EA Forums - Banner

Puck ragging in 3s eashl

Prev1
Seeing as EA won't do anything about the complete nonsense of puck ragging in this game, I guess it's time for everyone to do it. You get a couple of goals and just skate around all game. The game is playing very well for the most part other than passes being forced through everyone but this is something that needs to be addressed . Do something about this crap

Replies

• Hut champs and rivals is no better , but hey as long as the elite are happy that they have more people to rag against and abuse the poor mechanics in the game all is good ,..all five. all five games of the placement games nothing but raggers quit all 5 .....bring seasons back I don't care about the elite twitch streamer's not having anyone to play against
  • Hut champs and rivals is no better , but hey as long as the elite are happy that they have more people to rag against and abuse the poor mechanics in the game all is good ,..all five. all five games of the placement games nothing but raggers quit all 5 .....bring seasons back I don't care about the elite twitch streamer's not having anyone to play against

Actually many of the elite aren't happy with the ragging in HUT either. Sadly it's one of those things that is just too hard to balance/enforce. It's a coward tactic that should never be rewarded.

• Came across a diamond player trying to rag in drop-ins yesterday, lol
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    They programmed a 'bobble' if you did that on Xbox 360, but they removed it as of the next gen version (Xbox One) and people have been legitimately complaining ever since, with no action taken by EA.
  • It always comes back to the same thing. lack of effective defensive tools that would lead to realistic hockey , that is why you have this kind of thing. In real life if an NHL forechecker decides he's going to make you give up the puck, you are giving up the puck sooner or later. While it would be possible to somewhat effectively play keep away in your own zone if the entire team dedicated to it, you would be taking a great chance in your own zone that would never be met with approval by any coach and a mistake could be disastrous.

But this thing you have in this game? Where a single puck carrier can play keep away by himself against 2 and 3 opponents is because offense has all the advantages and cheesy trip penalties are still a thing. In real life you should be able to pressure a player into a no win situation, if he tries to hang on to the puck. Even if you are a Datsyuk type player, that could get out of that situation its usually a once shot deal. Doing the impossible and surprising the player. Not dangling around in front of his own net make multiple people chase him. Basically if hitting worked a little better and when a player turned his back to you stick checking wasn't nearly impossible without tripping this wouldn't be a thing.

You don't know some silly , if you hold the puck too long you "lose it for no reason" mechanic. this isn't some made up fantasy game. Find out why you can't do this in real life and fix your game.

Improved DSS, poke checking and nerfed L2 should have made it harder to pull off. To be honest I don't play high level competitive 6s lately and never play HUT/VS/3s/etc... so I don't see much of this.
  • I wish you could just take a video of these idiots ragging and report it and have some action taken. I know that will never happen because EA are cowards and refuse to do anything but it would be great if it could be done with video evidence. EVERYONE has the ability to do so and nothing will stop people better than a temp ban
  • It always comes back to the same thing. lack of effective defensive tools that would lead to realistic hockey , that is why you have this kind of thing. In real life if an NHL forechecker decides he's going to make you give up the puck, you are giving up the puck sooner or later. While it would be possible to somewhat effectively play keep away in your own zone if the entire team dedicated to it, you would be taking a great chance in your own zone that would never be met with approval by any coach and a mistake could be disastrous.

But this thing you have in this game? Where a single puck carrier can play keep away by himself against 2 and 3 opponents is because offense has all the advantages and cheesy trip penalties are still a thing. In real life you should be able to pressure a player into a no win situation, if he tries to hang on to the puck. Even if you are a Datsyuk type player, that could get out of that situation its usually a once shot deal. Doing the impossible and surprising the player. Not dangling around in front of his own net make multiple people chase him. Basically if hitting worked a little better and when a player turned his back to you stick checking wasn't nearly impossible without tripping this wouldn't be a thing.

You don't know some silly , if you hold the puck too long you "lose it for no reason" mechanic. this isn't some made up fantasy game. Find out why you can't do this in real life and fix your game.

Improved DSS, poke checking and nerfed L2 should have made it harder to pull off. To be honest I don't play high level competitive 6s lately and never play HUT/VS/3s/etc... so I don't see much of this.

