EA Forums - Banner

Human goalies are this games kryptonite.

It is significantly harder to play this D this year. I'll adapt but I'll never dropin with a human goalie. I've never dropped in and said "Wow that was an incredible goalie. I'm going to add him as a friend" EA make playing G easier or allow me to choose dropin with only CPU goalies. Goalies literally make or break the game and most of the time they're trolls

Replies

• How about stop wasting your time with drops and just stick to Clubs with friends?
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    How about stop wasting your time with drops and just stick to Clubs with friends?

Im 34 with three kids. I haven't played competitive club since 2015. None of my friends play NHL anymore. If EA wants to grow the game they have to grow the 6s dropin/casual experience and not with ones/3s.
  • I just dont know what you can do to combat this...honestly your best bet is to sign up to a 3rd party site like league gaming and just look for people that need a skater when you're on and looking to play. But yea, I dont know how people play drop ins.
  • Nylander88TOR
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'd play goalie but I only play offline.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1184 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    How about stop wasting your time with drops and just stick to Clubs with friends?

Im 34 with three kids. I haven't played competitive club since 2015. None of my friends play NHL anymore. If EA wants to grow the game they have to grow the 6s dropin/casual experience and not with ones/3s.

this is the opinion of many people and is spot on...some people just dont get it
  • I just dont know what you can do to combat this...honestly your best bet is to sign up to a 3rd party site like league gaming and just look for people that need a skater when you're on and looking to play. But yea, I dont know how people play drop ins.

this didn't used to be a problem. I played 50/50 drop ins /club a lot of very good club players did this. it was for fun usually after the main hours for club so you didn't have to sit around for hours finding games and didn't take it serious.

that is completely dead right now and completely avoidable. We have given EA tons of great ideas for solutions and not one single thing has been changed. Every single change they have made in regards to drop ins had been a bad one that helped ruin the experience since going to nhl 16.
  • Hockey is all about scoring. Defense and goalies don't matter in hockey.

this didn't used to be a problem. I played 50/50 drop ins /club a lot of very good club players did this. it was for fun usually after the main hours for club so you didn't have to sit around for hours finding games and didn't take it serious.

that is completely dead right now and completely avoidable. We have given EA tons of great ideas for solutions and not one single thing has been changed. Every single change they have made in regards to drop ins had been a bad one that helped ruin the experience since going to nhl 16.

The old lobby system was much better, but for whatever reason they're reluctant to address it. Many people use the chat boards on league gaming to find games so it sort of serves the same purpose. Not the most ideal, but it's all you really can do to make sure you're not in with a pile of turds every game.
  • Lobbies 100% are the solution. You can out the trolls with the chat, you can find games wayyyyyyyyyy quicker (not even a contest), you can have private lobbies, find people to play with, help boost population for clubs, etc.

It's an absolute no brainer.

Had it been in this year, day one purchase hands down. No questions asked.

The old lobby system was much better, but for whatever reason they're reluctant to address it. Many people use the chat boards on league gaming to find games so it sort of serves the same purpose. Not the most ideal, but it's all you really can do to make sure you're not in with a pile of turds every game.

they day 3rd party tools are your best solution to find games... is the day your game should be considered on a dying trend