EA Forums - Banner

Top 10 Strongest Players in NHL 21

EA_Blueberry
3547 posts EA Community Manager
Here's the top 10!

Anyone you think should be included in the list that didn't make it?

gbwif46c3ssc.png

Replies

• Zdeno Chara the strongest... For some reason that reminds me of this section of a Steve Dangle LFR video (start at 2:22):

LOL! He's just such a beast!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Zdeno Chara the strongest... For some reason that reminds me of this section of a Steve Dangle LFR video (start at 2:22):

LOL! He's just such a beast!

Hehe next Eminem, fast with the mouth.. But it was entertaining 😁👍

Patrick Maroon is another big buff.. Looks kinda funny on the ice.. But he gets through.
  • Hey what does the strength attribute actually affect? @EA_Blueberry
  • 32Doak
    101 posts Member
    Clayton Keller

Im not the one that know, but my guess is that the stronger they are the better they can protect the puck and the other way, win the puck by bumping in to players, I also think they got some more to give in fights.

I wish there was an actual EA document laying all this out; what attributes affect what other attributes and outcomes.

Speculating...
    - Checking. If not the ability itself, I have to think at least the chance of causing injury from one
    - Shot power. It SHOULD have an impact on shot power but I am not sure if it does or not.
    - Outcomes of board play and other puck battles
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Hey what does the strength attribute actually affect? @EA_Blueberry

I wish there was an actual EA document laying all this out; what attributes affect what other attributes and outcomes.

Speculating...
    - Checking. If not the ability itself, I have to think at least the chance of causing injury from one
    - Shot power. It SHOULD have an impact on shot power but I am not sure if it does or not.
    - Outcomes of board play and other puck battles

Good suggestions, you have some 'clue' thanks to HUT when you build synergi's you get a explanation of diffrent attribute, but it could defenetly be more clear.

Shot power I would go so far and say its 70% technique, but of course, if you both are strong and have the right technique, win win.
  • johnny2fingaz
    226 posts Member
    edited October 2
    I speculated that it had something to do with being pushed off the puck or winning incidental contact. But isnt that balance or puck control? There’s a VERY old article talking about the attributes. It read that strength had more to do with the success rate of boardplay and tie ups
  • I speculated that it had something to do with being pushed off the puck or winning incidental contact. But isnt that balance or puck control? There’s a VERY old article talking about the attributes. It read that strength had more to do with the success rate of boardplay and tie ups

Yes but I still have to think that some attributes must affect others? Like, why would't strength affect shot power for example. I mean, maybe it doesnt, but honestly if thats the case it seems like a nearly useless attribute to even worry about
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I realllly think it helps with shot power.. make a 6'9 270lb enforcer and put on a slap shot and see the power behind the shot despite not having a ton of attribute points toward shot power.
  • I speculated that it had something to do with being pushed off the puck or winning incidental contact. But isnt that balance or puck control? There’s a VERY old article talking about the attributes. It read that strength had more to do with the success rate of boardplay and tie ups

I think they all mather, more or less. Strength defenetly affect tie ups/boardplay, everything thats involved physics play I would say.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3547 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey what does the strength attribute actually affect? @EA_Blueberry

This is a great question and we had similar ones just like this over the last year when players were asking what each individual attribute contributed to for NHL 20. I reached out and for the time being we will want to hold off on the specifics around this because there could be more definitive changes to each attribute leading up to launch on what they exactly do. So to avoid any confusion, stay tuned and we'll do our best to get that info out to you as soon as we can.

Others mentioned having a resource page for all the attributes so it's easy to pull up and reference. We're going to see if getting a glossary of attributes can be possible too.

This is a great question and we had similar ones just like this over the last year when players were asking what each individual attribute contributed to for NHL 20. I reached out and for the time being we will want to hold off on the specifics around this because there could be more definitive changes to each attribute leading up to launch on what they exactly do. So to avoid any confusion, stay tuned and we'll do our best to get that info out to you as soon as we can.

Others mentioned having a resource page for all the attributes so it's easy to pull up and reference. We're going to see if getting a glossary of attributes can be possible too.

If it can't be put into the game before launch at least post it up on the forums with details. It should be something known and not for us to guess what it does exactly. Some are obvious while others are not.

• So this whole thread is about who has the most strength yet we can't get a clear answer in what strength does.

Lol.
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > This is a great question and we had similar ones just like this over the last year when players were asking what each individual attribute contributed to for NHL 20. I reached out and for the time being we will want to hold off on the specifics around this because there could be more definitive changes to each attribute leading up to launch on what they exactly do. So to avoid any confusion, stay tuned and we'll do our best to get that info out to you as soon as we can.
    >
    > Others mentioned having a resource page for all the attributes so it's easy to pull up and reference. We're going to see if getting a glossary of attributes can be possible too.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Releases top 10 based on an attribute but doesn't even know what that attribute does. Sounds about right for this group.