EA Forums - Banner

A story of two accounts

2Next

Replies

• EA_Aljo wrote: »

Is there noticeable lag or are you talking about the "fatman" lag that some feel they experience?

I guess it would be considered fat man lag since it's not noticeable to anyone except for me. I've started to take video clips here and there but I don't think the clips demonstrate it.

It makes everything so sloppy. Deking seems to be the best visual aide for showing the lag because it's a very slow, rocky side-to-side movement. Other than that, the delay makes switching players even harder and passing is an adventure.
  • 32Doak wrote: »
    I have the same problem with this game and I'm so frustrated about it. I simply cannot compete like this. I just lost 9-3 in a HUT Champions game to a team I could have beaten easily if it weren't for this problem.

EDIT: My setup is wired with 200-300mbps down and ~10 up. In-game ping is almost always at 24-25ms. Most of the time I do a thorough power cycle before I play but nothing good ever comes from it. I have experienced smooth gameplay for a couple games so I know I can rule out a number of things but I have no idea where to go from here.

It's probably just being matched up with some dude from the opposite side of the country.

I'm supposed to connect to the north west server in NA, and I often do. Problem is, I'm playing people from the east, and when I'm host, it feels ultra sluggish for me. When the opposite is true, it appears the other guy is sluggish (easy to move the puck around him and score).

I swore ea mentioned something about being able to pick our region for hut this year, but I haven't seen that anywhere in game and I'm clearly still being matched by people outside of my region. I only search for 30 seconds so it shouldn't be connecting me with people from Ontario when I'm in Alberta.
  • This is amazing but 3 weeks in i totally lost my interest in the game after really spending a lot of time in the game the 2 first weeks. Since i cannot play a single game without my players skating in mud and everything is totally off and my opponents are flying i don´t want to play anymore. I had much time this weekend and if the game had worked i surely would have played but i did other stuff instead.
    I reckon that all of us having this problem will lose interest in the game rather quickly.
  • 32Doak
    103 posts Member
    edited November 2020

It's probably just being matched up with some dude from the opposite side of the country.

I'm supposed to connect to the north west server in NA, and I often do. Problem is, I'm playing people from the east, and when I'm host, it feels ultra sluggish for me. When the opposite is true, it appears the other guy is sluggish (easy to move the puck around him and score).

That wouldn't explain Squad Battles though. It sucks because I hate playing CPU but you'd think that at the very least that would be possible. You'd think.
  • This is amazing but 3 weeks in i totally lost my interest in the game after really spending a lot of time in the game the 2 first weeks. Since i cannot play a single game without my players skating in mud and everything is totally off and my opponents are flying i don´t want to play anymore. I had much time this weekend and if the game had worked i surely would have played but i did other stuff instead.
    I reckon that all of us having this problem will lose interest in the game rather quickly.

Yeah I'm so angry that I'm about at that point. I've been trying to dig up as much information as I can but nothing is helpful. It's absolutely impossible to compete this way and ZERO fun.
  • 99manfrottin66
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I actually won the last two games but it was more about battling the game to try to keep the lead that playing the opponents. So for me it´s not about winning or losing. And as you say, the same crap is in SB which makes that unenjoyable as well.
    Post edited by 99manfrottin66 on
  • I actually won the last two games but it was more about battling the game to try to keep the lead that playing the opponents. So for me it´s not about winning or losing. And as you say, the same crap is in SB which makes that unenjoyable as well.

Right. I just want to be able to control my players.

Have had this problem myself recently. Though IP Booting keeps happening in Club and HUT Rivals. Dedicated servers are supposed to prevent that but somehow the servers aren't right now. I had to do a bunch of technical tests to figure what was going on. The servers have been awful for my club when we have guys from the East or Central areas of Canada and the US. They get yellow bars, or sometimes us Western gamers do. Playing on a gigabyte connection and still getting 100 milliseconds for ping is atrocious. Kind of why I stopped playing in general...even some of my gamechanger friends have mentioned these issues that need to be addressed so hopefully an update will be around to fix it. Also a roster fix...
  • I just started a Squad Battles game at 3:30am and the gameplay was great(!) for two periods. I went and took a leak before the third period and when I started back up, it was poor again. What causes this?
  • I think there are a lot of factors contributing to the mess. i have noticed that i take the lead in approx 80% of all games i play. When having the lead the other team gets more and more OP while your team gets more and more **** as the game goes on. To me, it´s clear that there are some situational boosts in the game. Another example is scoring chances are always lethal at the end of the periods and directly after goals. For EA to say that the only thing that dictates the play are attributes, strategies, rng, and the controller is pure ****. They try to emulate team psychology, no question about it.
  • EA_Aljo
    2625 posts EA Community Manager
    I think there are a lot of factors contributing to the mess. i have noticed that i take the lead in approx 80% of all games i play. When having the lead the other team gets more and more OP while your team gets more and more 🎃🎃🎃🎃 as the game goes on. To me, it´s clear that there are some situational boosts in the game. Another example is scoring chances are always lethal at the end of the periods and directly after goals. For EA to say that the only thing that dictates the play are attributes, strategies, rng, and the controller is pure 🎃🎃🎃🎃. They try to emulate team psychology, no question about it.

