EA Forums - Banner

Petition for create-a-play

Prev1
The game is what it is. The horse has been beaten post-mortem for long enough.

However, all of us whackos who enjoy the strategy of hockey are in desperate need of something. Run and gun is not fun for all. We have been repeatedly told how this game is for "everyone". Well, this is my request. Keep doing what you are doing, Ea. It is what it is. However, let me, and others, enjoy this game again.

Therefore, I am making this petition to bring back Create-A-Play.

Why?

Well, I want to program my players on breakouts, move-ins, offensive zone plays, powerplay movements, DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS. Hockey is a game played by intelligent people. Movements are deliberate. I cannot enjoy online play. However, with sliders and tuning my offline experience is manageable...with exception to player movements. Even with a sim-style game plan, my attempts are pretty feeble. Only a few plays I can run, move-ins, etc. It gets very boring and monotonous. 2 games, tops, is all I can really do anymore. Which is a travesty considering I absolutely love hockey.

This should be a pretty easy request. From what I understand, the movements in this game are designed with a system very similar to the actual Create-A-Play. The people who would employ this do not need a fancy UI. Give us a bare-bones CAP format.

Finally, this would do something for us goofy simmers...it would give us the ability to play the game the way we know how to play it.

Please, if you support this idea, add to this discussion. The way I see it, if we can get this back we can program the hockey plays we so desperately need and, seemingly, will never get.

Replies

• Im defenetly behind you on that, hands up! 👍
  • Yep, I’ll keep advocating for CaP and 2k-style AI instructions because that is certainly going to be a lot more feasible than programming great-reacting AI.
  • This would make it easy for EA. Rather than updating AI logic, let us do it to our own liking.
  • Oslik1000
    463 posts Member
    edited September 23
    I remember for create play 32 years ago.... it was working at wayne gretzky hockey 3! this hockey had so many future things we have not today....
  • This would make it easy for EA. Rather than updating AI logic, let us do it to our own liking.

Easy + better hockey plays = less complaints and more enjoyable gameplay. Many of the complaints on here would be mitigated if the AI was competent.

Easy + better hockey plays = less complaints and more enjoyable gameplay. Many of the complaints on here would be mitigated if the AI was competent.

Hey, I am just trying to help them out here. I figure why not just let us make the AI behave the way we think it should? Heck, imagine a roster/player/slider/play sharing system? You could have the community do a lot of the work. We would be more than willing I suppose!

Hey, I am just trying to help them out here. I figure why not just let us make the AI behave the way we think it should? Heck, imagine a roster/player/slider/play sharing system? You could have the community do a lot of the work. We would be more than willing I suppose!

Exactly! Let us “crazies” build plays and share them. Let us create a more polished hockey experience via a play builder and then users have much less to complain about if they’re not willing to put the time in to enhance their experiences. People like us are obviously willing too, just need the tool we used to have back.

Exactly! Let us “crazies” build plays and share them. Let us create a more polished hockey experience via a play builder and then users have much less to complain about if they’re not willing to put the time in to enhance their experiences. People like us are obviously willing too, just need the tool we used to have back.

Boom. Easy. Give us the ability to make hockey happen.
  • I'm in anything that makes this game play more like hockey is a great thing
  • Flying V for the win.

I think I remember this feature. What was the last title to have it?
  • Flying V for the win.

I think I remember this feature. What was the last title to have it?

13 had it for sure, did all old-gen games have it? Honestly can’t even remember.
  • I think the last game to have it was 14, @Mr_Darklighter

Used to sit there for hours and make all kinds of plays. The only real inhibitor was, eventually, you would have too many and it would be hard to trigger plays so you had to trim the fat until you had only a single left/right play from the trigger point
  • From AMA:

With the advancements to the AI, is there anyway in the future we can see the return of (and even expansion on the original) Create-A-Play?

-We can never commit to future features or if we will find new ways to bring back previous concepts but giving players more control is always high on our list and the create play system was great in my eyes and something that could certainly be even better with the tech available to us now.
  • AMA is the computer support?
  • Strange feeling, I wish for 22 to realese,
    1 month before 21 is about to realese...
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    AMA is the computer support?

The Reddit Ben Ross Ask Me Anything.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Strange feeling, I wish for 22 to realese,
    1 month before 21 is about to realese...

Yeah that’s because the writing is on the wall for 21. Chalk up this entire generation as a complete disappointment. Basically this generation was a 7-year beta as the foundation for the future has finally been laid. $420 to beta test if you’re an American, $630 if you’re Canadian. I’m somewhat (probably misguided) excited to see 22, but I have about as much excitement for 21 as coasters have for the Midwest lol.
  • 420 sounds more like Canada.. 🙄😏

Hehe but yeah, I dont feel you in on this 21..thats bad, im gonna miss your talk about the game.. But when 22 is about to drop the bomb, im gonna hype your face off... 😁😉
    420 sounds more like Canada.. 🙄😏

Hehe but yeah, I dont feel you in on this 21..thats bad, im gonna miss your talk about the game.. But when 22 is about to drop the bomb, im gonna hype your face off... 😁😉

I’ll play the trial and see, but my main sticking point is not wanting to create my league again. Way too much work for marginal improvements imo.
    420 sounds more like Canada.. 🙄😏

I’ll play the trial and see, but my main sticking point is not wanting to create my league again. Way too much work for marginal improvements imo.

I am SURE this is why roster/player/team/play/system share does not exist with EA. A lot of us would keep older games and just update them manually and not pay 60$ every year for re-heated soup.

Crazy enough, a ton of people buy The Show every year and they have all these things. Almost like they didn't develop an arcade, clown gear baseball game...