EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 has a serious problem

sgiz1
537 posts Member
This is by far the most cherry picking, breakaway happy, and 2 on 1 rush NHL game ever in its history. 90% of all the goals being scored are based off the rush.

I've been playing this game since NHLPA sega genesis so I go way back.

EA, you need to nerf this someway, somehow.

Replies

• Totally agreed. I played the EA PLAY trial and quit before my 10 hours were used up because even with proper positioning the forwards will turbo boost around your two defenders for easy 2 on 0 goals repeatedly. If you collapse in the zone early then they just skate in and snipe your goalie like every other year. It's like what's the point in playing even?!
  • I found it amusing when EA lauded their changes to the attribute system, speed in particular, yet the day the game releases you can have an entire team with mid to high 90's speed.

Incredible job!
  • only playing hut.the game play is worst with the speed meta and Ai at attack is scoring too much goal and still if we lower difficulty.i like the game outside in game play,its perfect except for glitch in auction house like sort by dman does not work. glitch for team of the week score,we supposed to have like 4000+ points for a win but i did have only half
  • EA_Blueberry
    4738 posts EA Community Manager
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    This is by far the most cherry picking, breakaway happy, and 2 on 1 rush NHL game ever in its history. 90% of all the goals being scored are based off the rush.

Are you changing up your defensive and offensive strategies at all?
  • You have to read the attacking player’s speed very early, and if you’re looking slow, you need to turn around, sprint to get some speed, then LT and face the play again. DSS is very good this year, I think the balance is an incredible improvement from 20, and I haven’t been burned much since day 1. The few times I was, was a result of some wonky physics along the boards as hits are not consistently registering there, but that’s a different discussion. I’d much rather have this than the super boring, cover the entire zone and ice sheet backwards meta we’ve had for the last two years.
  • CUBS
    18 posts Member
    [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2162401"][quote="sgiz1;d-264577"]This is by far the most cherry picking, breakaway happy, and 2 on 1 rush NHL game ever in its history. 90% of all the goals being scored are based off the rush.

EA, you need to nerf this someway, somehow.[/quote]

Are you changing up your defensive and offensive strategies at all?[/quote]

How would that effect Club 3’s when people use the cpu to as a safety to break out?
  • I played about 4 games on defense yesterday, no breakaways. You have to anticipate the play, know when to go and stay back and figure out the timing (similar to real life) of when to turn your back to the play to play a better gap and to keep up with the speedy forwards. Transitional skating is not broken at all, it's accurate. We can finally create nice passing plays that pay off offensively this year too where we can catch guys flat footed as well.
  • We can finally create nice passing plays that pay off offensively this year too where we can catch guys flat footed as well.

Agreed:

o2AdYM8.gif

Q2baLwe.gif

Bpdo4cx.gif

• We can finally create nice passing plays that pay off offensively this year too where we can catch guys flat footed as well.

Agreed:

o2AdYM8.gif

Q2baLwe.gif

Bpdo4cx.gif

Second was a real beauty.

* And the same thing for every clip, regarding the defense/opponent, everyone plays with there closest guy to the puck. Thats suicide. Try to think 2-3 step ahead, instead of, 'give me the puck nooow'...
  • EA_Blueberry
    4738 posts EA Community Manager
    CUBS wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »

Are you changing up your defensive and offensive strategies at all?

How would that effect Club 3’s when people use the cpu to as a safety to break out?

OP never mentioned the game mode and this wasn't posted under EASHL which led me to asking whether they're switching up strategies to see if that could be factor on what's contributing to the rushes.

Great passing in that last clip, @KidShowtime1867
  • one timer is real life,i prefer that than dekes every seconds from def zone to offense zone without a single pass
  • This game has always struggled with balancing rush vs in-zone goals. I don’t play 1v1 modes online but I can only assume this game hasn’t made that any better, but what I can say for 3s and 6s is that I find neither the rush or in-zone to really be better than the other. Good plays are rewarded regardless of play type so far in my experience.