EA Forums - Banner

Hopefully BAP lives up to the hype

Prev13
Taste-D-Rainbow
2514 posts Member
edited October 20
Fingers crossed BAP really lives up to the hype. I've been asking Ben for revamped BAP for years and with the dropin community being as ... well ... as it is, this mode will either make or break NHL 21 for me.

I've skipped any cutscenes from streamers to avoid any spoilers. Gonna spend like 3/4 my access in there. Pretty excited, not going to lie.

🤞
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

  • EA_Aljo
    1919 posts EA Community Manager
    Fingers crossed BAP really lives up to the hype. I've been asking Ben for revamped BAP for years and with the dropin community being as ... well ... as it is, this mode will either make or break NHL 21 for me.

    I've skipped any cutscenes from streamers to avoid any spoilers. Gonna spend like 3/4 my access in there. Pretty excited, not going to lie.

    🤞

    Glad to hear about your excitement! Have fun and let us know what you think!
  • Fingers crossed BAP really lives up to the hype. I've been asking Ben for revamped BAP for years and with the dropin community being as ... well ... as it is, this mode will either make or break NHL 21 for me.

    I've skipped any cutscenes from streamers to avoid any spoilers. Gonna spend like 3/4 my access in there. Pretty excited, not going to lie.

    🤞

    Hehe nice move to avoid spoilers.. I hope it's gonna live up to your expectations! ✊
  • Played 3 hours into the EA Access. Same game. Same 🎃🎃🎃🎃. BAP didnt live up to the hype. See you guys next gen. Peace.
  • Yeah not surprised one bit. No reason to buy nhl 21. I’ll wait for nhl 22, maybe. Had little to no hope it would be anything more than patch and plug filler. 🤞🏼2k sports comes back into the fold and forces some real improvements at EA for nhl 22.
  • My heart literally snapped when I realized I could've spent time with my wife 😉 instead I played NHL and one my AI teammate who sucks absolute ... asked me if I wanted to go bowling for -20 management score.
  • the ai is still basically the same dumb AI , except they made them slightly smarter offensively on the rush . But not any smarter defensively , so be prepared for spin, spin ,spin until your opponent gets a step on you then cross crease, as AI , even on superstar, consistently leaves the man open far side .
  • thegarden94
    310 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Dixonyu wrote: »
    the ai is still basically the same dumb AI , except they made them slightly smarter offensively on the rush . But not any smarter defensively , so be prepared for spin, spin ,spin until your opponent gets a step on you then cross crease, as AI , even on superstar, consistently leaves the man open far side .

    Right on point ,it's the same game as 20 and in my opinion the defensive AI is worse
    Post edited by thegarden94 on
  • My heart literally snapped when I realized I could've spent time with my wife 😉 instead I played NHL and one my AI teammate who sucks absolute ... asked me if I wanted to go bowling for -20 management score.

    Hehe you were cheating on your wife to go bowling with an AI bot.. It's gonna be hard to explain.. 😬😏
  • They also made ZERO changes to coach logic, sorry they didn't add coach logic, and have ignored the importance of intellectual coaching since 04 when they actually had marc Crawford come in , do some videos , explain strategies and had create a play mode .


    Sad that nhl 2k9 is still ahead of this franchise, 12 years later, in many aspects.
  • You guys are funny. If you magically think NHL 22 is going to be different it won't. If you think NHL 23,24,+++ are going to be different then you are in for disappointment. The game will play the same with little changes here and there. All the sports games have pretty much maxed out their potentials.

  • My heart literally snapped when I realized I could've spent time with my wife 😉 instead I played NHL and one my AI teammate who sucks absolute ... asked me if I wanted to go bowling for -20 management score.

    Was there a terrible bowling accident at a previous management outing?
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    My heart literally snapped when I realized I could've spent time with my wife 😉 instead I played NHL and one my AI teammate who sucks absolute ... asked me if I wanted to go bowling for -20 management score.

    Was there a terrible bowling accident at a previous management outing?

    Torn ACL
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    All the sports games have pretty much maxed out their potentials.

    Just because EA is lazy, greedy and inept doesn't mean sports games are anywhere near maxing their potential. Unless you mean EA sports games only?

    But yeah I am looking forward to buying that beach house for my player so he can get a bonus to his skating or whatever... :#

  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    All the sports games have pretty much maxed out their potentials.

    Just because EA is lazy, greedy and inept doesn't mean sports games are anywhere near maxing their potential. Unless you mean EA sports games only?

    But yeah I am looking forward to buying that beach house for my player so he can get a bonus to his skating or whatever... :#

    MLB: The Show has maxed out it's gameplay
    NBA2K has maxed out it's gameplay
    Rocket League has pretty much perfected it's gameplay for well over a year or 2 now.

    What I am saying is that gameplay wise they haven't done anything to really WOOOOOOOOOOW in years. It's just small things here and there. I'm talking about gameplay perspective only. I don't care about fluff or offline.

  • As I see it, the physics, from puck to body contact, is whats left to squeeze out of the gameplay.

    And to keep polish on things thats already there.

    But the things around, sound and framing, leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Follisimo
    1029 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    As I see it, the physics, from puck to body contact, is whats left to squeeze out of the gameplay.

    And to keep polish on things thats already there.

    But the things around, sound and framing, leaves a lot to be desired.

    Of course there is always eye candy to be added to dazzle the game up but it also wears off fast. We could have new announcers and after a year people would be wanting new ones. I think in the next year or 2 we will see Be A Pro get an all-star game with skill competition. But of course people would just bore of that fast also.

  • Sega82mega
    1925 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Yeah it's true. Guess its human nature.

    I dont know what to expect from next gen, but somewhere deep inside, I hope they will be manage to catch an even more authentic feeling on the ice. But I have no idea how it will work.

    * that BAP thing you mention sounds cool!
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    As I see it, the physics, from puck to body contact, is whats left to squeeze out of the gameplay.

    And to keep polish on things thats already there.

    But the things around, sound and framing, leaves a lot to be desired.

    Of course there is always eye candy to be added to dazzle the game up but it also wears off fast. We could have new announcers and after a year people would be wanting new ones. I think in the next year or 2 we will see Be A Pro get an all-star game with skill competition. But of course people would just bore of that fast also.

    Of course , because the ai have no intelligence and neither does the coach , so it will be the same game of spinning around the ai, using the same deke , same crap , playing the same algorithm.

    Been the same crap ever since be a pro came out , if the AI don't know or aren't programmed properly, your teammates and opponents are horrid and , again theres no player tendencies no coaching to separate even the way teams play .
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Yeah it's true. Guess its human nature.

    I dont know what to expect from next gen, but somewhere deep inside, I hope they will be manage to catch an even more authentic feeling on the ice. But I have no idea how it will work.

    * that BAP thing you mention sounds cool!

    Just faster menus and slightly better graphics that you won't notice much. Response time for stuff offline could be improved too. But don't expect something huge just check out the other sports games and see for yourself.

  • It's funny because EA could easily update modes within the game look at SW Battlefront II, They added an extra story mode,more skins and a plethora of other game modes. NHL 21 could easily do this.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!