If you're ahead in the final minutes of the 3rd, the AI will play more aggressively and take more chances. Like a real team would. However, they don't get any kind of boost to their stats and goals aren't' forced to be scored to keep things close.
  • EA_Aljo
    32Doak wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Is there noticeable lag or are you talking about the "fatman" lag that some feel they experience?

I guess it would be considered fat man lag since it's not noticeable to anyone except for me. I've started to take video clips here and there but I don't think the clips demonstrate it.

It makes everything so sloppy. Deking seems to be the best visual aide for showing the lag because it's a very slow, rocky side-to-side movement. Other than that, the delay makes switching players even harder and passing is an adventure.

We haven't been able to verify fatman lag yet. I believe you've been through all the troubleshooting we can suggest so I'm not sure what else to advise. For me personally, my connection vastly improved when I stopped using the equipment my ISP provided and I switched to a separate modem and router.
    We haven't been able to verify fatman lag yet. I believe you've been through all the troubleshooting we can suggest so I'm not sure what else to advise. For me personally, my connection vastly improved when I stopped using the equipment my ISP provided and I switched to a separate modem and router.

A little bit of googling and we find that it was an issue already almost 10 years ago. You have to have the worst testers & programmers on the planet. The only thing you do is to add animations, the gameplay with all it´s flaws is almost identical as NHL2011. Biggest hoax ever...
  • I instantly fixed this problem when I stopped playing HUT.
    32Doak wrote: »

On a gigabyte connection I have a ASUS Wireless Tri-band-AC 5300 Router which I have my gaming equipment wired into and still have the same lag issue. I did all the troubleshooting, called a technician, tried different DNS servers and fatman lag occurs, especially within the mid second or 3rd. I noticed during gameplay there will be input lag, making my gameplay speed very fast, then after that I cannot do anything until a pause or whistle blows. As for servers online I have noticed some IP booting issues happening, along in EASHL, East, Central members of my club get stuck with yellow connection or vice versa. Many YouTubers have discussed this issue and I hope it will be fixed soon.
    710"]

If you're ahead in the final minutes of the 3rd, the AI will play more aggressively and take more chances. Like a real team would. However, they don't get any kind of boost to their stats and goals aren't' forced to be scored to keep things close.

This is most people's definition of ice tilt.
    Here's the secret... there is no DDA. If you like, we can go through some connection troubleshooting and see if there are any issues.

What a fantastically ignorant answer! you do realize that my alternate account is played on the same console and therefore the same internet connection?

No matter what its your fault. That said, its not dda. I believe the ratings are accidentally manipulated (sliders i mean) somehow from game to game. I think its unintentional but people have complained long enough that SOMETHING has to be off.

This is really interesting. So if I´m down late in the third and do not adjust strategies in any way my AI teammates will start to play more aggressively for me anyway?
  • Wish you all could sit here now and try to play the game. It´s full mud going on right now. Experiencing Absolutely horrible gameplay while my opponents are flying and are untouchable.

THANK YOU EA for taking this issue seriously!!!!! The fact you can´t verify it exists is mindblowing.
    Put on some mouth protection, book a flight to Sweden and spend a few hours at my house and you will have the existence confirmed in no time. The cost for such an expedition is what you earn on packs a few minutes....
  • EA_Aljo

This is really interesting. So if I´m down late in the third and do not adjust strategies in any way my AI teammates will start to play more aggressively for me anyway?

No since that's all under your control. You have the ability to attack the puck harder. You can also get passes off faster by using one-touch passes. Strategies can be set to make your AI focus on offense and sacrifice defense.