EA Forums - Banner

Thank you EA for listening in HUT 21

KunFu_Panda_82
144 posts Member
edited October 2020
Oh did you think I meant they listened? I really had high hopes as everyone was talking that things would be addressed, not so much. There is still a speed issue, and endurance or stamina doesn't seem to matter this year even less than previous years. I played against a guy who played his first line all game and he was bragging about it, and they skated with me the entire period it was a joke. Back to the old, "wait a minute this guy is dominating the other player, let's fix it" feeling. Just play the game straight up and let the cards fall. Goalies not being able to stop anything, silver players outskating OVi, like guys really why do you do this to us?? OH yeah cuz your the only game in town so we have to deal with this nonesene again. Well done and snag my money you have won again.
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    Oh did you think I meant they listened? I really had high hopes as everyone was talking that things would be addressed, not so much. There is still a speed issue, and endurance or stamina doesn't seem to matter this year even less than previous years. I played against a guy who played his first line all game and he was bragging about it, and they skated with me the entire period it was a joke. Back to the old, "wait a minute this guy is dominating the other player, let's fix it" feeling. Just play the game straight up and let the cards fall. Goalies not being able to stop anything, silver players outskating OVi, like guys really why do you do this to us?? OH yeah cuz your the only game in town so we have to deal with this nonesene again. Well done and snag my money you have won again.

If you can provide some video of the issues you're seeing, we'll review it. This year's game is going to require some excellent defense. Better than in the past. If you're not used to playing a more conservative defensive game, you're going to get beat. I've been playing guys that chase for hits and it's leaving numerous odd-man rushes.
  • And I love it.. The best buff the defense got in many years, is that you actually have to play defense. Almost ironic.
  • You made the AI stupid in the defensive zone constantly leaving the back door open , having their back turned to the play , funny you wanted to prevent skill zoning but now they only way to play is to skill zone you buffed offense but nerfed defense game is unbalanced , again all you have to do is ask some of your game changers and I'm sure they'll provide you with some clips
  • All we need to know is how to control two players at once. Please advise. Thanks.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    All we need to know is how to control two players at once. Please advise. Thanks.

I would love to know as well , please tell us how , when you do switch to them they're out of position , again ask your twitch streamer's for clips
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

If you can provide some video of the issues you're seeing, we'll review it. This year's game is going to require some excellent defense. Better than in the past. If you're not used to playing a more conservative defensive game, you're going to get beat. I've been playing guys that chase for hits and it's leaving numerous odd-man rushes.

I will work on the video thing, not real "in the know" on how to do it but will google it. As far as playing defense, yes you do have to play way more conservative than years past, and I am ok with it, but my challenge is still the eneven play between teams, and the speed inconsistency in the payers. Yes with the puck players slow down I get it, but again make endurance/stamina mean something, when I catch a fresh OVI in stride at center ice, there isn't a D man in the league that can turn around and catch him so why does this happen? (maybe karlson or the kid in Dallas) but that is about it. Its just little stuff like this that could make a huge difference and allow Hockey fans, no video game players like this game just a little bit more. And yes the AI of offense is great, they go to open ice a lot more this year great job on tweaking this behavior, but on Def I would agree with the above person that said they look lost at times, so any insight on that is appreciated, and thank you for responding to my post.
  • [quote="thegarden94;c-2161610"]You made the AI stupid in the defensive zone constantly leaving the back door open , having their back turned to the play , funny you wanted to prevent skill zoning but now they only way to play is to skill zone you buffed offense but nerfed defense game is unbalanced , again all you have to do is ask some of your game changers and I'm sure they'll provide you with some clips [/quote]

This. The ai is insanely stupid so it doesn't matter how much you concentrate and play smart since it is like playing with one d- man. Online vs is horrible
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I will work on the video thing, not real "in the know" on how to do it but will google it. As far as playing defense, yes you do have to play way more conservative than years past, and I am ok with it, but my challenge is still the eneven play between teams, and the speed inconsistency in the payers. Yes with the puck players slow down I get it, but again make endurance/stamina mean something, when I catch a fresh OVI in stride at center ice, there isn't a D man in the league that can turn around and catch him so why does this happen? (maybe karlson or the kid in Dallas) but that is about it. Its just little stuff like this that could make a huge difference and allow Hockey fans, no video game players like this game just a little bit more. And yes the AI of offense is great, they go to open ice a lot more this year great job on tweaking this behavior, but on Def I would agree with the above person that said they look lost at times, so any insight on that is appreciated, and thank you for responding to my post.

If you're seeing that Ovi example you mentioned, it would be good to get video of that as well. You can google game DVR PS4/Xbox One to find instructions.

As far as AI behavior goes, you can try adjusting strategies to see if they better counter how your opponent is playing. I haven't played EASHL games yet with AI defenders so I haven't experienced how they're playing. In the past, I've set them to be really aggressive so they would attack the carrier more. I have a feeling that's not going to work as well as it did in the past. I'd probably set them to be very conservative so they hang back more and are better positioned to not get beat by streaking forwards.