EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 BE A PRO

JayMac011
8 posts Member
edited October 2020
Ive been a huge fan of this since 2014 and super stoked of this revamp.

Currently 44 games play for the NYR, i sit with 96 points almost 30 points ahead of ovechkin, as a rookie. This 2 ppg pace seems unrealistic. 33g 63a

Playmaker 80 ovr
Stats
Puck control 89
Speed 89
Passing 97
Stick checking 80
Deke 90
Acceleration 83
Wrist shot power 85

The last 20 games have been played on superstar at full sim (custom) 4/6 cpu difficulty, rangers sit 30-7-7 albeit some games do come with challenges how in the hell can i make this more difficult, is my dude just OP?

Shot accuracy 45
Player Acceleration 45
Fatigue recovery 30
Fatigue 85

Need help to make it a bit more difficult!
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• I started a new player and liked that my guy looked to have preloaded what I had in 20.

Not being able to play in the CHL for a full season or 2 before the draft is a bummer. I'm sure it has to do with the new storyline but still disapointed.

I'm sure I'll go back to it but only getting a few games on my favorite team won't have me there for long.
  • You need adjust all sliders to make it more difficult. Seems weird that you can score so much points..
  • Ive tried my dude, currently i have maxed everything out for cpu settings, lowered shot accuracy, lowered passing, my dude is 81 overall with 97 passing how that happened beyond me, i never once upgraded it. I have no settings to increase anymore, regardless my dude still torches league for 2ppg. Ill prolly have 80+ assists

I hope injuries and all star game get patched as well, makes no sense to have an all star selection and no game.
  • Still no All star game? Disappointment! What's be a pro all about, not becoming a franchise star player? Ridiculous.
  • Yeah, I've made over a 3ppg and 2gpg... And still I feel like my player miss impossible shot sometimes. I thought defence has been improved...
  • The EA mods have told me that the game is geared towards making you the best player ever. Instead of having to work for it and actually try, they made it so the game will make you really good by default. They took out the challenges of actually trying to be a pro, and made it so you’ll be a superstar even if you’re trash
  • Gamemode is currently called Be A Superstar (no matter what). Tried to play 20 games with lowest rank they would drop me to AHL, but nope. Seems like they took that out also?
  • Yup, they took the AHL and the Junior leagues out of this game. It’s pathetic
  • Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    804 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I gave Be A Pro a try on Friday when the servers were down and 1 game was enough for me...

Terrible experience. Maybe if the script was better but it was so tiring. I appreciate the effort but I must say it fell far short of my expectations. They were already low once I realized I couldn't play a season in the CHL.

It is safe to say I will play 3s next time the servers are down...
  • Be A Pro was a bare bones, shell of a game mode. With these additions it has gone from that to a glass 1/4 full. It's a step up, but only that. The dialogue and options for it loop after a mere handful of games. And the " decisions " you make are simplistic and have minimal impact. There is so much more they could have done. Just do a copy of 2K's basketball stuff or something. It's not that hard.
  • EA_Aljo
    3048 posts EA Community Manager
    Be A Pro was a bare bones, shell of a game mode. With these additions it has gone from that to a glass 1/4 full. It's a step up, but only that. The dialogue and options for it loop after a mere handful of games. And the " decisions " you make are simplistic and have minimal impact. There is so much more they could have done. Just do a copy of 2K's basketball stuff or something. It's not that hard.

Game development is not as easy as you may think. If it were, everyone would be doing it and there'd probably be more hockey games. I definitely understand the frustration you all have. Hopefully, we'll see this mode improve over time. Keeping feedback constructive will help your voices be heard.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Be A Pro was a bare bones, shell of a game mode. With these additions it has gone from that to a glass 1/4 full. It's a step up, but only that. The dialogue and options for it loop after a mere handful of games. And the " decisions " you make are simplistic and have minimal impact. There is so much more they could have done. Just do a copy of 2K's basketball stuff or something. It's not that hard.

Game development is not as easy as you may think. If it were, everyone would be doing it and there'd probably be more hockey games. I definitely understand the frustration you all have. Hopefully, we'll see this mode improve over time. Keeping feedback constructive will help your voices be heard.

