EA Forums - Banner

EA Sports Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment It's in the game!

Replies

• Socair
    2633 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »
    Why would using a base team and having that be the most successful be beneficial to EA and packs? Clearly if you’re dominating with starter packs and whatever you get for free, you don’t need to buy packs.

Why don´t you read my post about low ovr teams where i claim they get a keep it close handicap but eventually they will give after. otherwise i would have been absolutley blown away playing with my 79ovr team.

I did read it. And your story comes up on here year after year. I just don’t get why most people don’t run low overall teams if they’re that much better. It also contradicts the narrative of pay to win and DDA to encourage spending.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Why would using a base team and having that be the most successful be beneficial to EA and packs? Clearly if you’re dominating with starter packs and whatever you get for free, you don’t need to buy packs.
    I think you are missing the point here. I for one want to build the Ultimate Team and have as many high caliber cards as possible. For whatever reason this game flakes out the high cards do not play like they should. My Lemieux, Gretzky and Panarin 89 line was outskated yesterday by 2 80 and one 77 cards (do not remember players names). I understand if my team was tired but this was from the opening face off. Yes I also build a team of low attributes cards and have some success but I’d rather play with high end players.
    Don’t get me wrong I’ve been buying and playing this game for at least 10 years. It’s just silly for me to spend money to get better cards and to be outskated by lower end cards.
    As far as sending you or anyone asking for video proof how is that going to help me with the game.
    I accepted this game for what it is but play it anyway because I love hockey.
    If the cards behaved like in NHL 12 or 13 I would have no issue dropping again a $1k per season, but had to stop because IMO it is a waste due to what was described in the beginning of this title.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Socair
    2633 posts Game Changer
    smokin666 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    I think you are missing the point here. I for one want to build the Ultimate Team and have as many high caliber cards as possible. For whatever reason this game flakes out the high cards do not play like they should. My Lemieux, Gretzky and Panarin 89 line was outskated yesterday by 2 80 and one 77 cards (do not remember players names). I understand if my team was tired but this was from the opening face off. Yes I also build a team of low attributes cards and have some success but I’d rather play with high end players.
    Don’t get me wrong I’ve been buying and playing this game for at least 10 years. It’s just silly for me to spend money to get better cards and to be outskated by lower end cards.
    As far as sending you or anyone asking for video proof how is that going to help me with the game.
    I accepted this game for what it is but play it anyway because I love hockey.
    If the cards behaved like in NHL 12 or 13 I would have no issue dropping again a $1k per season, but had to stop because IMO it is a waste due to what was described in the beginning of this title.

Are you talking online play? Maybe you’re just suffering from being further from the server than your opponent. Latency plays a pretty big role in online gaming unfortunately. In 12/13 HUT was still P2P.

I don’t get the SB stuff of the lower overall teams being way harder to beat, but I do know that online can be very hit and miss because of latency.

Thanks for the added explanation Smokin. I’m not trying to stir anything up here, was just genuinely curious as to why anyone would spend money or use coins on players if they can win with lower cards.
  • Online play only. Off line I have no issues.
    Thank you maybe one day we can solve this issue.
    That would be nice. I’m too old for caring of winning or losing just want enjoy the game and the cards that I got.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • The point is that an Ultimate Team should not be one that is rated 79 overall.
    The other point is, the people that have learned the exploits are able to overcome the handicap.
    All this is doing is making players make a choice: either learn the exploits or use a lower-rated team.
    My belief is, EA wants you to be always unhappy with your team because if that is the case, you will be more apt to spend money on packs.
    I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility when we are talking about a business looking to maximize profits.

• I just played the last squad battle game now and it was ridiculous. My player's acceleration and agility were greatly reduced, skill stick was slow as hell, there was a button delay performing hits and passes. i had to let mi ai chase the puck because as soon as i had control over the player his top speed got reduced. Wiffed on several open nets and hit a lot of posts. when switching player i always got the wrong guy skating in the wrong direction and so on... Lost in O_T 7-6. Replaying the game, crisp again and won 8-2.

If we just start with offline play and get a trustworthy explanation of why this happens from time to time?
    Sure this can happen in real life but it is rare and it´s because of factors that do not exist in front of the screen and behind a controller. Grinding SB does not get me nervous about keeping a lead or anything the like. I play like a robot to be able to get max points in superstar.

Sometimes the difficulty dynamically rises without any factors controlled by me, what is the reason?

1. I spend my time here lying to you all because i find that to be a real nice way to spend my time.
    2. I imagine the controller being nerfed and the cpu giving me a much harder time.
    3. In the middle of playing the game started to suck and then suddenly got good again.
    4. It is a networking problem in offline mode, would be hilarious if someone claimed that.
    5. An unknown bug in the game that´s been there for years and years. Hilarious that EA won´t take thousands of complaints seriously.
    6. A known bug in the game that is too difficult to resolve?
    7. By design all in conjunction with a patent they have
  • EA_Blueberry
    4139 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, just popping in here to let you know DDA doesn't exist.
  • Hey, just popping in here to let you know DDA doesn't exist.

