EA Forums - Banner

Passes going through players

In an attempt to stop the horrendous cross ice one timers that seem like literally the only move any one uses, I've gone games where my opponent hasn't taken a shot that isn't a cross ice one timer, it's insane. Anyway I've had my d man lay down across the ice and yet for some reason, the puck goes right through them and to an open player. It's insane, there's no way of stopping it. If I can figure out how to post a video from xbox I will.

Replies

• I have a pretty good video of a puck going right under/through my guy who was diving; I'll upload it later
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I have a pretty good video of a puck going right under/through my guy who was diving; I'll upload it later

Thank you
  • Their has got to be a fix for this problem on the way soon or this game will fail and most players will stop playing. No way some of these passes when the defenders are in perfect position can be getting threw clean even when 2 players are on top of the shooter the pass still get threw. EA needs to fix this broken game ASAP.
  • why puck is going through???? who want it???? you can not sell game where puck is going through the body. it is nonsense.
  • EA_Aljo
    3202 posts EA Community Manager
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I have a pretty good video of a puck going right under/through my guy who was diving; I'll upload it later

We definitely want to see if the puck is passing through bodies and objects. When getting replays, try to get a good angle that shows the puck passing through them. It could be tough to discern that from a clip at an angle from above where you can't really tell if it's going under the player or passing through them.

I think for every one time i've seen laying on the ice successfully block a pass/shot I've seen 10K times it didn't. At this point I assume its a pointless function.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    516 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    woops, forgot about this post. Here is one of the ones I recorded; I had a better looking one in threes where it went under the stick but I can't prove if I was too early or not.

If you're gonna block a shot, you need to extend all limbs and press them to the ice - was this a 1 in a hundred bajillitillion shot how it went under my right arm? Sure, but doesn't mean I can't be salty about it. I figured with this vid my fingers should have done something to stop it.

The stupid L1 pass block is even worse; you make your body way too small and become completely static. I wouldn't mind so much if they implemented part of the goalie controls into the defensive control.

Also, holy cow I don't like moving that camera around in replays.

woops, forgot about this post. Here is one of the ones I recorded; I had a better looking one in threes where it went under the stick but I can't prove if I was too early or not.

If you're gonna block a shot, you need to extend all limbs and press them to the ice - was this a 1 in a hundred bajillitillion shot how it went under my right arm? Sure, but doesn't mean I can't be salty about it. I figured with this vid my fingers should have done something to stop it.

The stupid L1 pass block is even worse; you make your body way too small and become completely static. I wouldn't mind so much if they implemented part of the goalie controls into the defensive control.

It hit (should have) your hand. Plus, the fact there is a little gap shouldn't even matter. This opponent forced a lousy pass.
  • Sega82mega
    4227 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Good example.

I can swear it has to do with the way the passing player is with he's body when he pass the puck. He turns the other way, facing hes own goalie and then pass. Unnaturally pass by the physical laws.

Should be some kinda limit of how much you can 'bend' a pass like that, its like a hook pass but the other way.
  • EA_Aljo
    3202 posts EA Community Manager

Thanks for the video. I'd be salty about that one too. Can't blame you for that. It's also good to get some feedback on blocking shots. Definitely appreciate this.

Hehe gotta ask, why not, you get dizzy? 🙄🤪
  • Lol I feel like Darth Helmet going into Ludicrous Speed once it starts whipping around.

One thing I forgot to mention about shot and pass blocking is the loss of momentum when initiating it on a slide; I feel like it is unnatural how you just stick to the spot.

It's need extra button presses to initiate, but even a desperation leg flail (similar to a goalie falling to their sode) could go a long way