Really? This isn't anything to do with hockey, it's the mechanics how the whole be a pro works. Game development isn't easy for sure but EA is making a lots of money doing games and when you realize things has been done poorly and it's not because lack of time or money... It's not right to the hockey fans who buy this game every year on.
  • SkylerJames13
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

We’ve been asking for a proper BAP mode for years and years. Not a superstar mode. But an actual Be A Pro. A game where we earn our spot, on the roster. Not a game where we’re just given it without any effort.
    Let’s take NHL 20 for example. The BAP mode was awful. But the basic features of it were important. Like working hard in a junior season, to earn your draft position. What was garbage, was that, even when you turned the simming penalty off, it acted as if it was on.
    The coach and reporter challenges are a great idea. IF they were done properly, which they weren’t. The coach shouldn’t be saying “need a goal” to a goalie. And the variety of challenges/interviews/dialogues is very small. It’s like every 10 games you see a couple of the same cutscenes.
    The requesting a trade feature was great, and mind boggling it was taken out.
    Having only two teams ever interested in you feels so lackluster. Especially when it’s a simple screen? Why not have some teams court you? Negotiations?
    The milestones are broken, I shouldn’t be asked 4 seasons in, if I’m excited about my potential Calder race win.

We’ve been wanting a good, in depth, proper BAP mode for years, and we’ve never received it. And then we got this, which I honestly think, is on par, or worse, than the previous 5 or 6 games.
  • Question pourquoi certien joueur ne son pas dans les bonne équipe ? Ou ni son pas du tout
  • Wht are a hundred players not on the right team? Or not at all ?
  • What really bothers me is not so much that some of these issues exist which they obviously do I’ll just name a few that bother me in a moment, but the thing that **** off the most is that they haven’t updated it or patched it or you know just basically improved it in the last however many months since the games been out they’ve spent all of their resources on random generated bullcrap content that is literally worthless. I’ve never spent money on buying packs of digital sports cards and I never will but apparently some people do and those people are the ones to blame for the game being so crappy because of nobody spent money on these worthless packs of garbage then I don’t think they would dump their resources into that I think they would dump their resources into making a better product which is what they should be doing anyway so basically if you have an issue with this your issue should be with the community who spends money and waste money on worthless packs of junk.

Tha volume of junk cards in HuT removes all of the value and all of the fun. In other words there is an over saturation in the hut market that takes all fun out of it. The HUT gameplay is complete garbage which also takes the fun out of it. Why grind for junk cards when the gameplay isn’t fun? Thats totally pointless. The challenge system in HUT is a complete joke. Many challenges that are way too difficult to even attempt i wouldnt risk wasting my time, that is very poor balance because the rewards suck so there is zero incentive. Instead of selling packs of garbage they should just sell cards. I would never buy a pack of garbage but i might consider buying a few cards (for a couple of bucks) but not with the current over saturation.

Ok so now the biggest Be a Pro issues/questions/feedback

The radio show is annoying, i like the idea and its well done but its just too foolish and unrealistic for me. Same with the interaction with coaches and teammates. Why the hell would anyone be talking on a radio show about a rookie pee on? I mean they make it out as if the whole season is riding on the “rookie” that's so dumb. I agree with others that the junior hockey grind is way more fun than just a few games and now you are an nhl superstar. Im sitting there 73 overall in the top 6 scoring over 100 points i mean whats the fun in that? And every time you start a new career it’s just exactly the same every time there’s no variety at all.
    Serious question- is there any way to avoid going to the Rangers? I mean without purposely sucking? I’ve had to start over my career a few times because no matter what I do I always end up going number one overall to the Rangers or if I try to not do as well maybe I’d go second to the Kings so I had to resort to simulating my junior career so that I would get drafted outside of the top two picks. So now I’m a sixth round pick and they still treat me like I’m some superstar rookie that the whole franchise depending on it’s crazy.
    Now a lot of that stuff is a little nitpicky and a lot of the stuff is new this year I get it but after your rookie season they still referred you as the rookie and you know you going for the calder and things like that so basically they made it a one year thing then rinse and repeat and that’s horrible. Are you trying to tell me that these developers can’t add a little bit of content or update so that some of the stupid crap is taken out of the game and you can enjoy a nice full career and the bee a pro mode?

