EA Forums - Banner

NHL21 Offline Review..

First off what happen to the skating ?
it s all out of whack..
no top end end speed ...tuner 1.00 help a little bit..1.01 no weight to player it s insane!
i put the top end speed at 100..still the straight line speed is to slow
accelation to 23 ..i try to create some weight effect..in reality that sliders is just catch up speed
skating agility to 7...my god this one i had to bring it down players are turning on a dime..just awful

i had to go with game speed 1/6
if you go higher the whole game out of sync ,animation look weird ,especially the the skating
the first two or three steps look so weird ...at 1 it s the only way to have a decent overall feel
except the straght line speed ...

the hitting ..that to feel so weird ..how come you can t step up and hit a guy coming in at the blue line
somehow the player will just glide to the side and the cpu will have a nice breakaway or 2 on 1 ...

Ea fix a lot of animation compare to nhl 20
but right now nhl 20 look better and feel better...
nhl 21 need some serious tuning
So i hope in the next patch you will fix those two point ...SKATING+HITTING
cause right now this game is just o.k
fun ,but somehow i feel like it could be way better

cheers
MRSENATEURS

Replies

• yes.maximum speed is 1. game speed 0 is way better.... the game is too slow on 0 now ..

speed from 2 to 6 is insane. it is not hockey but lasergame. I found EA is making star wars games now. yes there is simply the same shooting system on nhl21 as laser sword make this move at star wars battlefield!
  • frenchfrog wrote: »
    First off what happen to the skating ?
    it s all out of whack..
    no top end end speed ...tuner 1.00 help a little bit..1.01 no weight to player it s insane!
    i put the top end speed at 100..still the straight line speed is to slow
    accelation to 23 ..i try to create some weight effect..in reality that sliders is just catch up speed
    skating agility to 7...my god this one i had to bring it down players are turning on a dime..just awful

i had to go with game speed 1/6
    if you go higher the whole game out of sync ,animation look weird ,especially the the skating
    the first two or three steps look so weird ...at 1 it s the only way to have a decent overall feel
    except the straght line speed ...

the hitting ..that to feel so weird ..how come you can t step up and hit a guy coming in at the blue line
    somehow the player will just glide to the side and the cpu will have a nice breakaway or 2 on 1 ...

Ea fix a lot of animation compare to nhl 20
    but right now nhl 20 look better and feel better...
    nhl 21 need some serious tuning
    So i hope in the next patch you will fix those two point ...SKATING+HITTING
    cause right now this game is just o.k
    fun ,but somehow i feel like it could be way better

cheers

yes there is no different between a great acceleration, deceleration, short acceleration.... every player doing the same move. skating is not so bad as acceleration slider is usesfull now
  • Again this years the roster is just plain awful ...tim stuzle is 70 while lafreniere is 82...bobby ryan as 87 speed LOL..the overall of nhler look good but once you get in the player specific rating .it make no sense...and the prospect pool from each team is completly random...that why we need roster sharing so bad ....the roster right now is completly useless..
    At least i kept my 60 players lists that are not in the ...at least i know what i ll do while they fix the skating..
    Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • Tier1SOFOperator
    495 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The game plays awesome offline with the right slider settings. This game is quite a lot better than 20 IMO. I am still wrestling with the game speed glitch though, which is super annoying.

Quinn Hughes face finally in the game!!!
  • The game plays awesome offline with the right slider settings. This game is quite a lot better than 20 IMO. I am still wrestling with the game speed glitch though, which is super annoying.

Once you have a decent sliders sets ...i would gladly try it on...

Thanx
    MRSENATEURS
  • Tier1SOFOperator
    495 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    frenchfrog wrote: »
    The game plays awesome offline with the right slider settings. This game is quite a lot better than 20 IMO. I am still wrestling with the game speed glitch though, which is super annoying.

