EA Forums - Banner

Lafreniere??

Where is he on NHL21? Not in the Rangers roster!

Replies

• Because he's not on the Rangers roster.Yet.
  • But is he on another team roster? He has a rating so he’s gotta be somewhere there?
  • Check Rimouski in QMJHL.
  • EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    Janza99 wrote: »

Just a quick detail on this. We can't move players to their NHL teams until they play their first NHL shift.
  • I seem to remember that Kakko was in the Rangers roster last year before he had played in the NHL. Am I right? If so would that be because he’s European?
  • Janza99 wrote: »
    I seem to remember that Kakko was in the Rangers roster last year before he had played in the NHL. Am I right? If so would that be because he’s European?

So was Jack Hughes.

• EA_Aljo wrote: »

Just a quick detail on this. We can't move players to their NHL teams until they play their first NHL shift.

Not entirely correct. Jack Hughes was on NJ roster on release day NHL 20.

• Janza99 wrote: »
    I seem to remember that Kakko was in the Rangers roster last year before he had played in the NHL. Am I right? If so would that be because he’s European?

Kakko shouldn't have been there, because Kakko's european team is in NHL 20. However, Jack Hughes junior team is not in NHL 20, so I guess they had no choice. They don't have rights to NCAA teams.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Not entirely correct. Jack Hughes was on NJ roster on release day NHL 20.

This was a unique situation where we had the licensing rights to add him to the NHL roster before he played his first shift.
  • [/quote]
    This was a unique situation where we had the licensing rights to add him to the NHL roster before he played his first shift.[/quote]

I know since he was the #1 pick that year it was a big deal to get him into the game at launch and good job on EA's part to get the done. I will give them props, it was cool to see.
    However, my takeaway from him being there early was that it is possible to get the license in order to have these missing players in the game earlier.
    There are quite a few prominent players from the KHL and NCAA set to make debuts this season.
    Every year we also see players removed from the game after making the jump from junior to the AHL and are then required to sign a waiver.
    With the uncertainty of the season, we may not see an actual complete roster in the game until March.
    I obviously have no idea what the benefit cost ratio would be to purchase these extra licenses, but with all the complaints they get about rosters hopefully one day it can be done.
  • EA_Aljo
    Beauts90 wrote: »
    This was a unique situation where we had the licensing rights to add him to the NHL roster before he played his first shift.[/quote]

I know since he was the #1 pick that year it was a big deal to get him into the game at launch and good job on EA's part to get the done. I will give them props, it was cool to see.
    However, my takeaway from him being there early was that it is possible to get the license in order to have these missing players in the game earlier.
    There are quite a few prominent players from the KHL and NCAA set to make debuts this season.
    Every year we also see players removed from the game after making the jump from junior to the AHL and are then required to sign a waiver.
    With the uncertainty of the season, we may not see an actual complete roster in the game until March.
    I obviously have no idea what the benefit cost ratio would be to purchase these extra licenses, but with all the complaints they get about rosters hopefully one day it can be done.[/quote]

We obviously want to have the rosters as accurate as possible and take every step we can to make that happen. Unfortunately, there are some cases where it's out of our control and we can't secure the rights to some players.
  • I understand that only so much can be done with rosters given the current license and you guys do the best with what’s available.
    I only referenced the jack hughes situation as an example where it appears an additional license or negotiation can be acquired during special circumstances to include players that don’t fall within this license.