EA Forums - Banner

Black is profanity?

For years i have played eash char named Frank Black after tv series Millennium main character. Now i cant because Black is listed as profanity.. This is quite sad and unnessesary. And fyi there is still play by play name Black available..

Replies

• Well you can thank the kids who abused stuff for the reason the name is filtered regardless if you use it in a nice manner. Having announcer say the name isn't bad. But I am sure you could imagine the names people would make to go along with the word and that is why it's banned. Less hassle to deal with and the few people that try to be creative with bad names get banned perm.

• Tylytys wrote: »
    For years i have played eash char named Frank Black after tv series Millennium main character. Now i cant because Black is listed as profanity.. This is quite sad and unnessesary. And fyi there is still play by play name Black available..

Yeah unfortunate, but I think the reasoning for the play by play name is because of guys like Jack Black!! What If he creates a player and can't get his last name, EA Doesn't want to take a risk with him.
    P.s is the name White listed as profanity?
  • So why are "Joose" and "Tapparan" profanities, at least during the technical test they were? And in what language, I don't get it?
  • Sadly Jack Black cant get his name on jersey neither.
  • The word "Kongo" is also a profanity. EA please don't kill my character!

Lasse Kongo 2009* - 2021♱

You will never be forgotten
  • Now i can use Black as last name but Frank is profanity!! As are Fran and Frankie.. Cmon now ea
  • Did you guys see how political and " inclusive " the NHL was this past season?. That's now coming to our video games. Buckle up. Eventually we will have cinematic of players kneeling during the national anthem. Oh what glory!.
  • Socair
    2707 posts Game Changer
    Let’s keep politics and social issues out of the forum please. Read the rules here https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/259274/ea-forums-guidelines-rules-updated-june-2020

The word censor in the game isn’t perfect and I know some names are not straight up offensive, but, people being people, find ways to manipulate terms to make them suit an offensive theme. So, certain combinations of letters have to be flagged with the censor (“Joo” for example @Sgt_Kelso, is phonetically inappropriate and censored).
  • I am sorry, phonetically inappropriate? What's that when it is at home? Can you explain that to me, in a PM if you like?

In FINNISH, it's a part of a first name, as I mentioned. Joose wasn't a ban word in NHL20 or before...
  • There's a lot more that are censored as per reddit. It was bound to happen when people started complaining about seeing names. Inevitable. Either ea allows it and you guys get angry or ea doesn't allow it and you guys get angry. Pick your poison.
  • One of the HUT Rush CPU opponents had
    the name Slapnuts.
  • Censors seem extreme... cant abbreviate my team name. “Wlm”? ..what?
  • Socair wrote: »
    Let’s keep politics and social issues out of the forum please. Read the rules here https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/259274/ea-forums-guidelines-rules-updated-june-2020

The word censor in the game isn’t perfect and I know some names are not straight up offensive, but, people being people, find ways to manipulate terms to make them suit an offensive theme. So, certain combinations of letters have to be flagged with the censor (“Joo” for example @Sgt_Kelso, is phonetically inappropriate and censored).

But first name Frank? I dont get how that is offensive to anyone.
  • Is White censored?
  • Is White censored?

Hahahaha this needs to be answered for me lol
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I am sorry, phonetically inappropriate? What's that when it is at home? Can you explain that to me, in a PM if you like?

In FINNISH, it's a part of a first name, as I mentioned. Joose wasn't a ban word in NHL20 or before...

Because a bunch of white supremacists go around creating characters named _______ Joo or Joo ________ as a stand-in for ****. Basically, this is the result of white supremacy running amok in society and EA turning an eye to it for years. The name used may be fully appropriate, but it was ruined by kids and adults with the maturity of 13 year olds using the system to be extremely racist.

You want it back? Make **** afraid again so that these censors aren't needed anymore.
  • Well, my explanation got censored, so that was kinda of counterproductive. But the first censor was for people who follow Judaism while the second censor was for the people whose **** we kicked in the second world war.
  • Socair
    2707 posts Game Changer
    Yeah closing this as it’s lead to more racial discussion than anything suitably game related.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!