EA Forums - Banner

How can I play this any better?

Taste-D-Rainbow
2514 posts Member
edited October 2020
Playing D, CPU attempts a loose puck deke, I'm in vision control and my stick is literally right there. Why dont I suck up the puck like the CPU does? His stick literally goes through my stick to retain the puck. It annoys me how often this happens.

Replies

• Playing D, CPU attempts a loose puck deke, I'm in vision control and my stick is literally right there. Why dont I suck up the puck like the CPU does? His stick literally goes through my stick to retain the puck. It annoys me how often this happens.

It happens in hut as well
  • You can't. All modes right now are plagued by this annoying clipping through basically everything.
  • Sega82mega
    3076 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Gotta be that the jump deke is put in action, and by that has a sort of precedence.

But I would rather have a completely free puck.

But I think its difficult to have both animation and that flow without anything interrupting.

* Some use to try that deke on a breakaway if a defender is close to catch them, by that they get the puck lose and dosent have to worry about a goalie interference.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    everything favors the forwards in this game. if you want to know what a totally unbalanced game looks like..this is it.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Gotta be that the jump deke is put in action, and by that has a sort of precedence.

But I think its difficult to have both animation and that flow without anything interrupting.

* Some use to try that deke on a breakaway if a defender is close to catch them, by that they get the puck lose and dosent have to worry about a goalie interference.

There's definately something in place so the puck remains in stride I'll say so the completion of the deke lands in sync with the puck. Shame that the puck isnt technically "loose" otherwise I would've performed a puck pickup.

There's definately something in place so the puck remains in stride I'll say so the completion of the deke lands in sync with the puck. Shame that the puck isnt technically "loose" otherwise I would've performed a puck pickup.

Yes im totaly with you. Would feel so much more authentic. Guess we cant have it all.

But I would not be surprise if this is something they working on pretty hard to get better.
  • Hand-eye skill (wich includes intercepting and loose puck pickup) was turned down on all defensemen.... The highest a def is the 2 way at 82... Most offensive class have over this. Highest being grinder (my defensemen class).
  • Basically they destroyed Defensive classes... I used to play a big defensive D-man but now it's litteraly useless... Can't intercept most passes (even at 99 defensive awareness) because hand eye is so garbage whereas my grinder intercepts most cross crease attempt. I hear playmaker with the right perks makes a great d also.
  • Hand-eye hand-eye hand-eye.
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Yes im totaly with you. Would feel so much more authentic. Guess we cant have it all.

But I would not be surprise if this is something they working on pretty hard to get better.

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Physics in this game has been a complaint for years.
  • Become a forward. This game was made thinking that defence and goaltending is not part of hockey.
  • For the record this was BAP as a TWD not too long after launch. But good to know for future reference when playing online.