EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Early Look with Nasher

Prev13
EA_Blueberry
4405 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2020
Hey, NHL fans!

EA Game Changer Nasher is live right now on Twitch showcasing NHL 21.
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• what makes this kid a game changer? sub numbers?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4405 posts EA Community Manager
    Information on the Game Changer program can be found here: https://www.ea.com/game-changers

Sub numbers aren't necessarily a definite requirement. The team is always looking for players championing for the community and enjoy playing EA games.
  • Popped in for 5 mins only to hear him say "there's no delay online". What makes it worse is his followers are also brainwashed to believe this. Anyone who played the beta on the opposite coast knows that's a lie.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Popped in for 5 mins only to hear him say "there's no delay online". What makes it worse is his followers are also brainwashed to believe this. Anyone who played the beta on the opposite coast knows that's a lie.

He's paid to promote the game, so it's not too surprising to hear this.
  • I can't watch that guy, he annoys me so much. So that's a no. Though it would be a good time killer.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Popped in for 5 mins only to hear him say "there's no delay online". What makes it worse is his followers are also brainwashed to believe this. Anyone who played the beta on the opposite coast knows that's a lie.

Yeah and I guess their will be more people online to burden the servers further on.

And just beacuse he has no lag it dosent mean everyone is free from that.
  • Complains about cross crease goals and then wins a game with one. :#
  • Ouff...watched 5 minutes....gross gameplay.
  • Elite49 wrote: »
    Complains about cross crease goals and then wins a game with one. :#

I played 3 drop ins tonight. EVERY SINGLE GOAL WAS A CROSS CREASE! People were going in on breakaways and literally stopped for cross creases.

I played 3 drop ins tonight. EVERY SINGLE GOAL WAS A CROSS CREASE! People were going in on breakaways and literally stopped for cross creases.

And people complaining about the same type of goals... No wonder...

So? We all dislike that cross crease goals are so prevalent but not a single one of us would just stop scoring them. They account for like half of all the goals
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    32Doak wrote: »
    Elite49 wrote: »

So? We all dislike that cross crease goals are so prevalent but not a single one of us would just stop scoring them. They account for like half of all the goals

The problem is , your ai doesn't stick to the open man, if you play the puck carrier on defense , they just bail . Or even on the cycle , they will consistently bail, and your defense strategies mean nothing .

Since they increased AI awareness as far as looking for far side and one timers, but didn't give ai the ability to read passing lanes, judge speeds, shooting lanes, stick handedness of players, look for rebounds, Tie up in front of the net, push from the net , inside lane, or any defensive knowledge, this will be the year of the cross crease.

A cross crease should he effective, but you should have to work for one .

Let's also not forget that at higher levels, you're not restricted on pass assist, and this game auto sauces for you , closing the skill gap they keep talking about expanding , but do nothing to actually create one ...

Just cheese until the ai opens the lane, won't take long.

Some pretty bad decisions are far as I'm concerned , this game changer crew , and dev crew need to figure it out. Both aren't helping the game progress, feel more like a hockey sim , or even create a proper skill gap . They're failing hard at this. The choice of game changers was a poor one . Maybe it's time to get rid of them and get some people in that understand this game, hockey and what needs to be done and don't just agree with everything and one, actually have productive thoughts of their own, as they either clearly have none , or the devs aren't listening .
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    32Doak wrote: »
    Elite49 wrote: »

The problem is , your ai doesn't stick to the open man, if you play the puck carrier on defense , they just bail . Or even on the cycle , they will consistently bail, and your defense strategies mean nothing .

Since they increased AI awareness as far as looking for far side and one timers, but didn't give ai the ability to read passing lanes, judge speeds, shooting lanes, stick handedness of players, look for rebounds, Tie up in front of the net, push from the net , inside lane, or any defensive knowledge, this will be the year of the cross crease.

A cross crease should he effective, but you should have to work for one .

Let's also not forget that at higher levels, you're not restricted on pass assist, and this game auto sauces for you , closing the skill gap they keep talking about expanding , but do nothing to actually create one ...

Just cheese until the ai opens the lane, won't take long.

Some pretty bad decisions are far as I'm concerned , this game changer crew , and dev crew need to figure it out. Both aren't helping the game progress, feel more like a hockey sim , or even create a proper skill gap . They're failing hard at this. The choice of game changers was a poor one . Maybe it's time to get rid of them and get some people in that understand this game, hockey and what needs to be done and don't just agree with everything and one, actually have productive thoughts of their own, as they either clearly have none , or the devs aren't listening .

It should like with some added AI logic it could be easily fixed. We'll see if they bother to fix it. I hope they do. I haven't had a chance to sit down and play the game yet but hopefully I can before work this afternoon.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »

Yeah and I guess their will be more people online to burden the servers further on.

And just beacuse he has no lag it dosent mean everyone is free from that.

Every year the beta/early access is always the best experience because so few are playing. That shouldn't matter in this day and age. The resources should scale to meet demand. If its not thats on EA.
  • Wish this thread had a dislike button.
  • Sub numbers aren't necessarily a definite requirement. The team is always looking for players championing for the community and enjoy playing EA games. [/quote]

It would be awesome if you guys got away from Nasher. This kid is one of the reasons the game has gotten progressively worse over the last 6 seasons
  • Sub numbers aren't necessarily a definite requirement. The team is always looking for players championing for the community and enjoy playing EA games.

It would be awesome if you guys got away from Nasher. This kid is one of the reasons the game has gotten progressively worse over the last 6 seasons[/quote]

I'm not of fan of him either and I know he's a game changer so I hope that devs speak to him about this game because he's also complaining about the game play
  • LOL. Nasher complaining about cross-crease is a hilarious realization from a dude that has promoted nothing but offense.

I expect if Nasher is crying about it, EA will jump to attention like it's one of their CEO's calling the shots and not like us pitiful plebs that have been complaining for years.
  • Sounds more to me - the real problem seem to be that you can force the puck through 3 sticks in front, dont blame the cross creases for that. Usally not the goal itself thats wrong, it's the sequence just before.

Majjam~ have you played this EA trial? If so, what do you think of the game? I know you wasen't happy about the skating, still the same?