13Next

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2143 posts EA Community Manager
    jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    bad passes go through defenders at an alarming rate..

But what are those defenders actively doing?

Again - please don't be offended or feel like I'm attacking you - but - can you provide a video clip of exactly this; 'bad passes going through defenders'

I just want to see what you feel that means.

2. No good would come of it. If I complained that my car exploded when I turned the ignition and posted a video here the experts would turn it into an argument about my grip on the key. I've seen VERY few of these posted video conversations be productive and/or stay on point.

This is why you're seeing less interaction from devs here. The idea was to give you all additional insight into how the game works, but it was very frequently met with disbelief. We've admitted when issues were due to bugs or it's just something unintended that shouldn't be occurring.

Aljo, that comment wasn't meant for the devs if that was how you interpreted my "expert" comment.

Either way I understand and I don't blame them. For me personally even if I didn't say anything or didn't agree with the logic that got them to a decision I still appreciated Ben's explanations and could apply how the game "thinks" or technical causes of a problem to improve my game for the current situation.

Like I hated the "not ready for the pass" argument last year, but at least after Ben explained it I knew if I cheated closer to the recipient I would see better results defending a pass.

I was just adding some context as to why there isn't much dev interaction here these days. We aren't going to blame the players for no good reason and your post seemed to be saying that. Apologies if I'm wrong about that.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Again - please don't be offended or feel like I'm attacking you - but - can you provide a video clip of exactly this; 'bad passes going through defenders'

2. No good would come of it. If I complained that my car exploded when I turned the ignition and posted a video here the experts would turn it into an argument about my grip on the key. I've seen VERY few of these posted video conversations be productive and/or stay on point.

This is why you're seeing less interaction from devs here. The idea was to give you all additional insight into how the game works, but it was very frequently met with disbelief. We've admitted when issues were due to bugs or it's just something unintended that shouldn't be occurring.

Aljo, that comment wasn't meant for the devs if that was how you interpreted my "expert" comment.

Either way I understand and I don't blame them. For me personally even if I didn't say anything or didn't agree with the logic that got them to a decision I still appreciated Ben's explanations and could apply how the game "thinks" or technical causes of a problem to improve my game for the current situation.

Like I hated the "not ready for the pass" argument last year, but at least after Ben explained it I knew if I cheated closer to the recipient I would see better results defending a pass.

I was just adding some context as to why there isn't much dev interaction here these days. We aren't going to blame the players for no good reason and your post seemed to be saying that. Apologies if I'm wrong about that.

No biggie, I was just referring to other forum goers hijacking the thread for something irrelevant to the actual topic of the videos that are posted. Such as "why does the goalie react this way?" Somehow becomes a conversation about something completely away from the play that has no bearing on the goalie whatsoever. I should have put "experts" in quotes to denote my sarcasm and keep things clear.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

No.

Fine. I mean - I am CONSTANTLY providing CLEAR evidence about the things I claim in this game. Both good AND bad.

Yet when I hold others to task in order to see just what they're talking about.. I get responses like this.

Why not provide some facts and prove me wrong and shut me up?

1. I'm usually only playing when I have multiple friends on and I'm not making everybody wait while I go searching around for clips to record.

Literally takes 2 seconds

They don't stay on point because the people posting the videos just want confirmation that they are correct. In those threads where it ends up in an argument - they typically aren't looking for tips or an explanation as to what they can do as a player to avoid whatever scenario is bugging you - they just want people to 'agree' and 'like' it.

Being told what you don't want to hear does not mean that posting videos is useless. It helps a lot and refusing to do so just adds to the divisiveness.
    5. I'm old and don't feel like jumping through the hoops and don't care if there are people who don't believe me, no offense intended.

None taken. But if you're going to make a claim that 'bad passes go through defenders at an alarming rate' then maybe provide some video of what your perception of 'going through players' is.
    Disregard my opinion if you must but you don't see me asking for videos of interceptions working correctly yet I still know it happens at times.

I would never disregard anyone's opinion.

Even though you didn't ask, here's a video of an interception.