EA Forums - Banner

Goalie can't cover

Replies

• For you, @EA_Aljo . Wondering if you've all seen this yet
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    The devs don't care about human goalie mode. You just wasting your time capturing and uploading videos.
  • EA_Aljo
    2847 posts EA Community Manager
    @Stovetop9620

Does this also happen when you hold Y/Triangle to cover instead of tapping it?
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Stovetop9620

Maybe the watch video he posted? Its only 9 sec long.
    @Stovetop9620

@EA_Aljo . This one was strange. Typically, I have not struggled with covering as a goalie with this one exception. With this one, I was holding and then tapping. Both didn't work. I wonder if it was a clipping issue because I was kind of in my net and stuck on the post for a moment.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Stovetop9620

@EA_Aljo . This one was strange. Typically, I have not struggled with covering as a goalie with this one exception. With this one, I was holding and then tapping. Both didn't work. I wonder if it was a clipping issue because I was kind of in my net and stuck on the post for a moment.

Are you using full manual covers or do you have auto covers enabled?
    @Stovetop9620

That is a great question. I don't think I changed it from the default setting. Probably auto. I will adjust and test later. Thanks duder
  • EA_Aljo
    @Stovetop9620

That is a great question. I don't think I changed it from the default setting. Probably auto. I will adjust and test later. Thanks duder

By default, it's set to auto. So, there wouldn't be coverage in this situation. If you switch to manual, you'll increase your chances of covering. However, when you're in this post pose, most likely, if it could be solved, it probably would with auto covers.
    @Stovetop9620

It's a legit question to try and determine if the cover puck mechanic is failing or if auto-cover is failing.
    @Stovetop9620

By default, it's set to auto. So, there wouldn't be coverage in this situation. If you switch to manual, you'll increase your chances of covering. However, when you're in this post pose, most likely, if it could be solved, it probably would with auto covers.

Thanks duder. That makes sense and I will employ that. Honestly, I never looked deeply into goalie controls. The more manual the better.
    @Stovetop9620

It's a legit question to try and determine if the cover puck mechanic is failing or if auto-cover is failing.

From what Aljo says, I think I need to turn off auto-cover. Issue, presumably, solved.
  • EA_Aljo
    @Stovetop9620

Thanks duder. That makes sense and I will employ that. Honestly, I never looked deeply into goalie controls. The more manual the better.

No problem! It may help, but it's not a guarantee. That's just the initial thought after getting some feedback from the dev team. Try it out and feel free to provide some feedback. Thanks!