EA Forums - Banner

How Does EA Sleep At Night? Serious Questions!

How the F does EA Sports sleep at night knowing how bad their NHL video game series has got? We customers pay so much money for literally stuff that was taken out of the game, then brought back years later. The new Be A Pro is more of an authentic Live The Life Mode, with the full junior season being taken away from us. EASHL drop-in is dead and has become the Fortnite of the game with the elimination modes. I cannot even get a full drop-in game anymore. Would be pretty sweet I we could play an indoor drop-in game when clubs not present. HUT is nothing but a scam fest where people have to spend money. Literally gameplay has been a focus for almost a decade, yet modes have been overlooked because of this. A few tweaks here and there of added/removed features doesn't make a game. Literally tired of the excuses!!! Stop being lazy and do something to drive customers in, instead of away.

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The reason they make so much money is that they got a virtual license to print it with HUT/MUT/FUT packs... if they actually had to make solid sports games, they'd need to invest much more money, resources and people in them, so stands to reason they'd make much less money. That' won't change until people stop throwing their money at them packs.

Developing AAA+ games takes long time and huge budgets these days. Of course, even that doesn't guarantee great games, as we've seen. But cranking up a game every year with modest budge is a sure way to guarantee that all we can expect with NHL is well... what we are getting now. To claim sports games have reached their peak is just ridiculous.

But yeah, I am sure EA execs sleep vey well thank you on their matresses filled up with 100 dollar bills. I think the NHL devs might be having nightmares...
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    The reason they make so much money is that they got a virtual license to print it with HUT/MUT/FUT packs... if they actually had to make solid sports games, they'd need to invest much more money, resources and people in them, so stands to reason they'd make much less money. That' won't change until people stop throwing their money at them packs.

Developing AAA+ games takes long time and huge budgets these days. Of course, even that doesn't guarantee great games, as we've seen. But cranking up a game every year with modest budge is a sure way to guarantee that all we can expect with NHL is well... what we are getting now. To claim sports games have reached their peak is just ridiculous.

But yeah, I am sure EA execs sleep vey well thank you on their matresses filled up with 100 dollar bills. I think the NHL devs might be having nightmares...

Pretty much this. Why would they want to change when the maximizing profits while minimizing expenses? It's a business they will try to maximize profits. Stop buying packs or the game and when their profits go down then they will try different approach.

• Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Pretty much this. Why would they want to change when the maximizing profits while minimizing expenses? It's a business they will try to maximize profits. Stop buying packs or the game and when their profits go down then they will try different approach.

When the profits go down enough they’ll stop making the game all together and move on. Hopefully their will be another game developer to take their place.

Hopefully because I'm done with all these clowns excuses for why they removed stuff out of the game. Literally said F and not F*** and got a warning for it. Guess 2020 is just a year where freedom of speech is non-exist on this forum...every we paying customers post a video showing poor mechanics of the game, we get pooped on by these community mods. It's a joke and I'm done with EA Sports NHL. 2K needs to come back so EA gets back to what they were on PS3/Xbox 360. I bought 21 but have only played 7 games as I circled around Hut Rivals, and people just exploit. EASHL is okay for club but drop-in is outdoor and nobody plays that garbage. Be A Pro is boring because you cannot play junior, get drafted 1st overall not by New York Rangers, along get sent down to the AHL for playing poor in pre-season. WHAT A DAMN JOKE!!! SEE YOU LATER EA!!! #NeverAgain...
  • How the F does EA Sports sleep at night knowing how bad their NHL video game series has got? We customers pay so much money for literally stuff that was taken out of the game, then brought back years later. The new Be A Pro is more of an authentic Live The Life Mode, with the full junior season being taken away from us. EASHL drop-in is dead and has become the Fortnite of the game with the elimination modes. I cannot even get a full drop-in game anymore. Would be pretty sweet I we could play an indoor drop-in game when clubs not present. HUT is nothing but a scam fest where people have to spend money. Literally gameplay has been a focus for almost a decade, yet modes have been overlooked because of this. A few tweaks here and there of added/removed features doesn't make a game. Literally tired of the excuses!!! Stop being lazy and do something to drive customers in, instead of away.

Watch S15/E5 of South Park (from 2011), and it will all make sense. :P
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I am try be positive: it is not nhl series only... madden, fifa, pes, nbaEA, nba2k... every sport is recycled last 5 years.

the same situation was with F1 from codemasters...we can hope this industry will do follow this company the same road. f12020 is a right direction how recycle game with a new perspective.

it is not good for us (customers) . it is only fact