So very wrong. Playing keep away in real hockey isn't hard at all when it's 1 v 1 and you got a net to shield you and such. CPU in this game aren't smart enough to read plays correctly because they are also trying to position themselves based off what the human is doing. As for all human players it's a bit harder to rag but still doable. In 3s it's very doable because of all the ice space not clogged up.

High level 6s don't rag. It's the pretenders who do the ragging because they know they aren't good enough to hold leads comfortably.

• I think its impossible to eliminate, but what I do, is mute the person and/or team that rags in game, if I get matched up against them again, I will see that I have 'muted' them and then I just leave... After a few times, I will get a message from them and I would straight up tell them "I won't play you because you play this game like a child" Also, coming from someone who used to live in 3s mode, I rarely play it anymore, unless I have a full team ( Goalie, 2 forwards and a 1 defenseman).
  • In real life if an NHL forechecker decides he's going to make you give up the puck, you are giving up the puck sooner or later.

This is just not true.
    While it would be possible to somewhat effectively play keep away in your own zone if the entire team dedicated to it, you would be taking a great chance in your own zone that would never be met with approval by any coach and a mistake could be disastrous.

Coaching approval is not a metric in which players need to achieve in order to win. Also, the way the A.I. is programmed - you absolutely have your entire team helping you pull this off.

But this thing you have in this game? Where a single puck carrier can play keep away by himself against 2 and 3 opponents is because offense has all the advantages and cheesy trip penalties are still a thing.

So here, I am able to quell the offense of an opponent playing keep-away with the puck carrier just by using DSS and you'll notice I'm not taking 'cheesey trip penalties':
    a7BoPuQ.gif
  • I've been saying it for years, implement FIFAs call for a second defender feature in 1v1 modes to apply more pressure on the puck ragger. Force the ragger to make a play or be double teamed. They'll mess up eventually.
  • I've been saying it for years, implement FIFAs call for a second defender feature in 1v1 modes to apply more pressure on the puck ragger. Force the ragger to make a play or be double teamed. They'll mess up eventually.

But you can already double team with for ex. with 2-3 forecheck. You'll need to switch players.
  • Zkibu wrote: »
    I've been saying it for years, implement FIFAs call for a second defender feature in 1v1 modes to apply more pressure on the puck ragger. Force the ragger to make a play or be double teamed. They'll mess up eventually.

But you can already double team with for ex. with 2-3 forecheck. You'll need to switch players.

I dont trust strategies 100% in this game. AI criss crosses sides all the time, stand idle etc ... the extra defender option is automatic, closest attacker gets pulled in and you can box the puck carrier.
    I've been saying it for years, implement FIFAs call for a second defender feature in 1v1 modes to apply more pressure on the puck ragger. Force the ragger to make a play or be double teamed. They'll mess up eventually.

I dont trust strategies 100% in this game. AI criss crosses sides all the time, stand idle etc ... the extra defender option is automatic, closest attacker gets pulled in and you can box the puck carrier.

Calling for help from a teammate just opens another outlet for the puck carrier behind the net.

What needs to happen is a complete dumming down of A.I. for every second the puck carrier retreats back in to their own zone.

When they do make that outlet pass after ragging it, the receiver bumbles it and takes a few extra frames to gather the puck while being completely susceptible to a non-penalized poke/stick lift.

So, to battle puck raggers - add a timer 'under-the-hood' that counts the frames where the puck carrier retreats/refuses to move/refuses to move the puck forward, etc - and make the penalty for doing so a bumbling pass reception - REGARDLESS of how accurate it may be.

This allows the defending team to capitalize on puck raggers.

Calling for help from a teammate just opens another outlet for the puck carrier behind the net.

What needs to happen is a complete dumming down of A.I. for every second the puck carrier retreats back in to their own zone.

When they do make that outlet pass after ragging it, the receiver bumbles it and takes a few extra frames to gather the puck while being completely susceptible to a non-penalized poke/stick lift.

So, to battle puck raggers - add a timer 'under-the-hood' that counts the frames where the puck carrier retreats/refuses to move/refuses to move the puck forward, etc - and make the penalty for doing so a bumbling pass reception - REGARDLESS of how accurate it may be.

If stamina mattered more on stats and such they could have stamina be more taxing on players in their defensive end while players in the attacking end lose less stamina.