Ah, that's really good news! So what do you think is causing the problems i mentioned in the previous post?
  • KidShowtime1867
    1424 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Hey, just popping in here to let you know DDA doesn't exist.

but the FIFA pdf

lmao
    Post edited by Socair on

Ah, that's really good news! So what do you think is causing the problems i mentioned in the previous post?

• The point is that an Ultimate Team should not be one that is rated 79 overall.
    The other point is, the people that have learned the exploits are able to overcome the handicap.
    All this is doing is making players make a choice: either learn the exploits or use a lower-rated team.
    My belief is, EA wants you to be always unhappy with your team because if that is the case, you will be more apt to spend money on packs.
    I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility when we are talking about a business looking to maximize profits.

Boom!.....naiiiiilllled it!

Neither does the easter bunny
  • As someone who has complained about this for 7 -8 years, welcome to the club. It has nothing to do with having a low rated team or high rated team. It’s random. Some games you are unstoppable (super poke check abilities, checking, skating, win every faceoff, wrist shot lasers), some games your opponent has super abilities. I can tell from the opening faceoff... the speed of the puck while winning or losing the draw. You’ll never find a solution so don’t even bother.
  • As someone who has complained about this for 7 -8 years, welcome to the club. It has nothing to do with having a low rated team or high rated team. It’s random. Some games you are unstoppable (super poke check abilities, checking, skating, win every faceoff, wrist shot lasers), some games your opponent has super abilities. I can tell from the opening faceoff... the speed of the puck while winning or losing the draw. You’ll never find a solution so don’t even bother.

I think this is true but still, there are players that win a very high percentage of the games, and either they know how to avoid it or they never or seldom are affected by it. For me, there can be a week in a row with unplayable gameplay.
  • The game settings definitely need to be thrown out the window and needs a fresh start. ive never played such up and down games since HUT started. theyre obviously using the same programming as they used in threes to make it more competitive in their eyes. if there wasnt real money involved in the game i could care less, its a game. but they have their packs in this game which people are spending 100s of dollars on to try and build a better team which they think will improve the outcome just to have it turn out opposite for them is just wrong. someone is suggesting we start using base teams? lol *shaking my head* . when someone who has an entire roster of slower/ bigger players with not one single synergy active and is out skating your faster team with multiple active synergies for a large portion of the game... its because theyre better right?
  • I honestly think it's a mixture of the game's programming. The UI is super sluggish. If you don't have a fiber connection. Expect to get stomped on because this game devours bandwidth like no other game I have seen before. I have a 600Mbps up/down and hardwired WITH port forwarding and this game just slugs along. No other game but NHL online. It's awful.
  • SturmWolfe wrote: »
    I honestly think it's a mixture of the game's programming. The UI is super sluggish. If you don't have a fiber connection. Expect to get stomped on because this game devours bandwidth like no other game I have seen before. I have a 600Mbps up/down and hardwired WITH port forwarding and this game just slugs along. No other game but NHL online. It's awful.

It has not anything to do with your bandwidth. I have analyzed the packages with Wireshark and the game use approx 60Kb/sec. High Latency could cause a bad experience so you can make sure to play wired. Then it´s up to the ISP, internet, and EA to give you a stable connection without causing latency by delays & package losses. But still, when everything is looking fine on the ISP side you can have the problem so if it is indeed a networking issue it is most likely on EA side (network/code) the problem exists.

But then again, the exact symptoms (Fatman lag) is appearing in offline games (SB, challenges) which indicates it is not a networking problem after all. No UDP traffic to any game server is sent/received offline so.

Also, when having Fatman lag it is in every single game for a number of games while you never end up playing against an opponent with the same problem. You could basically play your brother sitting in the room beside yours on the same internet connection and the game is crisp for him.
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    The point is that an Ultimate Team should not be one that is rated 79 overall.

This directly contradicts the belief in DDA. Why would we push you to buy packs if higher overall players didn't matter? People call this game pay to win, but they also believe lower-rated players get a boost. Feel free to use your team of silver and bronze players, but most people will have a very difficult time competing against teams with significantly higher overalls.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    This directly contradicts the belief in DDA. Why would we push you to buy packs if higher overall players didn't matter? People call this game pay to win, but they also believe lower-rated players get a boost. Feel free to use your team of silver and bronze players, but most people will have a very difficult time competing against teams with significantly higher overalls.

Sadly you only respond to the easy arguments. Let's say that your expensive team performs well for 10-15 games and after that, they start being bad and that is more noticeable against low OVR teams because of obvious reasons. You don´t need to be a genius to figure out why that would be the case but I´ll explain anyway -> Why would you buy more packs if the team is performing well?

• After running every team test I could think off over the years, there is nothing giving the lesser team a boost. Again it’s totally random. The sad part is I would buy packs if cards meant anything, for me they don’t.

The best way to describe it is one player is playing on rookie settings, one player on superstar. If you’ve ever played a game against the computer on rookie settings, your team is faster, shots are harder, you destroy everyone on every check. This is happening online, where one user controlled team is on rookie settings, one on superstar. At least that’s how the game plays and feels.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!