EA Forums - Banner

Black screen after the 1st period

Is anyone else getting this? Everytime in 3s today after the first, there is a black screen and the game just hangs until someone quits. 3 games in a row now. Any one else have this happening?

Replies

• Is anyone else getting this? Everytime in 3s today after the first, there is a black screen and the game just hangs until someone quits. 3 games in a row now. Any one else have this happening?

I had it happen twice the other day but none since. One of the times after about 3 min of black screen, the game resumed like nothing happened except 1 person on each team was gone.
  • We had one again tonight, it started in EASHL 3v3 when the opponent got a penalty shot. They scored (we had black screen) and then image returned after a while. I should have a video about it, will post tomorrow..
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    So yeah, here's a video of what happened in a game of EASHL club 3v3: the opponent gets a penalty shot, the screen goes blank and the opponent apparently scores, while our team sees nothing... next play resumes. It's pretty much black screen all the way, but you can hear what's going on, if you have sound on.

This is on PS4, and on European servers, if that is in any way relevant.
  • Been seeing this black screen when I play 3's as well..its happens on penalty shots and sometimes its completely black or its a little black where you can still see what's going on. Either way, this shouldn't have been in the final product. Its embarrassing that a copy and paste job results in this..
  • EA_Aljo
    2616 posts EA Community Manager
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    Been seeing this black screen when I play 3's as well..its happens on penalty shots and sometimes its completely black or its a little black where you can still see what's going on. Either way, this shouldn't have been in the final product. Its embarrassing that a copy and paste job results in this..

This is an issue we're aware of and investigating. It's possible this is happening when mashing the button to skip the cut scene. So, for now, try not to skip them or go easy on the button. Hopefully, it'll be resolved in a future update.
  • I just had it happen in rivals. Other guy quit, screen went black and I can hear things moving when I press over, but can't figure out how to finish the game if I can't see anything. So now I'll probably get a loss even though the other guy quit l 😡.