I always thought stamina was supposed to affect all attributes. If they do then they obviously should matter a bit more.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    Zkibu wrote: »

If stamina mattered more on stats and such they could have stamina be more taxing on players in their defensive end while players in the attacking end lose less stamina.

I always thought stamina was supposed to affect all attributes. If they do then they obviously should matter a bit more.

I would agree that stamina loss during a puck rag would be a sufficient penalty.

But it would only make sense that stamina drained while the puck carrying team was under pressure.

If someone were to rag the puck but the defending team refuses to forecheck - then there shouldn't be a stamina loss.

But yea, the stamina loss (if it has the effect we expect) is a good idea.
  • In real life if an NHL forechecker decides he's going to make you give up the puck, you are giving up the puck sooner or later.

This is just not true.
    While it would be possible to somewhat effectively play keep away in your own zone if the entire team dedicated to it, you would be taking a great chance in your own zone that would never be met with approval by any coach and a mistake could be disastrous.

Coaching approval is not a metric in which players need to achieve in order to win. Also, the way the A.I. is programmed - you absolutely have your entire team helping you pull this off.

But this thing you have in this game? Where a single puck carrier can play keep away by himself against 2 and 3 opponents is because offense has all the advantages and cheesy trip penalties are still a thing.

So here, I am able to quell the offense of an opponent playing keep-away with the puck carrier just by using DSS and you'll notice I'm not taking 'cheesey trip penalties':
    a7BoPuQ.gif

My first statement is true, regardless if you want to believe it. If a good hockey player decides he's going to forecheck and commit to taking the body to the puck carrier sitting back in the zone playing 1 on 1 keep away, that carrier better give up the puck or he's going to lose it. hence why 100% of the time in these situations you see them pass it away. Now not every forcheck is a full commit like that and you are trying to force the puck to be passed or carried in a certain direction.

BTW this is not an insult to you but that "quelling" is you having a fwd cornered with the rest of your defense. no where to go and he's not a good player. at least not any good at whatever he was attempting to do. And you are constantly maintaining a long gap because this game forces that and hoping he turns the puck into you so you can poke/knock it away. Not at all what I was talking about. Once he gets trapped down into that area in real hockey he would get swallowed up by body checks that follow up with rapid stick checking, even if he is good at maintaining possession and using body to protect. You can't do that in this game. Either its a successful crushing super check or you whif. And even if you are left in a situation where you are pressed up against him you can't just spam poke check, as you would get a trip. Something that defies physics... but welcome to EA NHL.

that video clip is not what they are talking about in this thread. They are talking about a defender playing keep away in his own zone. A skilled player at this game can easily stay away from a single defender all day in his own zone where he has the space. If two people come to help they better know what they are doing because skilled "keep away artist" can easy burn 2 players as well. If its obvious they are going to successfully pinch him he can then just pass it away and you now committed 2 forecheckers to take down 1 player. Creating a numbers problem defensively.

Not saying this is an easy fix because like all things you need balance and this is a game. just would be nice if they could inch a little closer to not just letting dangling city players just spin, pivot and cut around in circles untouched so easily. And it is very easy...especially against players that aren't elite.

This is in EASHL 6s. I don't care about anything else and frankly in my opinion HUT doesn't even play the same as EASHL. So not judging anyones experience there. But it sounds like its worse there.
  • I mean...that's what is to be expected. 3's is awful to begin with. Every 12 year old xsniperx loves that mode. Stay away from it. Play 6's if you have to. The worst kind of people play 3's
  • I mean...that's what is to be expected. 3's is awful to begin with. Every 12 year old xsniperx loves that mode. Stay away from it. Play 6's if you have to. The worst kind of people play 3's

Funny how people who have an opinion on something has to tell people how things are. If it wasn't a fun mode for the most part, it wouldn't be as populated as it is.

That being said, why doesn't EA let people report with video teams that do this? Seems like the easiest solution to me

Funny how people who have an opinion on something has to tell people how things are. If it wasn't a fun mode for the most part, it wouldn't be as populated as it is.

That being said, why doesn't EA let people report with video teams that do this? Seems like the easiest solution to me

I would imagine you can ,I mean You can report people in hut but them doing anything about them well that's another story

Just saying I'm not surprised its a rag fest considering its super speed deke dangle snipe celly constant action mode