Thanx

Still working on sliders.
    Post edited by Tier1SOFOperator on
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Thanx

there is no "right slider setting" at this game the same as nhl20.... you will not do found right. it is useless work.
    game speed 0 is good + accel players 100 + speed skating 90

game speed 1 + accel 80 + speed skating 70
    2 + 60 + 50
    3 + 40 + 30
    4 + 20 +10
    5 + 0 + 0.....

ideal speed of game is 0.

gameplay + control feel is good = better than before
    AI + gameplay logic is not good = too much worse than before

-every time if you want you can go to attack zone + pass to your defense + CPU is not reacting not defending this pass
    -AI will not shoot from d-point anymore
    -goalie passes are so simple as 10 years before
    -if you go from left circle and pass to your player near the gate = 100% scoring chance from onetimer. every time you can beat the goalie on "superstar" skill level.

sorry after 5 games in a row I do not think this game has "awsome" offline. you will do say the same late....

this game is broken. big broken
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »

Thanx

there is no "right slider setting" at this game the same as nhl20.... you will not do found right. it is useless work.

2 + 60 + 50
    3 + 40 + 30
    4 + 20 +10
    5 + 0 + 0.....

-every time if you want you can go to attack zone + pass to your defense + CPU is not reacting not defending this pass
    -if you go from left circle and pass to your player near the gate = 100% scoring chance from onetimer. every time you can beat the goalie on "superstar" skill level.

sorry after 5 games in a row I do not think this game has "awsome" offline. you will do say the same late....

Your acceleration and speed are way too fast for me.
    I’m using game speed 1 or 2 with acceleration and speed both at 25.
  • Last night i ve try 20acc 100 speed ...7 skating agility ....game speed at 6,...
    To slow the game i ve tune down the passing speed ...
    But like another user said ...some game the speed are to fast other game to slow ...the super speed glitch...
    Ea badly need to patch this game ...
    The first hour i play i was super hype ...
    It been two day now and im not even sure if it s patchable...the skating is really bad.
    I might just bring it back to eb games
    Not sure ...

Cheers
    By the way @Oslik1000
    Thanx ive try pass speed effect at 95
    And work great
    No more 100%passing for the cpu
    MRSENATEURS
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Oslik1000 wrote: »

Thanx

2 + 60 + 50
    3 + 40 + 30
    4 + 20 +10
    5 + 0 + 0.....

Your acceleration and speed are way too fast for me.
    I’m using game speed 1 or 2 with acceleration and speed both at 25.

right. nhl21 is different. 25 is good

here is a "universal formula" if you want make a quick simulation for any EA hockey.

set allstar/superstar + sim4/4 + penalties 4
    you can stay every slider as default + change this:
    game speed 0 > player acc 100 > skating speed 70 >
    one timer accuracy 0 > pass reception ease 0 > puck speed reception effect 85 > puck control 0 > deking impact 100 > spin deke impact 100 > skating impact 100 > goalie cover frequency 90 > goalie passing 0 > hitting power 20 > user strategy adjustment 1

that's all....

I tried nhl18(1.02), nhl19(1.02), nhl20(1.00), nhl21(tuner 1.00). it's the same everywhere and there is no need to change any other settings. the success rates of cpu passes are max 65%.

• frenchfrog wrote: »
    Last night i ve try 20acc 100 speed ...7 skating agility ....game speed at 6,...
    To slow the game i ve tune down the passing speed ...
    But like another user said ...some game the speed are to fast other game to slow ...the super speed glitch...
    Ea badly need to patch this game ...
    The first hour i play i was super hype ...
    It been two day now and im not even sure if it s patchable...the skating is really bad.
    I might just bring it back to eb games
    Not sure ...

Cheers
    By the way @Oslik1000
    Thanx ive try pass speed effect at 95
    And work great
    No more 100%passing for the cpu

welcome
    A)pass reception ease 0 > puck speed reception effect 85
    B)pass reception ease 25 (default) > puck speed reception effect 95
  • @Oslik1000
    I ve try something tonight i erased just my
    Profile and start the game backup...
    Just like last years game ,the tuners mess this game up..
    The skating is way better without it...i don t know why...

Is the tuners made for online gaming ?
    Anyways if you play this game offline ...
    Try that ...

Cheers

MRSENATEURS
  • Since I got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, I thought I'd take a dab at the trial of NHL 21 and after 3+ hours of installation I immediately went in and started a career mode. Well, I barely lasted 15 minutes, what awful awful awful gameplay against the AI. Last time I was that frustrated was in NHL 09 on XB360 that caused me to snap the disc in half.

Hasn't been a decent NHL release in years.