EA Forums - Banner

NHL 94 Rewind

Prev13
EA_Blueberry
4836 posts EA Community Manager
9q0yejoa6fjw.png

Hey, NHL Community!

Today (10/02) the NHL team announced over Twitter that NHL 94 Rewind will be available to play on October 30th! NHL 94 Rewind brings back classic, fan-favorite modes from the original NHL 94, like Exhibition, Playoffs, and Best of Seven. It also features the original soundtrack, but adds a modern touch with current NHL players.

How do I get NHL 94 Rewind?
Anyone who pre-ordered NHL®21 before October 16, 2020 will be able to download and install NHL 94 Rewind on October 30, 2020.

What if I pre-ordered a physical disc version of NHL 21?
If you bought a physical copy of the game or from a different retailer than Sony or Microsoft, you’ll still need to redeem your pre-order code to get access to NHL 94 Rewind using the below steps.

How to Download on PlayStation 4
  1. Open your Game Library.
  2. Search for NHL 94 Rewind.
  3. Click Download.

How to Download on Xbox One
  1. Go to My Games and Apps from the main Xbox menu.
  2. Search for NHL 94 Rewind.
  3. Find the game and click Install.

Replies

• Haha, Hey ho, lets go! 👌
  • If and when I am forced to look at the same helicopter during a drop-in game after every. single. whistle.... I will come back to this thread and beg the question:

Who sets the priorities for this franchise, and why was THIS prioritized over improving presentation flow and/or other years-long issues that have been disregarded year after year?
  • If and when I am forced to look at the same helicopter during a drop-in game after every. single. whistle.... I will come back to this thread and beg the question:

Who sets the priorities for this franchise, and why was THIS prioritized over improving presentation flow and/or other years-long issues that have been disregarded year after year?

I agree with this. But I'm not sure how resource heavy this project is though. They're literally only editing a roster. Which surely takes time but it's not like they had to update the NHL rosters this time around.
  • No c'mon, I get what you sayin but this effort is strictly fun... Feels like no mather what EA put up, there's always this arguee.. They did put in time to BAP, gameplay and more.. Sometimes we need to relax abit. But of course it's good to have high demands.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    If and when I am forced to look at the same helicopter during a drop-in game after every. single. whistle.... I will come back to this thread and beg the question:

I agree with this. But I'm not sure how resource heavy this project is though. They're literally only editing a roster. Which surely takes time but it's not like they had to update the NHL rosters this time around.

I believe they also updated the graphics (a few expansion teams aren't in NHL 94) and would have to put some software engineers to work getting it deployable via XBox/PSN - it's not like Sony and Microsoft have emulators (for SNES/Genesis) on their consoles - so there's a lot more work involved than meets the eye.
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    No c'mon, I get what you sayin but this effort is strictly fun... Feels like no mather what EA put up, there's always this arguee.. They did put in time to BAP, gameplay and more.. Sometimes we need to relax abit. But of course it's good to have high demands.

Yes, I agree - more fun stuff is better.

I'm just saying that if NHL 21 boasts issues that have plagued the series for years - especially presentation issues - it would make me wonder why resources were put towards this and not tackling numerous 'little' things ie; making Drop-ins a pleasurable and dynamic experience.

And yes, the Be a Pro stuff is awesome - if it pans out to be as fun as the trailer makes it out to be - but if we're still seeing the same camera angles, same animations between whistles, same stats presentation and predictable a.i. - a re-release of NHL 94 seems.... wasteful.

• Yeah you never off the hook kidshow, and you might even be 100% right here, but truth is, the game not even out yet.. But I have a feeling it will be pretty good, at least better then 20..and im ready to give them that and relax abit, but next gen.. Im not lying if I say my expectations is pretty high here, and no goofing around.

But I will enjoy this nostalgia trip back to 94 with a little touch of the future.. 😃✌️
  • NHL 94 Rewind isn't really my thing. But if they could bring back that NHL 3v3 Arcade into the main game that would be great. It's like Mario Kart meets hockey.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Follisimo wrote: »
    NHL 94 Rewind isn't really my thing. But if they could bring back that NHL 3v3 Arcade into the main game that would be great. It's like Mario Kart meets hockey.

3v3 Arcade is probably one of my favorite games of all-time. I hope they bring it back too or add it into a future NHL title as a standalone game mode. Maybe an option for 3's where you can toggle those type of settings.

As for NHL 94 Rewind, I can't wait to get in a rematch with my older brother who needs to get a feel of what losing felt like when I was growing up playing it, haha.

How many resources could it possibly take took move drop ins back to indoor stadiums. even if its just something simple with no choice like revolving statically through all the NHL stadiums with those uniforms. THat would be 1000x better than the horrible outdoor experience.

How many resources could it possibly take took move drop ins back to indoor stadiums. even if its just something simple with no choice like revolving statically through all the NHL stadiums with those uniforms. THat would be 1000x better than the horrible outdoor experience.

You're assuming they even want to. I've yet to see them say anything regarding it.
  • hmmm zamboni96 will be back on board with nhl23 I think.....
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    If and when I am forced to look at the same helicopter during a drop-in game after every. single. whistle.... I will come back to this thread and beg the question:

You're assuming they even want to. I've yet to see them say anything regarding it.

No i'm not. I know they don't want to. If they did want to they would have done it. They don't want to do a lot of things that would be very smart and the overwhelming majority obviously want. Thats a big problem and why the game is in the state it is in.

I was simply adding to the context of the discussion.

• Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    edited October 2020
    Let’s get back on topic guys. There is a thread here discussing drop in rinks https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/262728/outdoor-rinks/p1
  • Will the classic NHL 94 organ music be included as well? If so, that should be used in NHL 21 too. That would make the game feel a lot more authentic.
  • Yes, between play organ music would be bad ****!
  • So maybe im dense but I dont understand this annoucement?
    What exactly is it doing? isnt there already an exhibition mode and playoffs and best of 7?
    Why is it associated with nhl 94? The gameplay is the same isnt it?

Feels like a misdirection publicity stunt to try and grab a few more sales from fans of NHL 94.

So its 3 modes....that are basically the equivalent of playing the same mode a few times....an old soundtrack and thats pretty much it?

• Hope they can add 94 rosters too. Then this addition will have extra value.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    Why is it associated with nhl 94? The gameplay is the same isnt it?

They are re-releasing NHL 94 on the current consoles, only with current rosters. No word on whether it will support online play. The gameplay is completely different than the modern games, obviously.
  • Is this playable online?
    If so, in what capacity? 1v1?
  • badnatey
    2 posts New member
    Kind of sad they couldn't add season mode. Oh well.