. It doesn’t make sense to ask for videos and blindly shoot them down. There’s another video in that thread that clearly illustrates a problem and it’s accepted as such, thanked and shared with devs.

Share video of bugs or issues. It’s not being met with blind disregard.
    Post edited by Socair on
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

Three players to take on a 95 Lemieux. They're body checking him, poke checking, and stick lifting.

Its way op ,you don't even have to be in a good position to get a stick lift ,and you can spam like crazy and hardly get a penalty

This is so ridiculous I would post a clip but I don't think it would be much help

Please do post footage. I made this thread to point out the obvious parts of the game that require fixing and / or balancing. It does help.

You know Wolf someone posted a clip something a little similar in another another thread and like always they made it seem like he did something wrong ,it's frustrating enough to play this game and seeing and having to play thru all the exploits but then post something and then being told nah the game is good it's you that's the problem , it's even more frustrating , that's why I don't post anything

That’s not the case at all. It doesn’t make sense to ask for videos and blindly shoot them down. There’s another video in that thread that clearly illustrates a problem and it’s accepted as such, thanked and shared with devs.

And I have posted an example in here. So far there's been tumbleweeds.

I watched the NHL 21 gameplay reveal trailer and while it's nice the defensive AI is getting improved. It didn't show any new improvements to player controlled defensive abilities.

The last thing I would want is being stuck with the same NHL 20 player controlled defense.
  • No the gameplay trailer just showed so many new ways defence is going to get screwed....
  • EA_Aljo
    1699 posts EA Community Manager
    Socair wrote: »

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

I watched the NHL 21 gameplay reveal trailer and while it's nice the defensive AI is getting improved. It didn't show any new improvements to player controlled defensive abilities.

The last thing I would want is being stuck with the same NHL 20 player controlled defense.

Lately, when I break down a video and explain what's happening I get told that people don't care about mechanics and why events happen. They just don't like that the game plays how it does and to fix it. So, the video is most definitely appreciated, but commenting on it isn't going to be beneficial.

• EA_Aljo wrote: »

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

Lately, when I break down a video and explain what's happening I get told that people don't care about mechanics and why events happen. They just don't like that the game plays how it does and to fix it. So, the video is most definitely appreciated, but commenting on it isn't going to be beneficial.

So you finally understand? We don't want to know why it feels broken. We want to talk about options to make it better. Add to that, that often aljo, you have a tendency to point blame at the customer instead of diffusing and having a constructive conversation about why we would like it changed. No offence but that is NEVER the way to deal with customers
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

So you finally understand? We don't want to know why it feels broken. We want to talk about options to make it better. Add to that, that often aljo, you have a tendency to point blame at the customer instead of diffusing and having a constructive conversation about why we would like it changed. No offence but that is NEVER the way to deal with customers

It is always the intent to promote constructive conversation. Educating the community on how the mechanics of the game work is part of that. Unfortunately, there have been times when what I said was taken completely differently than intended. No matter how much we try to engage in constructive conversation, it very frequently turns otherwise. Which is why there's less communication than previously.
  • So about the stick lift ....the stick lift on OFFENSE is way op and very forgiving while on DEFENSE it isn't you need to find a balance

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

It is always the intent to promote constructive conversation. Educating the community on how the mechanics of the game work is part of that. Unfortunately, there have been times when what I said was taken completely differently than intended. No matter how much we try to engage in constructive conversation, it very frequently turns otherwise. Which is why there's less communication than previously.

Some of the things Aljo has said have rubbed me the wrong way but over time I've realized its just a matter of perspective. We want it to stop being "broke" and Aljo is usually just trying to tell you how to best cope with it for now, because it is broke.

We always focus on wanting a solution, he's focused on helping you get by until next year when that solution may actually happen. Keeping that in mind when reading his comments I've had no problems. Or maybe I've misunderstood and I give him too much credit 😅
  • EA_Aljo
    jrago73 wrote: »

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

Some of the things Aljo has said have rubbed me the wrong way but over time I've realized its just a matter of perspective. We want it to stop being "broke" and Aljo is usually just trying to tell you how to best cope with it for now, because it is broke.

We always focus on wanting a solution, he's focused on helping you get by until next year when that solution may actually happen. Keeping that in mind when reading his comments I've had no problems. Or maybe I've misunderstood and I give him too much credit 😅

I'm definitely sorry if anything I said rubbed you the wrong way. It's certainly not intended. It's always been my goal here to foster friendly and constructive conversation, but even with the best of intents, it frequently doesn't turn out that way.

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

I appreciate that it is acknowledged. I do want to know if player controlled defense has been adjusted though?

What has happened in NHL 18/19/20 has been defense checking offense with offense immediately stick lifting (spamming most of the time) and there's nothing you can do about it defensively.

The only way to counter it was to land a hit that would hit your opponent enough off the puck. Even then that would immediately result in their AI picking up the puck for them when your player is finishing their checking animation.

So it has been really a hit or miss situation. Relying on your AI to be in proper position when playing defense.

Not to mention players tying up other players in the defensive zone that are not actually infront of the net that would normally result in a penalty.

I see the gameplay reveal showed improved AI positioning for offense and defense but nothing for player controlled defense options?
  • SturmWolfe wrote: »

24zaapdcoe1p.jpg
    8e0e2h329kj3.jpg
    v2oni5fsed4a.jpg

I appreciate that it is acknowledged. I do want to know if player controlled defense has been adjusted though?

What has happened in NHL 18/19/20 has been defense checking offense with offense immediately stick lifting (spamming most of the time) and there's nothing you can do about it defensively.

The only way to counter it was to land a hit that would hit your opponent enough off the puck. Even then that would immediately result in their AI picking up the puck for them when your player is finishing their checking animation.

So it has been really a hit or miss situation. Relying on your AI to be in proper position when playing defense.

Not to mention players tying up other players in the defensive zone that are not actually infront of the net that would normally result in a penalty.

I see the gameplay reveal showed improved AI positioning for offense and defense but nothing for player controlled defense options?

It's always adjusted each year. Just might not be to your liking. Countering sticklifts have been in the game for a very long time. They know they are gonna get stick lifted with the puck so they are ready to instantly stick lift right back. That means you gotta be closer to the sticklift and turn almost immediately once getting it. Or you gotta play them into a spot where they don't have room to move if they are successful in sticklifting you right back.

Lots of times when devs and such would explain videos with answers people didn't like they would just get angry because they want their answer to be the correct thing, but when they tell you how it is then you just gotta accept what it currently is and hope they change things down the line. You don't have to agree with their assessment but saying they don't listen isn't the same as they feel it's fine or they will look into it and if they see nothing wrong they leave it alone.