And the bottom line is you should have to make a roster not just be given a spot, if I am a 70 overall grinder or enforcer I should really have to fight for my roster spot and play well and I’d be you know fourth line guy and you know try to move up and get on the penalty kill and things like that but like it shouldn’t be just a creative player next thing you know you’re an NHL superstar that’s just not fun and I hope they don’t waste our time next year with the same bull crap.
    Oh and one last thing the people who wrote the dialogue for the interactions with teammates and coaches I mean what’s wrong with these people they must not know anything about hockey they need to do a better job of creating logical answers and interactions.
  • TheKing31996
    1 posts New member
    > @Tony_Hungus said:
    > What really bothers me is not so much that some of these issues exist which they obviously do I’ll just name a few that bother me in a moment, but the thing that **** off the most is that they haven’t updated it or patched it or you know just basically improved it in the last however many months since the games been out they’ve spent all of their resources on random generated bullcrap content that is literally worthless. I’ve never spent money on buying packs of digital sports cards and I never will but apparently some people do and those people are the ones to blame for the game being so crappy because of nobody spent money on these worthless packs of garbage then I don’t think they would dump their resources into that I think they would dump their resources into making a better product which is what they should be doing anyway so basically if you have an issue with this your issue should be with the community who spends money and waste money on worthless packs of junk.
    >
    > Tha volume of junk cards in HuT removes all of the value and all of the fun. In other words there is an over saturation in the hut market that takes all fun out of it. The HUT gameplay is complete garbage which also takes the fun out of it. Why grind for junk cards when the gameplay isn’t fun? Thats totally pointless. The challenge system in HUT is a complete joke. Many challenges that are way too difficult to even attempt i wouldnt risk wasting my time, that is very poor balance because the rewards suck so there is zero incentive. Instead of selling packs of garbage they should just sell cards. I would never buy a pack of garbage but i might consider buying a few cards (for a couple of bucks) but not with the current over saturation.
    >
    > Ok so now the biggest Be a Pro issues/questions/feedback
    >
    > The radio show is annoying, i like the idea and its well done but its just too foolish and unrealistic for me. Same with the interaction with coaches and teammates. Why the hell would anyone be talking on a radio show about a rookie pee on? I mean they make it out as if the whole season is riding on the “rookie” that's so dumb. I agree with others that the junior hockey grind is way more fun than just a few games and now you are an nhl superstar. Im sitting there 73 overall in the top 6 scoring over 100 points i mean whats the fun in that? And every time you start a new career it’s just exactly the same every time there’s no variety at all.
    > Serious question- is there any way to avoid going to the Rangers? I mean without purposely sucking? I’ve had to start over my career a few times because no matter what I do I always end up going number one overall to the Rangers or if I try to not do as well maybe I’d go second to the Kings so I had to resort to simulating my junior career so that I would get drafted outside of the top two picks. So now I’m a sixth round pick and they still treat me like I’m some superstar rookie that the whole franchise depending on it’s crazy.
    > Now a lot of that stuff is a little nitpicky and a lot of the stuff is new this year I get it but after your rookie season they still referred you as the rookie and you know you going for the calder and things like that so basically they made it a one year thing then rinse and repeat and that’s horrible. Are you trying to tell me that these developers can’t add a little bit of content or update so that some of the stupid crap is taken out of the game and you can enjoy a nice full career and the bee a pro mode?
    >
    > And the bottom line is you should have to make a roster not just be given a spot, if I am a 70 overall grinder or enforcer I should really have to fight for my roster spot and play well and I’d be you know fourth line guy and you know try to move up and get on the penalty kill and things like that but like it shouldn’t be just a creative player next thing you know you’re an NHL superstar that’s just not fun and I hope they don’t waste our time next year with the same bull crap.
    > Oh and one last thing the people who wrote the dialogue for the interactions with teammates and coaches I mean what’s wrong with these people they must not know anything about hockey they need to do a better job of creating logical answers and interactions.

They definitely ruined BAP for me! Would be lovely to play in the Junior or Euro league for a full season, instead of the playoffs. Grinding to be number 1 draft pick was the best part. Also you didn't just get picked by the same teams. Boggles my mind why they didn't implement the CHL, Euro Leagues full seasons, along the chance to be sent down to the AHL. I get everyone wants to be a superstar, although grinding to get there was the whole point! Why not build on top of this, instead of take things out? I play HUT also, and that game mode has went downhill with majority of the top content/streamers leaving to EASHL instead. Cannot even get a game during the day sometimes. Seems we have to wait until NHL 22, but I paid money for this game! Would be nice to have fun playing a game I bought! So many people are upset in the community because no gameplay updates have happened that are meaningful. Rosters/Jersey's are minimal. The game needs to be fixed! I would be okay, even if the servers were off for updated and new content if it meant reviving this disaster of a game. I'm sure many would agree!